What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, I have a question....a silly one though :P

what about our pilots? are they excited about JF-17?? how much?

someone with PAF Sources?

Hi,

Fly boys and fighter jocks are always ready and excited to get their tush strapped into a new machine of any kind. It is just like getting into a new breed of race cars---I am positive there would be a long line of pilots wanting to switch over to the JF 17.

Why?---a new plane---totally un-chartered territory---what tricks can it perform for me---and what kind of tricks can I make it perform---every flyer in the PAF would want to test and fly this plane to the very extreme of its limits.

PAFs will always be working on a much smaller budget to say IAF or PLAAF

Inaddition i THINK politically Pakistan feels very vulnerable to sanctions especially the USA having suffered the F16 saga in the 1990s

They have over 150 old mirage 3/5 that need replacing.

Theres no way PAF could buy 150 mirage2000 or rafael at the huge french prices.

JF17 overcomes those issues above.

Low cost, sanction proof, quicker replacement of those miragess

AND TOT of a modern jet fighter.

JF17 block 1 will sit just below F16/52 in tech. and be too good for indian bisons and a match for mig29smt upgrades.

How ever i feel block 1 will fall short of mirage2000-5 upgrades

The SU30MKI is a different level alltogether.

Inaddition i THINK politically Pakistan feels very vulnerable to sanctions especially the USA having suffered the F16 saga in the 1990s

JF17 block 1 will sit just below F16/52 in tech. and be too good for indian bisons and a match for mig29smt upgrades.

Please move PLAAF and IAF ; IAF is 100 years behind its like comparing Afganistan to US ; surely living in false inlusion will fall short uring the war time we will never have a modern air force you guys are rich and have alot of money we are poor and Pakistan is a slum country please dont kill us thank you.I just stated what you want to hear.

iceman2009...our Mirages 3/5 will still remain in numbers till 2019 after extensive upgradss they don't need replacing sooner. The reason Pakistan went for JF-17 project to come up with something better than Mirage 2000-5s and Mig29s..Its not a foolish investment after all...while after upgrades of Indian Mirages there will be no more room for upgrades of these 50-60 Mirages...Whereas later on all of the JF-17s will be equipped with AESA radars and Better BVRs...JF-17s first 50 upgrades will be on par with Mrage2000-5s later on Mirages will remain in same state while JF-17 will further get true 4 and some 4.5 generation Upgrades...possibility of blk2 JF-17s might be expected in 2014..

Agreed PAF cannot compete with IAF in terms of budget, but the purpose of PAF is to be a defence related force which can easily thwart any misadventure from IAF. Currently you are right, M2K is is a bit better than JF17 but keep in mind that this is the initial version of JF17 and M2K is at its maturity stage. I believe that Block 2 of JF17 will be a totally different story; it will have AESA radar, MICA-IR/RF set of missiles and the PAF is looking for next generation of missiles for JF17. MKI's you are right, they are in a total different league alltogather but they are certinely not invincible.

I completely agree with you.

Hi

I have a question regarding JF 17 that what types of Avionics will be fitted in the first batch. And Secondly that AESA Radar can be Fitted in the Plane or not ?

Hi

I have a question regarding JF 17 that what types of Avionics will be fitted in the first batch. And Secondly that AESA Radar can be Fitted in the Plane or not ?

Yes later block of JF-17 will have AESA Radar , current JF-17 batch has the Chinese Avionics .

Asifs...Mach 1.8 not mach 1.6 correction..also chinese engines for next batch will be mach 2.0...we don't know yet what radar is going to be fitted in JF-17 so i don't agree 75 KM...we shouldn't be matching this current JF-17 with MIG29 smt.

well after going through asifs0463's 11 posts, without shadow of any doughs he must be the thickest moron to come online with his wikipeedia research and the moronism is visible through his helmet!
Does he even know that most of 4th heck even 4.5 generation MRCA still use non composit airframes!

Last edited:
IAF currently has 100 Su 30MKI, 39 Miraj 2000H, 56 Mig 29SMT, 104 Jaguar IS and around 350 Mig 27 and Mig 21.

They have got around 650 fighter jets.

They will soon get another 140 Su 30MKI, 126 MRCA (6 companies are fighting for this contract), 40 HAL Tejas (IAF will order more if they like the fighters).

We seriously need JF-17, J-10 and F-16.

miraj? what plane is that, i dont know?

As for 6 "companies" phiting for the contract. let them add F-35 F-22. do you even know the whole point of this 126 deal?

So much for your "LCA". come and talk about it when its ready and lol the fully combat capable LCA wont fly before 2020 and the LCA with AESA and kevir engine wont be even ready before 2024! Btw thats not my opinion but director of LCA programe!

Is this a joke? Can you please explain on what basis have you compared JF 17 with Mig 29smt Upgrades? Can you please give some links to support your point. Please dont just make such statements which does not make sense. Maybe I should talk to the WEBMASTER and we can have a minimum criteria / manner police taking control of this web-site.

I understand that we don't have budget to buy batter plane and JF 17 Just serve purpose of ADF for Pakistani air force. And china is reliable supplier.

But how can you compare JF 17 (with Mach 1.6, 75Km range radar, aluminium body with less payload capacity) with Mig 29smt (With Mach 2.35, thrust/weight ratio of 1.13, N-109 radar).

from where the hell you got JF17's speed as mach 1.6?? wake up kid its mach 1.8 and who tell you that its radar range is 75 km?? you have no idea what you are talking about :crazy:
read it carefully!!
The detection range for targets with a radar-cross section of up to 5 m2 is 125 km or 50 km in look-down mode. Surface sea targets can be detected at up to 135 km.
Instead of doing BS, now you provide me link that proves MIG29SMT superiority over JF17

JF-17 with a french engine M52 or M88 will give a great additional 0.4 mach bost over 1.8!

I am curious that till to time i have not heard that whether JF17 fired the SD10 (BVR missile)or not and if it did than what was the result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom