What's new

Japan considers building its own fighter jets

Japan is planning to retire some of our F15Js , soon. Who knows, I'm sure we can "transfer" some of them to our friends in the Philippines or Vietnam.

;)

These aircrafts are over 30 years old, and the composite materials have already reached towards the end of its lifespan.

Do you wanna kill their pilots or what?

These are well maintained, and parts can be sold to any of our partners. F-15Js have never crashed on military / patrol duties. These are air superiority fighters that can change the balance of power in that region. These are far more capable than F-16s.

Given the nature of runways here in the Philippines, we would likely buy JAS 39 or even the AV-8B Harrier unless the F-15 can be modified into a STOL type. But isn't there some restriction about hardware-transfer since the F-15 is license built.

Given the alignment of the Philippines and her close strategic relationship to both Japan and the United States, there could be special exception. We are expected to start phasing out the 150 or so F-15Js of the Japan Air Self Defense Force, which will be replaced by the F-35A Fighters.

Given the light of the Philippine Air Force's limited amount of air fighters, and lack of Air Superiority Fighters, I think it would benefit the Philippines if we were to transfer a squadron or two of the F-15Js to the Philippine Air Force. I've looked at the Clarke Air Force Base -- I think that it would be a perfect area for F-15Js. I think back in the 1980s and in 1990, the US Military Base in Clarke fielded and housed F-14s, F-15s as well as F-16s, too.

Last edited:
These are well maintained, and parts can be sold to any of our partners. F-15Js have never crashed on military / patrol duties. These are air superiority fighters that can change the balance of power in that region. These are far more capable than F-16s.

Given the alignment of the Philippines and her close strategic relationship to both Japan and the United States, there could be special exception. We are expected to start phasing out the 150 or so F-15Js of the Japan Air Self Defense Force, which will be replaced by the F-35A Fighters.

Given the light of the Philippine Air Force's limited amount of air fighters, and lack of Air Superiority Fighters, I think it would benefit the Philippines if we were to transfer a squadron or two of the F-15Js to the Philippine Air Force. I've looked at the Clarke Air Force Base -- I think that it would be a perfect area for F-15Js. I think back in the 1980s and in 1990, the US Military Base in Clarke fielded and housed F-14s, F-15s as well as F-16s, too.

Yeah. Pinoys need heavy fighters so bad. But I have no idea that whether they need more exercises or not. We could help.

F-15J could compete well with Su27 or J11B.

Base on Vietnamese logic, how can japan build their own fighter jet if the engine is not built by them? Japan cannot build a 5th gen engine

:pop:

Base on Vietnamese logic, how can japan build their own fighter jet if the engine is not built by them? Japan cannot build a 5th gen engine

:pop:

Actually, it's not true to call "5th gen engine". It's true if you call engines for 5th gen fighter.
As I know, Japan could have the engines for their prototypes by make order to GE or Roll Royce.

Japan step into the wholly jet engine manufacturing quite late, but they have joint-developed experience with Western and USA.

Actually, it's not true to call "5th gen engine". It's true if you call engines for 5th gen fighter.
As I know, Japan could have the engines for their prototypes by make order to GE or Roll Royce.

Japan step into the wholly jet engine manufacturing quite late, but they have joint-developed experience with Western and USA.

Joint development, LOL. Than it aint' Japanese made fighter

:rofl:

@NiceGuy

Joint development, LOL. Than it aint' Japanese made fighter

:rofl:

@NiceGuy

Chinese companies made precised steel extrusion dies by imported high quality steel on the production of imported CNC, plasma cutting ... And they could easily provide the buyer Certificate of China origin. That's acceptable.

Have you ever heard about the ROO ?

Chinese companies made precised steel extrusion dies by imported high quality steel on the production of imported CNC, plasma cutting ... And they could easily provide the buyer Certificate of China origin. That's acceptable.

Have you ever heard about the ROO ?
Don't change the subject with Viet logic, LOL. Unfortunately for you, I know you people too well having lived there. :cheesy:

Don't change the subject with Viet logic, LOL. Unfortunately for you, I know you people too well having lived there. :cheesy:

As reply to your doubt about the origin,

ăn gic lo meh.

Tôi có nói sai điều gì không?

You mistranslate my post #20. Read again pls.
Even with imported engines, the prototype still a Japanese made.
It estimates that mass production mounted with domestic engines. We just don't know when.
Just like Chinese J20.

Last edited:

Well, Clark Airbase is perfect for the F-15s if the plan to turn the airbase as NAIA's replacement won't become a reality. While the people in the military would consider the F/A-18s aside from JAS 39, however, there is this issue about its operational cost, particularly on jet fuel...which could be solve if we find oil in Benham Rise.

These F-15Js will most probably be stored away as reserves rather than sold out/gifted to other countries.

Well, Clark Airbase is perfect for the F-15s if the plan to turn the airbase as NAIA's replacement won't become a reality. While the people in the military would consider the F/A-18s aside from JAS 39, however, there is this issue about its operational cost, particularly on jet fuel...which could be solve if we find oil in Benham Rise.

It was under my impression that the Philippine Air Force has been maintaining and using Clark Air Force Base for 710th Special Operations Wing. I think that it would be pertinent for the PAF to expand on this. Its actually a tactically placed location for further air units.

These F-15Js will most probably be stored away as reserves rather than sold out/gifted to other countries.

Most probably that the majority of these will be kept in reserve, but at over 150, I think we can afford to give 1-2 squadrons to the Philippines. The only issue that would remain would be the maintenance cost and their ability to shoulder it.

It was under my impression that the Philippine Air Force has been maintaining and using Clark Air Force Base for 710th Special Operations Wing. I think that it would be pertinent for the PAF to expand on this. Its actually a tactically placed location for further air units.

Most probably that the majority of these will be kept in reserve, but at over 150, I think we can afford to give 1-2 squadrons to the Philippines. The only issue that would remain would be the maintenance cost and their ability to shoulder it.

is there any possibility that Japan could extend the production life of F15J component and assemble in Vietnam? It could save cost to replace about 350 old aircrafts of VPAF

Back
Top Bottom