What's new

JF 17 is The Wrong Omnirole Aircraft For PAKISTAN

None of the Block-60's are coming any sooner, Please don't misrepresent. Instead, I will suggest you to enhance your basic knowledge at first and at least before posting any information coming out of no where or from your sole mind.

Well, I respect you but just wait and see. If you think what I am saying is just not credible because I am new here than you are wrong.

Well, I respect you but just wait and see. If you think what I am say
Ining is just not credible because I am new here than you are wrong.
F16s with AESA in the current geopolitical scene is going to be very difficult. Focus is shifting from Afghanistan towards the middle east and Ukraine. Even the CSF funds are unlikely after 2015.

Hi,

JF 17 is the wrong air craft for the armed forces of Pakistan. Even though it has been inducted with a great fanfare and extremely positive results---this aircraft is a little too small aircraft to do the job right when facing the likes of IAF.

On its own merit---the JF 17---for its size has one of the best overall packages available in the industry---air to air---air to ground and air to sea---.

So---in order to have balance in its air arm---Pakistan will have to purchase multiple other platforms.

We have the F16's and possibly no more F 16's----.

We need a medium strike aircraft---with the likes of a JH7B with aesa---this aircraft is like the tornado---. This aircraft can carry 8-10 anti ship missiles and still can defend itself with BVR missiles as well. In the Growler mode, this aircraft take the potency to fight back the enemy to a new level.

Pakistan also need an air superiority type aircraft----like the J 10B----or the J 11---and then on top of that---Pakistan will be looking forward to a stealth type plane like the J 31.

Pakistan military is missing the strike capability of a Tornado type of aircraft in its arsenal---and for that---PAF has failed to deliver.

The procurement of fighter aircraft needs to be taken away from the Pakistan air force---a 3 member team formed with the decision to buy that is needed.

Basically---PAF CANNOT be TRUSTED to buy the right type of equipment---. Like in the case of Saab aircraft----. Paf wanted all saab aircraft and Musharraf put a stop to it and got 4 or 5 chinese variants to have diversity and lines open in case of sanctions from Sweden.

Musharraf's decision proved to ve correct----the Chinese aircraft are as potent or better than the Swedish.

In a similar manner---Musharraf made the deal to buy 36 J 10's---. He knew in his heart and he knew from his experience that the JF 17 as good as it is in its class with all the paraphernalia---is not the answer to the needs of Pakistan.

Pakistan needed a bigger and a more potent aircraft-----.

Now Paf may have thought otherwise----but if you ook at the history of Paf since 1971----it is mostly of failures---bad decisions---lack of understanding the level of threat---at times total ignorance of issues at hand---at times not sharing the level of imminent threat to the national assets-----.

Which basically leads it be acting more like a person who is acting like someone with least concern rather than one who has the best interest of the Pakistan.

PAF has outdated aircraft - J-7, Mirage III, Mirage-5, Q-5. The JF-17 might be a good replacement for these aircraft. While the JF-17 might not be great they are better than nothing. It looks like a 3.5th generation combat aircraft. I see it as an answer to the likes of IAF Tejas, Jaguars, MiG-27s and MiG-21s. It remains to be seen whether it can handle the Rafales, Su-30 MKI, Mirage-2000 and MiG-29. The PAF fleet of F-16s are sanctions prone.

There are not a whole lot of choices available. The cost of combat aircraft has skyrocketed, This is true for both the IAF and PAF. The Rafale, Typhoon, F/A-18, Su-30, Su-35 are all expensive choices. FYI the IAF and PAF acquired top of the line combat aircraft at $20 million unit cost in the 1980s.

instead of 250 JF-17s, pakistan should get 36 j-10 and 100 jf -17.
just my 2 cents :)

i doubt the j-10s are available for export

Hi,

JF 17 is the wrong air craft for the armed forces of Pakistan. Even though it has been inducted with a great fanfare and extremely positive results---this aircraft is a little too small aircraft to do the job right when facing the likes of IAF.

On its own merit---the JF 17---for its size has one of the best overall packages available in the industry---air to air---air to ground and air to sea---.

So---in order to have balance in its air arm---Pakistan will have to purchase multiple other platforms.

We have the F16's and possibly no more F 16's----.

We need a medium strike aircraft---with the likes of a JH7B with aesa---this aircraft is like the tornado---. This aircraft can carry 8-10 anti ship missiles and still can defend itself with BVR missiles as well. In the Growler mode, this aircraft take the potency to fight back the enemy to a new level.

Pakistan also need an air superiority type aircraft----like the J 10B----or the J 11---and then on top of that---Pakistan will be looking forward to a stealth type plane like the J 31.

Pakistan military is missing the strike capability of a Tornado type of aircraft in its arsenal---and for that---PAF has failed to deliver.

The procurement of fighter aircraft needs to be taken away from the Pakistan air force---a 3 member team formed with the decision to buy that is needed.

Basically---PAF CANNOT be TRUSTED to buy the right type of equipment---. Like in the case of Saab aircraft----. Paf wanted all saab aircraft and Musharraf put a stop to it and got 4 or 5 chinese variants to have diversity and lines open in case of sanctions from Sweden.

Musharraf's decision proved to ve correct----the Chinese aircraft are as potent or better than the Swedish.

In a similar manner---Musharraf made the deal to buy 36 J 10's---. He knew in his heart and he knew from his experience that the JF 17 as good as it is in its class with all the paraphernalia---is not the answer to the needs of Pakistan.

Pakistan needed a bigger and a more potent aircraft-----.

Now Paf may have thought otherwise----but if you ook at the history of Paf since 1971----it is mostly of failures---bad decisions---lack of understanding the level of threat---at times total ignorance of issues at hand---at times not sharing the level of imminent threat to the national assets-----.

Which basically leads it be acting more like a person who is acting like someone with least concern rather than one who has the best interest of the Pakistan.

Sir we are only inducting jf-17s to replace our mirages and f-7s , The jets you are talking about will also be inducted in the future like J-10s and Su-35 ..

Sir we are only inducting jf-17s to replace our mirages and f-7s , The jets you are talking about will also be inducted in the future like J-10s and Su-35 ..

Sir,

I thank you very much for being a keen observant at such a young age.

Last edited:
Mastan Khan.
There is no argument to the paragraphs that I have highlighted. We are already in full agreement and the need for a couple of squadrons of twin engined planes is agreed universally across the board. The question is from where and how to create a financially viable model which makes the acquisition feasible. We need some commonality between engines and armaments to do this. This is why the SU35 does not make sense. The US is out and I need not elaborate the reasons for this. The Chinese have the j11/16 which is a viable option but no one seems to come out and say whether the Chinese will actually sell them to us. The engine will be different so will remain a problem. The J31 fits the bill perfectly.
Sir, is there a possiblity for us to see a jv between china and pakistan on MMRCA, on the lines of jft, as indigenisation of the arms has a positive effect on a whole lot of other industries.

Last edited:
Sir, is there a possiblity for us to see a jv between china and pakistan on MMRCA, on the lines of jft, as indigenisation of the arms has a positive effect on a whole lot of other industries.
Unlikely. The problem is that PAC is already over loaded with work. Designing a second platform will involve manpower which we cannot afford to place on this project. Another project of unknownviability and risk could set us back billions of dollars in development and therefore will not be entertained. Pakistan is already involved and aware of the developments in the chinese aviation industry as we have staff permanently placed there. We will probably jump on one of the projects whrn its viability is assured and the Chinese have committed to buying it. That is when the money pours in not otherwise. So we have to wait and see what transpires.
A

Unlikely. The problem is that PAC is already over loaded with work. Designing a second platform will involve manpower which we cannot afford to place on this project. Another project of unknownviability and risk could set us back billions of dollars in development and therefore will not be entertained. Pakistan is already involved and aware of the developments in the chinese aviation industry as we have staff permanently placed there. We will probably jump on one of the projects whrn its viability is assured and the Chinese have committed to buying it. That is when the money pours in not otherwise. So we have to wait and see what transpires.
A
And for some reason they have established a Design and Develoment Agency for future planes.

A
Ok thanx sir. Here is hoping that we get to hear some good news on this front in a few years time.

Back
Top Bottom