What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is with oil mark between stabilizers? We have seen similar on jet performing in Dubai last year.

It just a dump pipe for oil as far as I know. I have details but can not share. Just remember the time I posted the landing gear area of JF17 and entire group of posters started abusing the info and using it against me. I learned from that experience.

It is not much different then the Gripen version. I hope that sorts out the questions.

Last edited:
FTC2000.jpg
JF 17 Intake pylon.jpg
DSC03869.JPG
F104-2.jpg
J10.jpg

I think JF-17 need additional pylons at least 2 under intake for ldp etc.it was discussed initially on increasing station from 7 to 9, like J10 and FTC2000

Last edited:
Reactions: HRK
It seems that PAF is planning only to get 150 JF-17s with 77 F-16s in total. Which means very small force which they were talking about 3-4 years back. I have heard some interviews on TV about that.

I highly doubt that any conflict between Ind vs Pak is going to escalate into a full blown war. There could be skirmishes here and there but that's about it. Because there is every possibility that any escalation is going to result into a Mutually destructive result for both or what ever will be left will be of no utility for the survivors. Both the countries have reliable Ballistic and Cruise Missiles to take out Important command centers, Air bases and other strategic assets within a few hours of notice. Rest assure that Su30 or JF17 will not be the deciding factor.

In this scenario, I reckon there is going to be a limited role for PAF and IAF especially when both are Neighbors (next to each other) and have very good C4I networks. There only role left is to have a credible deterrence. For such a requirement JF17 is more than enough to warn any intruding craft. And as repeatedly announced by PAF that 2BVR and 2WVR missiles is more than enough for the JF17 to perform all its intended roles; we can be rest assured that there is no need for them to carry 4,6 or 20 BVR's.

If India wants a plane to carry 10-20 BVR's than its their own requirements. There is no need for us to copycat them.

A nimble, low cost, easy to maintain , upgradable, sanction proof, plane is what PAF wants and this is exactly what JF17 fulfills. Nothing more nothing less.

It seems that PAF is planning only to get 150 JF-17s with 77 F-16s in total. Which means very small force which they were talking about 3-4 years back. I have heard some interviews on TV about that.

"Given the consideration the we intend to go for a new block with enhanced capabilities after 50 airframes, we could easily see a Block 4 or a even a Block 5." - Air Cdre Mahmood Khalid. (reported by Air Force Daily)

So...... 50 (Block-1) already produced and inducted + 50 (Block-2) to be produced and 50 (Block-3) will be produced in future the same way = 150 Airframes.
Now adding 50 (Block-4) and 50 (Block-5) we are easily getting = 250 Airframes. Which means: "150" is not the stop point :)

"Given the consideration the we intend to go for a new block with enhanced capabilities after 50 airframes, we could easily see a Block 4 or a even a Block 5." - Air Cdre Mahmood Khalid. (reported by Air Force Daily)

So...... 50 (Block-1) already produced and inducted + 50 (Block-2) to be produced and 50 (Block-3) will be produced in future the same way = 150 Airframes.
Now adding 50 (Block-4) and 50 (Block-5) we are easily getting = 250 Airframes. Which means: "150" is not the stop point :)

Any Block need not have 50 units. It can be more or less than that.

Agreed. But that fairly depends on the Budget the Air Force would be getting. But I still highly doubt that :)

Right now the indications are that financial constraints will limit the number of units built and deployed. If the economy picks up and more funds are made available, then of course it is another story.

Right now the indications are that financial constraints will limit the number of units built and deployed. If the economy picks up and more funds are made available, then of course it is another story.

Yes. :)

No Funds everything stops at 150. PAC would be ever busy not only would BLK 2 be produced but when the numbers reach good enough BLK 1 would start getting updates/upgrades so its not that you produce block and leave it and move on to next block but the previous block need to be upgraded as well so alot of money would only be dedicated to 150...forget anything above it for the next 8 years atlast.

The way I read this, combined with the Dubai presentation that was giving the timeline and the different blocks, is that the confirmed/current plan is for three Block of 50 each.
The Air Cdre then says, “we could easily see a Block 4 or a even a Block 5”. “COULD” puts these as a possibility. “EASILY” says “high probability”. “EVEN” suggests “at a stretch”.
So, my understanding is 150 a solid plans or the minimum they want. Things permitting they could/will try to get another 50 and a final 50.

Last edited:
They was I read this, combined with the Dubai presentation that was giving the timeline and the different blocks, is that they confirmed/current plan is for three Block of 50 each.
The Air Cdre then says, “we could easily see a Block 4 or a even a Block 5”. “COULD” puts these as a possibility. “EASILY” says “high probability”. “EVEN” suggests “at a stretch”.
So, my understanding is 150 a solid plans or the minimum they want. Things permitting they could/will try to get another 50 and a final 50.

Yes...... But not to forget that we have also read and heard that PAF might extend it's procurement plan from 150 to 250 Airframes. Keepin that in mind I added 50 Airfames from Block 4 & 5 each. But anyhow..... time will tell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom