What's new

JF-17 Block 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think block 3 is enough or we will upgrade rest of old blocks to block -3A or super thunder . but then we need new fighter
Its all depend how many unit PAF sell to generate money for next generation fighter. Its all business and market demands.

It's written above the Pic.
Yes well i can read what's written, but since most of us haven't seen that documentary (nor any link given), I meant is there any more info?

I don't expect to see any blk4, certainly not soon. Maybe in 10 years time there will be a tech gap which could be filled by upgrading the JF-17's but after blk3, i expect our efforts to be focused on project azm.

I don't expect to see any blk4, certainly not soon. Maybe in 10 years time there will be a tech gap which could be filled by upgrading the JF-17's but after blk3, i expect our efforts to be focused on project azm.

Five blocks were planned for jf-17, one every five years during its 25-30 years of service.

Five blocks were planned for jf-17, one every five years during its 25-30 years of service.
You are probably right as to the initial planning regarding the JF-17's. But I feel that there may be some changes to it due to changing realities. Initially total 250 planes were planned including exports but that was due to certain limitations that were there regarding the engine. Total 500 were available as per the agreement between the russian and the chinese. Given that spares have to be kept and also accounting for possible replacement during an aircraft's lifetime etc. , more than 250 planes was not practical. Possibly also a big reason why PLAAF decided to follow a different route with replacement of old aircraft in its fleet.

Given that relations with russia have improved and might improve further, this limitation may not be a factor anymore and especially if the chinese engine becomes available.

And also the way PAF employs other aircraft, it seems logical that service period of JF-17's will far exceed 25-30 years and more like 50 years.

yes sir but we know nothing about blk-4 specifications currently or we do?o_O @Dazzler sir
No body will know what the specs of block 4 will be or even if there will be a block 4. The Ex ACM mentioned that the design will mature with block 3. Does it mean that there will be no further improvement potential in JFT. Which direction is the world moving in. Is stealth becoming the Norm or people are abandoning it to move on to hypersonic UCAVs. What is our main adversary doing? A lot of what we do is reactionary in any case. How good is block3 actually? If it exceeds expectations and project Azm now needs investment does one spend time on one project or the other? There are a lot of questions which need to be answered and need insight of developing events. This discusssion is therefore very premature. There are a lot of informational deficiencies in formulation of a plan and just wasting money is not a good idea if the design has reached its developmental potential and there are other and better designs to persue. I do think we will know what directions things are going to take in the next 2-3 yrs. Block enhancements may well continue but any major restructuring would depend on the deficiencies of Bl. 3 and the requirements of PAF post 2020.
A

Last edited:
A nice place for keeping wish list makers busy

Block 4 should have WS-10G engine with TVC and stealth coatings.
Brother, JF17 need to enlarge the fuselage a lot to house WS10G. It's almost redesign of the fighter jet.

A nice place for keeping wish list makers busy
Brother, Nothing wrong about dream, it will motivate you to achiever higher goal.

If someday JF17 face a bottleneck, AZM will come in.

Also can't excluded that possibility Russi will customize a TVC engine like KLIVIT for JF17 in the future, anything is possible.

I have a similar dream,
Squadrons of JF-17 block 3
Squadrons of J-11

3 squadrons of JF-17 block 3
2 squdrons of JF-17 block 4 dual engine similar to Japanese 5th gen.
Additional squadron of F-16 block60/70
3 Squadrons of J-11
3 squadrons of J-31/J-20/TAI-FX

Squadrons of J-31/J-20(latest)
Latest Missiles system from China (PRC)

Few points
Thunder was desgined with modular design in mind.
GEN 3 PLANES needed continues upgrade because of the new technology so many blocks
In Regards to that what block 60 bought to F16 Thunder will get almost every thing in Block 3

Every air frame has its own limitation,
What are the future needs
2 main things
1 stealth figher which is expensive , industry cant support this project itself will need material and tech guidance from China
2nd twin engine more payload , flight time etc

You cant do both with thunder
Thunder can be upgraded but to a limit
For 2nd engine you need to actually redesign the whole airframe
So best option is upgrade 1 and 2 to 3
Build dedicated units for different roles e.g E.W & ground , sea based
Build numbers and leave rest for project azm build a plane which looks after future needs

Pakistan must try to have 300 planes as than you can phase out f7 , f16s , mirages
With a much better advance , version
While leave 100 to 150 for twin engine or stealth platforms
So Pakistan will maintain 400 to 450 gen4+ birds which shouls be enough for next 3 to 4 decades unless some thing changes dramatically

We completely have to phaseout F-7s and Mirrage in next 5 years which means we will have to mass produce JF-17 block 3, 30 to 40 planes per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom