What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think J-10 stands where it is. J-10 is just a different class of a fighter. It is just more logistical thing to go for a fighter which requires less maintenance (back bone 350+) and your getting TOT with total rights.

Rd93 B , KLJ10 with air refulleing prob and some resturcturing i am loving it guys.....

Keep this passion UP

If its true that RD-93B will make JF-17 competible to Mig-29OVT I assume it will have TVC capability. Otoh Pshamim reports that the airframe (design) is to be frozen for three years, which means that the improved engine will only be inducted in Block-II since significant changes are required to adapt TVC capability such as strenghtening of fuselage and possibly introduction of canards.

So if we get a new engine with more thrust in this case the RD-93B, TVC and a possible radar change from KLJ or RC-400 to an AESA radar, how would we then compare it with the F-16 c/d block 50/52? IMO JF-17 with all of these changes should fall into an entirely different league like that of a rafale or eurofighter typhoon. Any one could shed some light on this matter.

I am still confused on the engine... not sure if it is going to have TVC. According to my sources, the engine will just be improved version of RD-93 with more thrust.

The JF-17 wish list is very impressive and comparison with the MiG-29OVT which in itself is a super-duper aircraft is saying a lot for the capabilities of the JF-17.
2009 is down the road, and i cannot wait for the 23rd March-09 fly-past of operational JF-17s.
Wish the PAF all the best to make this a reality.

The JF-17 wish list is very impressive and comparison with the MiG-29OVT which in itself is a super-duper aircraft is saying a lot for the capabilities of the JF-17.
2009 is down the road, and i cannot wait for the 23rd March-09 fly-past of operational JF-17s.
Wish the PAF all the best to make this a reality.

Wish list should be impressive ! No?.

TVC for RD93B, i think not, furthermore, 10% thrust increase is a good thing to have and smoke problem also resolved. JF-17 can compete with MIG29 OVT, with impressive radar and weapons systems of Customer's Choice.

KLJ 10 is not a bad radar, but i think RC400 is far more better and combination of MICA with RC 400 gives JF-17 great strenght.

JF-17 in other areas have also been improved. Aerodynamic improvements have increased their mobility, as well as the ability to engage in a variety of tasks. The small batches manufactured JF-17 is likely to represent the ultimate models of aircraft body Design. Particularly noteworthy is the central fuselage of DSI inlet used in the JF-17 has brought some stealth capability. Other improvements include reduced body weight, through redesigned interior more space has been created, an increase of the fuel carrying capacity, and increased range. Aircraft will achieve speed of 1.8 Mach. After the the improved engine, aircraft’s performance will further be enhanced. The new information shows that the current design will be frozen for the next three years before some further changes are introduced.

this is like what I mentioned couple of months ago,when someone here was saying two JF-17 been returned to China.

kvlin,

Do you have any updates on the development of an AESA radar by the Chinese?

Pakistan expresses confidence in J-17 schedule
JDW
The Pakistan Air Force will have an operational capability with JF-17 Thunder light fighter aircraft by the end of 2008 and expects to have its first eight aircraft under a "small batch order" within the next few months, according to the country's Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed. Speaking to Jane's at the Dubai Air Show on 12 November, ACM Ahmed dismissed concerns over the Russian RD-93 engine that powers the joint Sino-Pakistan aircraft as "an issue created from here and there"

And what about the WS-13? Or is the R93B another name for it?

in my opinion, the WS-13 will not be available for another 1-2 years as it undergoes static trials. also there is the small matter of 200 RD-93s already ordered by china to power the JF-17s.

in my opinion, the WS-13 will not be available for another 1-2 years as it undergoes static trials. also there is the small matter of 200 RD-93s already ordered by china to power the JF-17s.

Yes but these RD-93s will be RD-93Bs with 10% increased thrust.

As for AESA by Chinese i doubt very much that china is near to any existing AESA technology. The best they can come up with in near future will be PESA of mostly russian tech. True AESA as APG-80 is far from China yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom