What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
A lot of things in Pakistan do not make sense but at some stage they have to start exporting. Besides in our current economic climate the more we export the better it is for us. Also current lull in Indo Pak sabre rattling means PAF might have a bit more time to firm up block 2 if not for export then at Least for itself. As such it does make sense to fulfil an export demand whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Araz,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any issues with exporting, but the real aim of the JF-17 project was to equip PAF first and foremost. I believe 150 RD-93 engines were purchased in advance. If Pakistan exports JF-17 with RD-93s, then how are we going to fulfill our own needs?

I really hope PAF doesn't get carried away with the idea of exporting and making money. Making money should not be the concern right now.

Araz,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any issues with exporting, but the real aim of the JF-17 project was to equip PAF first and foremost. I believe 150 RD-93 engines were purchased in advance. If Pakistan exports JF-17 with RD-93s, then how are we going to fulfill our own needs?

I really hope PAF doesn't get carried away with the idea of exporting and making money. Making money should not be the concern right now.

Valid argument. But first of all it's not like more engines cannot be ordered in the future. Secondly Pakistan is short on cash. Now I'm not sure if the jets sold will be used ones or new ones will be made to sell to Sri Lanka but they'll definitely provide funding for more jets or help some aspect of Pakistan's weapons industry.

Pakistan needs big cash, and becoming an international supplier of jets is a great way going about doing that, as well as elevating Pakistan's importance in the world. All I hope is that the money is used wisely.

Araz,

Hi.
According to Hkhan of pakdef.info the sale of RD93 to Pakistan has never been an issue. As such I think we are ourselves creating a problem in our heads. We need money to pump into projects a d the only way I can see this happening is by increasing our exports.
Araz

Cheng Fei intensify Xiaolong trial basis for the next technology upgrade
2013-10-28 13:44 China Aviation News

20131028014552955.jpg

"Fierce Dragon" test in full swing

Entering the fourth quarter, the aircraft industry to speed up the CAC test station "Fierce Dragon" aircraft, a number of research trials have been completed and the manipulation of flexible shaft test, flight test, and various additional test modifications, made a number of important data and initial results for the next step "Fierce Dragon" aircraft technology upgrades foundation. The picture shows the flight test station laboratory technicians are for data recording and analysis.

http://mil.huanqiu.com/china/2013-10/4498492.html

Someone plz explain in detail the highlighted part (if possible)...... as blk-2 was expected to have some minor modifications mainly related to EW suit ....... :undecided:

Cheng Fei intensify Xiaolong trial basis for the next technology upgrade
2013-10-28 13:44 China Aviation News
20131028014552955.jpg

"Fierce Dragon" test in full swing

Entering the fourth quarter, the aircraft industry to speed up the CAC test station "Fierce Dragon" aircraft, a number of research trials have been completed and the manipulation of flexible shaft test, flight test, and various additional test modifications, made a number of important data and initial results for the next step "Fierce Dragon" aircraft technology upgrades foundation. The picture shows the flight test station laboratory technicians are for data recording and analysis.

http://mil.huanqiu.com/china/2013-10/4498492.html

Someone plz explain in detail the highlighted part (if possible)...... as blk-2 was expected to have some minor modifications mainly related to EW suit ....... :undecided:

The stress tests, Since heavy payloads are being attached with JF-17 ( C-802, PGM, 2000 LB bombs,) It required new tests which would validate How JF-17 would react with such heavy load on ground and in air with various configs and how much it would affect JF-17 wings, fuselage and body.

The JF-17 in the pic, it would be 10-115 which was spotted last month in CAC or the PT-04 which I think is permanently stationed there

First JF-17 inducted in 2008, one might ask, it's been 5 years, why such things are not done in 2011 or 2012 which might explain funding crunches from PAF side. As and if when they release funds, such tests are carried in china.

The stress tests, Since heavy payloads are being attached with JF-17 ( C-802, PGM, 2000 LB bombs,) It required new tests which would validate How JF-17 would react with such heavy load on ground and in air with various configs and how much it would affect JF-17 wings, fuselage and body.

The JF-17 in the pic, it would be 10-115 which was spotted last month in CAC or the PT-04 which I think is permanently stationed there

First JF-17 inducted in 2008, one might ask, it's been 5 years, why such things are not done in 2011 or 2012 which might explain funding crunches from PAF side. As and if when they release funds, such tests are carried in china.

Actually those tests have been done earlier. This may be in relation to additional weapon loads along with small changes in manufacturing process and design. But the funding crunch is beginning to show. However, with Saith Mian Sbs lips wettened with the prospect of sales of this aircraft the recent budget looks to be a good boost for the JF.

@mafiya & @Oscar .....what about the 'next step aircraft technology upgrades foundation' part ??

Does it indicates some expected or unexpected 'notable structural & other' changes ???

@mafiya & @Oscar .....what about the 'next step aircraft technology upgrades foundation' part ??

Does it indicates some expected or unexpected 'notable structural & other' changes ???

Since article is translated from chinese, we could assume it's a figurative sentence meaning the static IFR which block-2 about to receive.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRK
Araz,

I am sure PAF must have prioritized things. They should start exporting as soon as possible, this will be in the benefit of country.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...cks-specifications-on-exporting-jf-17-thunder

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s strained economic condition puts to question the country’s capability to spend billions of rupees on the defence sector on the pretext of enhancing the defence exports and kicking off related strategic ventures.
While the country grapples with worst kind of economic crises owing to crippled industry due to ever-rising inflation, increasing cost of industrial expenditures following massive hike in power tariff as well as security situation, billions of rupees are reportedly being pumped in the strategic projects without any accurate anticipation whether such kind of large-scale investment at the cost of public money would bear any fruit.
Some reports suggest that Pakistan intends to export sophisticated JF-17 Thunder fighter jets to certain countries by next year and $ 100 million (over 10 billion rupees) have been released in this regard. Interestingly, this reported amount is more than four times the size of funds allocated to Pakistan’s defence production sector (2.3 billion rupees) in this year’s fiscal budget. In the defence budget for the ongoing year, there is no mention of any prioritised project in the Defence Production Division suggesting the exports of JF-17 Thunder and the allocation of over Rs 10 billion for related expenses.
The budgetary allocations for defence and defence production sectors for the fiscal year 2013-14 suggest, of the Rs 627 billion defence budget, the Defence Division has received Rs 4.2 billion and the Defence Production Division, Rs 2.300 billion. Separately, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Ministry of Defence Production (MoDP) have respectively got Rs 1.3 billion and Rs 5.8 billion. Pakistan Army has got Rs 310 billion in this year’s fiscal budget, which is almost 50 percent of the total defence budget for 2013-14. The PAF got Rs 131 billion that makes 21 percent of the Rs 627 billion defence budget while Pakistan Navy got Rs 63 billion, around 10 percent of the defence funds. Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) got Rs 6.2 billion.
As many as 20 projects have been prioritised for which Rs 3.5 billion have been allocated while only two projects in the Defence Production Division have been prioritised with the allocation of Rs 2.3 billion.
Adding to the mystery shrouding reported plans for exporting JF-17 Thunder, the top government functionaries concerned have kept conspicuous mum over the issue. This correspondent called Rana Tanvir Hussain, Federal Minister for Defence Production thrice at his personal cell number on Friday to get his viewpoint on the issue but he did not speak. His personal assistant Muhammad Bilal said the minister was in a meeting with Governor Punjab Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar and was not available for comments.
Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid, on contact, expressed inability to comment on the issue saying the matter was not known to him. “Frankly speaking, I haven’t heard of any such development. How can I say anything without having proper knowledge?”
The Secretary Defence Production Lieutenant General (r) Tanvir Tahir was called at his official landline number 051-9270930 but he, according to his staff, was not in the office.
Jointly manufactured by Aviation Industry Corp of China and the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), JF-17 Thunder is originally a Chinese product, with the related technology shifted to Pakistan in the recent years. Regarded as a third-generation multipurpose combat jet, the JF-17 Thunder, in technical terms, is known as FC-1 Fierce Dragon.
In an interview with a Chinese news agency in May this year, Chairman PAC Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan had claimed that several countries were interested in buying JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan. The PAC manufactured more than 40 JF-17 Thunder aircraft, he had said
The recent media reports claim Pakistan is to export five to seven JF-17 Thunder jets to the countries like Sri Lanka, Kuwait and Qatar and related deliberations are under way.
Requesting anonymity, a retired air marshal said, the manufacturing cost incurred on JF-17 Thunder is 1.5 billion to two billion rupees, roughly. “It needs to be determined whether there is a significant room for exporting this aircraft and earning profit after incurring such huge amount of money,” he said. Pakistan’s current defence budget of Rs 627 billion has seen 15 percent surge compared to the last year’s defence budget of Rs 545 billion that was revised at Rs 570 billion.

Does not seem like we will be exporting the thunders any sooner.

Guys seems like Block-2 is here ....

1093_3653414351437_160127045_n.jpg

Nothing new, its the same old design. Probably one of the last SP aircraft under final test & evaluation stage. The spine is just the same as the older designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom