What's new

Japan's ranking as 3rd biggest economy at risk, Germany about to overtake

It's not my projection. It's IMF projection. If you don't believe IMF projection then we can use 2022 numbers, result will be same.

In 2022, India's GDP was $3.46 Trillion and Germany GDP was $4.07 Trillion. As you see, Germany GDP shunk by $200 billion from your 2021 numbers, while India's GDP rose by $300 billion, making a $500 billion difference within a year. Now happy?
Use your latest GDP growth in your Q4 2022 which is only 4.3 %

And better wait your Q1 2023 that will be released soon in May 31 where your Reserve Bank projection is at 5.1 %

Use your latest GDP growth in your Q4 2022 which is only 4.3 %

And better wait your Q1 2023 that will be released soon in May 31 where your Reserve Bank projection is at 5.1 %
Would you ask me to use the latest figure for Q2 CY23 numbers as well when the figures will be released on 31st August?

BTW, I am using annualized figures.

There is a slight misunderstanding here in understanding Germany's GDP of 2022. The value of Euro depreciated quite a lot and that makes it seem like they didn't grow much between 2019 to 2022. But the euro appreciated since then to almost at the same level as before ukrain war. After this years IMF's October figures are published, we will probably see much higher GDP for Germany even with the current recession.

Back
Top Bottom