What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubai ShowNews | Day 1 | Express 3 | Zinio Digital Magazines

and Dubai ShowNews | Day 2 | Express 3 | Zinio Digital Magazines

1zeui5s.jpg

2cq1h8j.jpg

article quotes 38 of first 42 have been delivered..
does this mean kamara has produced 38 of 42 intended..
wouldnt that put the number at 38+8(SBP)=46?
or is this a mistake ?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

why hasnt RAAD been incorporated yet?(if its not)
if avionics are Chinese and RAAD is Pakistani then why is the delay?

Not essentially with two different missiles but a live and a dummy missile.

From CDF,some people say that the yellow one are a land version of C802(including the wall-climbing party).maybe you are right,^^Who knows......

article quotes 38 of first 42 have been delivered..
does this mean kamara has produced 38 of 42 intended..
wouldnt that put the number at 38+8(SBP)=46?
or is this a mistake ?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

why hasnt RAAD been incorporated yet?(if its not)
if avionics are Chinese and RAAD is Pakistani then why is the delay?
The total production run is sighted at 90 so let me guess
42 for the block I -------> 42+8 (SBP)= 50
48 for the block II-------> 48 (3 Sq) + 2 SBPs??=50

I think they both are fairly different
C-802AKG
6354286407_090365066a_b.jpg

YJ-83
6458387495_9f92f6a492_z.jpg

Well lets analyse picture although its not in same positions ... Head of these missiles are different YJ-83 has a bigger Head/Seeker ... center wings in 802AKG looks more squarish and small where as in YJ-83 seems to be having some large wings and having different in shape ... what is that in the middle of these wings some white color is it a ramjet or something ???

The total production run is sighted at 90 so let me guess
42 for the block I -------> 42+8 (SBP)= 50
48 for the block II-------> 48 (3 Sq) + 2 SBPs??=50

i meant whats the current status of numbers..
if according to article, kamara has produced 38 out of 42 than this would mean that we have 46 in operation as 8 were SBP produced in china

or this could be simply a mistake

Well lets analyse picture although its not in same positions ... Head of these missiles are different YJ-83 has a bigger Head/Seeker ... center wings in 802AKG looks more squarish and small where as in YJ-83 seems to be having some large wings and having different in shape ... what is that in the middle of these wings some white color is it a ramjet or something ???

The Yellow missile is probably Y83/C803 test round with all the electronics-&-seeker without warhead & jet-engine , while the Blue one is probably only a dead-weight dummy round just for weight and aircraft handling testing. There is also a Red Covering on the exhaust on the Yellow-round, while it is absent on the Blue-round, indicating the Yellow-Round might even contain a live jet engine.

When comparing the loaded Yellow Missile to the static Y82/C802 display round, it is very obvious that the Yellow-round has more tapered nose radome, to allow for supersonic speeds, as well as more tapered and bigger central wings for the same reason. This leads me to believe that Yellow round is infact Y83/C803 instead of C802.

The white stripes on exterior is external electrical conduit. The electrical-conduit bypasses the warhead & jet motor , and allows for electrical wiring to be connected to mid & rear mounted control surfaces. This is also visible on C802 static display. Btw, you can also find this kind of conduits on ballistic missiles and even on space shuttle main fuel tank. Its easier to just bypass the cylindrical interior and run electrical wiring through the exterior conduit.

Regards,
Sapper

^till the unfortunate crash of a JFT, the 3rd JFT squadron a/c, 16 in number had been almost completed and the squadron was to stand up at PAF Masroor by Feb-2012 - now it may take a bit longer.

16 and 26 squadron have 32 a/c.

it is speculated that the Mirage Maritime Strike Squadron will re-equip with the JFT.

so 42 produced at PAC Kamra + 8 SBP in china makes 50 a/c.

Santro, it is usual that all JFT issues from every where are mentioned in this thread.
This thread is more less sum up thread of JFT and you deleted certain posts.... perhaps it was bit too un-bearable for some.

^till the unfortunate crash of a JFT, the 3rd JFT squadron a/c, 16 in number had been almost completed and the squadron was to stand up at PAF Masroor by Feb-2012 - now it may take a bit longer.

16 and 26 squadron have 32 a/c.

it is speculated that the Mirage Maritime Strike Squadron will re-equip with the JFT.

so 42 produced at PAC Kamra + 8 SBP in china makes 50 a/c.

it would be better if they equip maritime strike squadron with blk 2.
Which will be more stealth, additional hard points, equipped with IFR and AESA.

Santro, it is usual that all JFT issues from every where are mentioned in this thread.
This thread is more less sum up thread of JFT and you deleted certain posts.... perhaps it was bit too un-bearable for some.

True, but chances were that those that it was unbearable for might end up messing up this thread.
Best to keep such mundane discussions to other threads, and keep the serious ones here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom