What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block-II replaces F-7P Skybolt of the Number 2 Minhas Squadron.

Well, as you said our economy is growing, I didn't see any growth in our budget. :P

In military's budget or in the country's budget? Would you like to post the budget you are referring to and the previous two years so we could do a comparison? :enjoy:. This place has a bad habit of "conversational blame-ism" (my term), instead of being factual. Let's start to bring facts so ALL can agree with you, or you are proven wrong. Numbers and facts don't lie!!! :tup:

In military's budget or in the country's budget? Would you like to post the budget you are referring to and the previous two years so we could do a comparison? :enjoy:. This place has a bad habit of "conversational blame-ism" (my term), instead of being factual. Let's start to bring facts so ALL can agree with you, or you are proven wrong. Numbers and facts don't lie!!! :tup:
Depends on whether he is referring to the percentage or the amount. If the percentage is constant, it is still growing; if the amount is constant, it is not(rather, it might shrink due to inflation).

PAF Masroor has a bird strike problem. Urbanization has encroached too near to the base, and the damage to PAF jets is costing alot to PAF and has cost several crashes as well. I've heard from several sources that PAF will eventually relocate the base and has already selected a new location which has some added strategic advantages as well. Its now a matter of when whether than if.

China has converted F-6/7s into UAVs for use as air defence decoys and cruise missiles. Hope PAF initiates a similar program for its phased out jets.

May airbases around the world are right in the middle of urban development. Pollution, lack of sanitation and regular garbage disposal are the reason for proliferation of birds, not urbanization.

PN has requested these and PAF is also considering to add a few more so that they have about 3 sqd in total.
The only issue is that PAF is still considering the J-10B as well.... Lets see what will come out in the coming months.

Sir,
Here is the video regarding Bird issues on PAF Masroor Airbase.

Population growth & its problems for Masroor AirBase,Karachi - Playit.pk

Malir is now called Jinnah International Airport.

Chota Malir strip is no more in use and has been converted for housing purposes.

The land that has been acquired is at a new location...

So which is the new Airbase out there which PAF is building. But for Masroor its better to be given off to Boeing and Airbus to make it a assembly unit for one of their planes or any business get maker like Gulf stream or Bombardier.

They have the money! they will buy the land and residential units across the 7 K.m of Masroor which they might utilize for housing their own workers.

First of all Rafale deal is done so where is J 10

and russia has more importang partner than india which is china

If we get SU 35 and if india pressurise russia china will also put pressure on russia

And we know china whom russia give importance over india

And now india is friend of their enemy buying weapons from its enemy not supporting in UN for ukraine crisis made russia U turn on india

So ground realities has changed up side down plz open your eyes you are living in if im talking now

India tried to isolate pak but it has isolate itself now 3 big players are friends of pakistan

China is enemy of india
Russia is almost slipping from india
USA relation can take U turn any time it is their history

usa Using india to counter china once theg fail in it usa will have no importance for india

As miandad said india aik ball ki maar hai

Hi,

What if the first batch of J10B's are already here----then what----?

First of all Rafale deal is done so where is J 10

and russia has more importang partner than india which is china

If we get SU 35 and if india pressurise russia china will also put pressure on russia

And we know china whom russia give importance over india

And now india is friend of their enemy buying weapons from its enemy not supporting in UN for ukraine crisis made russia U turn on india

So ground realities has changed up side down plz open your eyes you are living in if im talking now

India tried to isolate pak but it has isolate itself now 3 big players are friends of pakistan

China is enemy of india
Russia is almost slipping from india
USA relation can take U turn any time it is their history

usa Using india to counter china once theg fail in it usa will have no importance for india

As miandad said india aik ball ki maar hai

- The rafale deal as per the last I heard was still in negotiations, the J-10B is as of now still a pending decision, MMRCA delays have given us quite the opportunity ... now its just a matter of what PAF wants to do ... does it want to wait for the 5th generation option or will it go right now with the J-10B --

-You make a good point about the conditions changing rapidly, sure India has started dealing with the US, has screwed the Russians out of the MMRCA, Pakistan on the other hand is making small baby step military deals with the Ruskies, while also engaging in some economic development etc. However lets not get so ahead of ourselves, India still is buying huge amounts of weaponry from Russia be it the Mig series upgrades or the Pak-FA deal etc. --

so my opinion would be -- that Russia, is neglecting India as of now ( dealings with pakistan etc.) however, it's not yet ready to divorce India yet ... however keeping an optimist view of the future, I do think that Russians in the near/mid future will lean on China/Pakistan more ... because of the fact that it will be their economic life line ..

Last edited:
Block I is capable of BVR somebody told me (recently retires PAF official) that block I is not capable to fire BVR and many other missiles only air to ground weapons used in operations. Block II will be equipped with BVR and after that all block I will be upgraded to block II standards.

So which is the new Airbase out there which PAF is building. But for Masroor its better to be given off to Boeing and Airbus to make it a assembly unit for one of their planes or any business get maker like Gulf stream or Bombardier.

They have the money! they will buy the land and residential units across the 7 K.m of Masroor which they might utilize for housing their own workers.

Lets keep the new airbase inquiries on the low for now. Its location and features better kept secret as long as possible. ;)

The picture says PAF base Masroor, which wouldn't be surprising considering C-802A was integrated to the platform. Just can't tell if the squadron will use Block-1s or 2s considering the latter has aerial refueling from the on set, or if squadrons will be mixed.

for the moment it is block I.

Lets keep the new airbase inquiries on the low for now. Its location and features better kept secret as long as possible. ;)

PAF has already tendered for some aspects of it so it is an open secret. I can give you the name if you want.

Is there already an image "out" showing one of the no. 2 Sqn.'s JF-17 with its tail markings ??

Is there already an image "out" showing one of the no. 2 Sqn.'s JF-17 with its tail markings ??

No Pic yet... :(

these kind of pics are available only....

gqFz6Is.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom