What's new

Janes: Pakistan signs for T129 attack helos

As an anti-tank / anti- armour solution against Indian proactive strategy (renamed Cold Start), number is still on the lower side. I think once this deal completed, more will be ordered from Turkey or from China. Current order of T-129 and Ah-1Zs is only good for replacing our existing fleet which needs modernization.

No matter what happens. We should go for 120 attack helicopters in total

To me minimum 150+ and Indians will think 4 times before doing any misadventure in the soft-belly border region.

Government electional manifiesto says we run TEİ TS1400 TurboShaft engine for the first time.

Ads_z.png

turbosaft_motor3.jpg

This engine will replace US made engines of Atak T-129. So in a few years US wil not a problem for you guys.

That makes no sense,when we are having some level of TOT for T-129.

Well it depends on the role for the ATAK and the level of TOT. Also the figures are quite high, the Z-10 could work out to be more economical at larger numbers.

Well it depends on the role for the ATAK and the level of TOT. Also the figures are quite high, the Z-10 could work out to be more economical at larger numbers.
Going for 5 different choppers makes no sense at all.
1- AH-1Z*
2- Mi-35_
3- T-129*
4- AH-1F_
5- Z-10?
That would be logastics nightmare.Though Mi-17 and Mi-35 have same engine,later having choice between ТVЗ-117VМА or VK-2500 engines. No idea which Engine PA has selected.

Going for 5 different choppers makes no sense at all.
1- AH-1Z*
2- Mi-35_
3- T-129*
4- AH-1F_
5- Z-10?
That would be logastics nightmare.Though Mi-17 and Mi-35 have same engine,later having choice between ТVЗ-117VМА or VK-2500 engines. No idea which Engine PA has selected.

You forgot fennec

That's not Attack helo,that's just an Armed Heli used for observation, reconnaissance, utility and direct fire support,it's role is much like US OH-58D.
It if needed can fire TOW Anti Tank Missiles so basically a good attack helicopter

It if needed can fire TOW Anti Tank Missiles so basically a good attack helicopter
It can be equipped with 4x TOW missiles but in that case it has to leave reconnaissance Pod.If it retains the Pod then just 2x Tow's.
By your logic every Heli can be armed.

As an anti-tank / anti- armour solution against Indian proactive strategy (renamed Cold Start), number is still on the lower side. I think once this deal completed, more will be ordered from Turkey or from China. Current order of T-129 and Ah-1Zs is only good for replacing our existing fleet which needs modernization.

To me minimum 150+ and Indians will think 4 times before doing any misadventure in the soft-belly border region.

Pakistan have adopted UK type strategy in terms of Helicopter use in Anti Armor role, the UK strategy is that they use some type of utility helicopter with ATGMs and other related weapons, same is done by Pakistan also one should remember that UCAVs will also have Anti Armor role in any future war with India.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom