What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible future prospect for a modified Thunder. ??

972237_397908510325197_1538881519_n.jpg

Quite smartly armed, but that would limit the number of miles it can fly for. Unless some of the rockets can be substituted for am external tank or 2. But at point def, it would be really deadly.

nooo i will not agree without IFR

Why not? Pakistan-China can work and test on specialized CFTs its not some rocket science but Engine should be more powerful and JFT should shed some weight.

Why not? Pakistan-China can work and test on specialized CFTs its not some rocket science but Engine should be more powerful and JFT should shed some weight.

but my dear sir IFR is must must must for any modern fighter give me a name please without IFR and made after 2000s or late90s?

but my dear sir IFR is must must must for any modern fighter give me a name please without IFR and made after 2000s or late90s?

I'm discussing alternate possibilities it might cost the same in development of light weight specialized CFTs or installing IFR...everything goes back no money no nothing.

article already posted in info pool thread

Are the new engines ready for these?

That is nice to say but you have not added the real situation. The harriers send to the Maldivas (and I say that because they belong to Argentina cause otherwise India should own Ireland) had a major BVR and radar upgrade. The Argentinians had outdated and hardly 2nd gen airplanes like A4 and Mirages... The Mirages can do major destructive air to air fighting. LCA is one example. If it has speed, altitude and weapons then you better stay out of the range, even in a F16.

About Mirages being high altitude... It was an island warfare. The UK had enough naval assets and radars to intercept them at high altitude. So most attacks were very low altitude... They needed to go down to shoot targets. And those were not harriers. The mirages were not doing CAP.

If the French were not providing source codes and data to the UK about Exocet and if the Argentinians had more then a few then it would have been a different war. This war showed that the French screwed the Argentinians. No wonder almost no one (except maybe Brasil) is buying from them now...

Thats is no enterely true, the problem with the Mirages 3 on 82, was they where using French weaponry and systems WAY too outdated and subpar compared to the Harriers, so, first off, the Harriers only engaged in favorable conditions, and the times when the Mirages engaged Harriers on low altitude they where outnumered, the Mirage 3 had no countermeasures systems, the Harriers had chaff -but not flares-, the Mirage 3 where using the way useless Super 530 as "bvr" and the Matra R550 as WVR, they did fired the R550, but that useless misile cant hit a thing, and that considering the Harriers had no WVR defenses, there was NO way to beat the Harrier+AIM9L combination, the AIM-9L was way too good, it wanst really the Harrier who beat the M3, it was the 9L, so the best M3 weapon was the cannons, if the Harriers where using AIM-9B things could have played out a bit different, thats why the Mirages 3 where not going down to engage anymore, it was suicide to engage a superior force in desfavorable conditions.

The A-4B could have fighted the Harriers a bit better, but A-4 crews where not trained for AA combat (or naval combat), but A-4 cannons where not good to in that freezing cold and they used to get stuck easily, and AIM-9B where not good missiles either, also the A-4 where all reserved for attack role.

And for the Exocet, no matter what the French did, the missile was a success, it was just lacking numbers, War rule number 1, if you start a war, make sure to have more than 5 missiles.

I see the JF-17 has a modern "A-4", a primary attack fighter, with secondary fighter role at a cheap price, so on the contrary to the A-4 its important that the JF-17 can carry AA missiles as well A-T weapons, when an A-4 carry A-T weapons, it cant carry AA missiles, as it need all 3 external tanks to get anywhere, similar to the JF-17.

for delays and what not.. nobody wishes to admit the simple truth..:
Pakistan is broke, its Air force is BROKE..

In search of mirage of democracy... we came long way from 2006 when Pakistan was declared worlds biggest arms importer.

ERRIEYEs were destroyed... that was not so economic reasons... clearly, some black sheeps are working for foreign agencies / leaking the inside news.

why no body wishes to believe that evil march... that lead to the ouster of Musharraf, brought Pakistan to its knees and its responsibles must be brought to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom