What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why were the upgraded ? For cannibalization in case of sanctions ?

The upgraded ones are usually not up for cannibalization.
There is a stock of mirages with lots of hours on them bought specifically for stripping them of parts.

Everyone seems to be forgetting... about the 50 JFT China is going to suppy to us as a gift.. Any updates on those?

Everyone seems to be forgetting... about the 50 JFT China is going to suppy to us as a gift.. Any updates on those?

Apparently China itself has forgotten.
There is no Free supply as such.
It is a co-produced aircraft, therefore whatever parts that China sends to the supply line for free(rumored) still have to be assembled with the rest of the airframe by paid professionals.

Apparently China itself has forgotten.
There is no Free supply as such.
It is a co-produced aircraft, therefore whatever parts that China sends to the supply line for free(rumored) still have to be assembled with the rest of the airframe by paid professionals.

Ah, i see.. So these will be block 1 then?

Yeah those are Block I. We were supposed to get those months back.
Pakistan-US tensions were growing and maybe this was just a game plan to keep things a bit cooler on the US side.
Infact we don't need those anymore as we are already close to our 50 Block I and that's the amount of Block 1 PAF ordered! Unless they want us to have 100 Block 1.

So the Aesa radar, IRST and Diamond shape stealth nose and Composites pushed to 3rd block. As i expected and i think only 3rd block which will be 50-100 JF-17 will have Hi-tech goodies, 2nd block will not be upgraded to third block.

If this is the case.. what Specs can we see on block 2?

If no aesa.. what will we see upgraded klj, and what about engine.. Rd-93 or Ws-13?

No inflight refueling?

If this is the case.. what Specs can we see on block 2?

If no aesa.. what will we see upgraded klj, and what about engine.. Rd-93 or Ws-13?

No inflight refueling?

PAF is VERY happy with KLJ-7 as it is...it is performing beyond our expectations and provides a performance mark equal to the APG-68 in many aspects.

What are the significant upgrades in the Block 2 again if there's no AESA , IRST , FLIR or IFR probe ? I think i have lost track of things ...

What are the significant upgrades in the Block 2 again if there's no AESA , IRST , FLIR or IFR probe ? I think i have lost track of things ...

A tweaked KLJ-07 radar,Dual seat variant,Stronger mission computers with better fusion,IFR probe and Link-16.

A tweaked KLJ-07 radar,Dual seat variant,Stronger mission computers with better fusion,IFR probe and Link-16.

speculation or know as fact? what will be impact on pice then? our main selling point is affordability. but if its only for PAF and China then makes sense

Brooozzz,

Typhoon is coming to an airforce near you! JF-17 better up its game. Let's see how the PAF plays its trump card........

Well interestingly the news of 50 Thunders came to media after 2nd May incident...contract for these a/c was signed in late2011....predict their manufacturing/induction timeline yourself.

In my opinion, 'gift' means more technical and financial support in producing these a/c to meet the set timeline...there has to be a pay back from Pakistan at some later stage of project ( may be in some other form). We already owe them a lot, the days 'free F-6s' are over, things aren't the same today. If we are in joint risk and joint profit sharing project with China, then this balance has to be maintained by us too.

Its been a while since hearing some good news about the thunders

Thunder on the Title cover of PlanesTV DVD of EU airshows for 2011

EA_2011_sleeve_WIP_for_Web.jpg

I just read that the block III of Thunder is to incorporate with 5th Gen. avionics. Is it true because I also heard someone saying that Thunder cannot be transformed in a stealth fighter?:unsure::pakistan::china:

here goes the source

Twitter @PAF_PakFizaiya
Work on dual-seat variant of Thunder has already kicked off,Block-III Thunder to incorporate 5th gen avionics,Production to start in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom