What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thouht they started in january... How come that is is delayed by 6 months? Financing probably. Another handy info, it takes 6 months to build one.

What is the capacity like? I heard that initially we will make 4-6 and then later on that capcity will increase to 8-10 AC each yr.

Sqn Ldr Haider Shahbaz Ali will probably go on to command one of the elite PAF MR sqns as his career progresses. !

Is he a controller? I didn't see any wings.

Is he a controller? I didn't see any wings.

Because of the angle, it is impossible to see if he is a pilot with full wing. If a controller, they do not have the PAF Pilot wings.

In the past, the only responsibilty they had was Air Traffic Control with no wings. And they received no flying allowance. Usually, those who coudnt make it into GD(P) or G.D(N) mostly ended up with ATC or C&R.

Wonder if PAF has other responsibilities for them now i.e. air drop. set up communication and help pilot in Air Support.

They are going to produce in june but still, good radar, more BVR missel carrying potential with more hard points, better enging, internal IRST, air to air refuling system and CFT for naval version is still no where.

I came across the JDW magazine in the library and was excited to see this interview - http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...hmed-chief-pakistan-air-force.html#post238089 . I was going to scan and post the page - but I decided to search first and the interview has already been posted;

I found these words very telling on the surrent status of the JF-17:
“We are hoping somewhere in 2009 we should be able to induct them into the PAF with some limited operational capability and expand: from short-range missiles to BVR [beyond visual range]; from normal clean iron bombs, conventional bombs, to smarter bombs; to carrying external pods of various types,” said ACM Ahmed.

So, when the JF-17 becomes operational later this year - there will be no SD-10 or any other SMART munitions. That will come eventually but not immideately. I don't believe that is anything to do with limitations on current avionics - it is just the pace of innovation. ... ... I believe even the EF-2000 was initially inducted with very limited capabilities.

^^^ So what you have all Darter series...

SLAMABAD: Pakistan has started assembling of the first Pakistani-built JF-17 Thunder multirole combat aircraft today .

Chief of the air staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman inaugurated the construction in a ceremony at Kamra.

Top military and civilian officials of Pakistan and China attended the ceremony.

This success will enhance Pakistan’s air power in the region and at international scale, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said.

He lauded the efforts of the engineers and technicians in the making of the aircraft.

He also commended the Chinese cooperation and said that the joint Sino-Pak project is a living example of the cooperation between the two countries.

The first operational squadron of JF-17s is set to fully enter service by the end of the year.
Production of JF-17 Thunder Starts in Pakistan

Last edited:
PAF starts JF-17 Thunder production

KAMRA: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has started assembling of the first Pakistani-built JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft.

Chief of the air staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman inaugurated the construction in a ceremony at Kamra. Top military and civilian officials of Pakistan and China attended the ceremony.

This success will enhance Pakistan’s air power in the region and at international scale, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said. He praised the Chinese cooperation and said that the joint Sino-Pak project is a living example of the cooperation between the two countries.

Pakistan and China signed an agreement for the production of 42 JF-17 fighters, which are expected to form the backbone of Pakistani aerial combat fleet in coming years.

The Pakistan Air Force has so far received eight JF-17 jets from China that are being used for testing and evaluation. The PAF plans to raise its first squadron of JF-17 jets by the end of this year.

Masha-Allah.
A milestone reached in the field of aviation by our beloved homeland Pakistan. But this is not it. We must keep working hard to further enhance our capabilities and explore our true potential.

A new era in our infant aviation Industry with a small step but a giant step towards self reliance.

Must be a great learning curve for our engineers.

Giving a go ahead means they have almost completed the test and evaluation and must have decided about its radars and missiles.

But which one. Fingers crossed

Mashallah a very good news :):pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom