What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Mirages and F16s are a start but, the J17 suffers from the same problem all Russian/Chinese aircraft have. Russian engines only last half as long as western jet engines and Chinese engines are either Russian or based on Russian. Put that together with the engine overhaul facilities being in Russia or China, with the exorbitant prices and delays in spares/overhauls, means half would be grounded at any given time. Spares and engine overhauls are where the Russians and Chinese make their profit."

I do not agree with this quote. The assertion that half aircraft would be grounded at any time is absurd. First, JF17 is designed for quick check-up and fast turn around time. Second, it is a single engined fighter not twin engined. Third, the first overhaul would be due after a number of years, during which time the aircraft would be 100% available. Fourth, any customer can use Pakistan which would likely have overhaul facilities keeping in mind the large number of JF-17s to be inducted.

The above quote I think is just scare-mongering.

The real issue is how well JF-17 can survive combat with 4.5 Generation fighter aircraft. That is the real concern. With development of 3rd block, JF-17 would give as well as it would get.

hey brothers
any new about Egypt and the jf-17 ?
i am really looking forward for this

Welcome to the forum brother. There is no information available as of now. Let us both wait and see.

I do not agree with this quote. The assertion that half aircraft would be grounded at any time is absurd. First, JF17 is designed for quick check-up and fast turn around time. Second, it is a single engined fighter not twin engined. Third, the first overhaul would be due after a number of years, during which time the aircraft would be 100% available. Fourth, any customer can use Pakistan which would likely have overhaul facilities keeping in mind the large number of JF-17s to be inducted.

The above quote I think is just scare-mongering.

The real issue is how well JF-17 can survive combat with 4.5 Generation fighter aircraft. That is the real concern. With development of 3rd block, JF-17 would give as well as it would get.

Welcome to the forum brother. There is no information available as of now. Let us both wait and see.

500 hours of flying time before engine overhaul for russian engines.

If you really want to to see the "source", please take your head out of your *** first.......

If MKI went on static display in US or france, will they be displayed with AMRAAM or R77? I am not saying that PL5EII hasn't been integrated with JF17, I am simply asking for a source. More so, because I don't understand the rationale behind going for Pl5EII and MAA-1A at the same time. Why not buy a single WVR missile?

Then just reject Pl5EII.
Btw hOBS for JF17 is useless since it does not come with an HMD.

JF-17 will have an HMD integrated soon enough, otherwise why buy the HOBS missiles if hasn't been planned?

Pretty lame for a fourth gen fighter I'd say. Even our Mig 29s come with Schlem(supposedly better than F16s HMD);)

All of our F-16s will have JHMCS and only an idiot will agree that Mig-29 HMD is better than the JHMCS.
@Oscar

Last edited by a moderator:
JF-17 will have an HMD integrated soon enough, otherwise why buy the HOBS missiles if hasn't been planned?

All of our F-16s will have JHMCS and only an idiot will agree that Mig-29 HMD is better than the JHMCS.
@Oscar

There is no news of even plans of an HMD.

Secondly, why don't you do some research first before talking about JHMCS. Even Europeans systems such as EFTs HMSS surpassed it a decade ago. It is a 20 year old system due to retire when F35 enters service. What is with this pakistani mentality that says every pakistani equipment is better than Russian/Indian ones by default?

Read something about Schlem before commenting and thus showing your ignorance. You should definitely be the most ignorant moderator on PDF.

If you really want to to see the "source", please take your head out of your *** first.......

Just did it. Show me the source now.

There is no news of even plans of an HMD.

We don't like to make news like DRDO does even if it farts out loud. Wait & see.
Secondly, why don't you do some research first before talking about JHMCS.

I do know a thing or two about JHMCS.

Even Europeans systems such as EFTs HMSS surpassed it a decade ago.It is a 20 year old system due to retire when F35 enters service.

JHMCs entered service in 2003. It will be in service with F-15,F-16 and F/A-18 platforms throughout their service life. "Do some research on JHMCS".

What is with this pakistani mentality that says every pakistani equipment is better than Russian/Indian ones by default?

Because it is.

Read something about Schlem before commenting and thus showing your ignorance.

By now everyone knows who's ignorant here, you just cant see it yet.

You should definitely be the most ignorant moderator on PDF.

One more personal attack and you are gone.

Just did it. Show me the source now.

"A brochure for the Chengdu FC-1 distributed at the recent 2009 Dubai Airshow mentions it can be equipped with a Helmet Mounted Display (HMD), which Chinese officials confirmed was available."

International Assessment and Strategy Center > Research > October Surprises In Chinese Aerospace

Now you can feel free to shut up.

Please clarify this post.

Read about JHCMS before commenting on Schlem..before coming up with "supposedly" or "possibly" or this and that.

This is the Schlem with its monocle(which has to be zero'ed like a sight for each pilot).. which has to be moved up and down during engagements.
Other than giving tracking for a missle lock through the light sensors.. to slave missiles.. the sight offers little else.
The reason it is soo respected is because when it first came in there was NOTHING like it out there in western fighters.

The JHCMS.. projects the complete HUD display onto the visor.. including targeting information..etc

Why dont you go ahead and read first before turning into a fountain of " you are ignorant" or otherwise.. Because like all fountains.. the water is only going to fall back on you.
Here is a nice start.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/air-warfare/30829-aviation-helmet-designs-helmet-mounted-systems.html

@Aeronaut

I like to share a funny fact. I went to Google.com and wrote "JF-17 testing HMD". On the very first page of Search tab, i found several links in which it was written Pakistan testing South African HMD for it's JF-17 plus a chinese HMD

Than i clicked Images tab and very first two images poped up showing screen shot of PAF documentary in which they are testing South African HMD

jf17hmdsvs2.jpg

When a lame person like me can find source so much easily on Google, than why someone else can't? If someone still persist like a ignorant parrot to give him source than what we call him then? An irritating, miserable stupid ignorant troll?

"A brochure for the Chengdu FC-1 distributed at the recent 2009 Dubai Airshow mentions it can be equipped with a Helmet Mounted Display (HMD), which Chinese officials confirmed was available."

International Assessment and Strategy Center > Research > October Surprises In Chinese Aerospace

Now you can feel free to shut up.

To augument your argument further, here is a picture of a HMD that is installed on the JF17 proto type - 06.

jf17hmdsxg0.jpg

Only a fool argues with a fool Aeronaut. I think we should have stopped taking him seriously when he claimed that MIG29's HMD is superior to that of JHMCS. I tried to reason with this dude on another thread and even educate him on some matters, but when i realized his head was struck up with his Indian goggles, i realized that it was not worth arguing with this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom