What's new

Jahangir Tareen's new party to be named ‘Istehkam-e-Pakistan’

The new Kings party, why it wont get anywhere; Some commentators have been at pains trying to draw parallels between the new Kings party & the rise of PTI in late 2011. Thats a false comparison.

After the Oct 30th 2011 Minar-e-Pakistan power show by PTI, electables were jumping over each other to join PTI. A large portion of them were stuck in parties like PPP & PMLQ that had no vote bank, especially in Punjab. With PTI & Imran Khan's grass root support, combined with the electables own local networks, they saw a chance of getting past the finish line at the polls. None of them was threatened of dire consequences if they did not join PTI. Now, coming back to the essential point of why would the Istehkam-e-Pakistan party not take off or reach its desired objectives?

Kings parties do best in a sort of political vacuum when most other political parties or leaders are discredited or do not have traction at the grass roots level. It finds plenty of room for manoeuvre in that case. This is not that point in time. The cities and mohallas, the villages and small towns are brimming with support for Imran Khan right now.

He is at the zenith of his popularity. No political leader before him, with the exception of the country's founder, has ever enjoyed such deep & broad popular support. Imran Khan is the ultimate reality of Pakistan's politics today that cannot be wished away with hurriedly created loose groupings of people forced into inorganic political vessels.

Finally, a quick glance at the inaugural stage of the Kings party was enough to predict its political fortunes. Whether its a true election or a politically engineered attempt at selection, the lady and gentleman on the stage yesterday did not have a single secure electoral seat between them. This event was more of a psychological operation (PSYOP).

To convey to IK and the audiences in general that IK's closest have abandoned him..or forced to abandon him. Electables and voters; take notice. But its a script from an obsolete playbook. One that may have worked in a political vacuum or perhaps a largely agrarian and less informed Pakistan of Radio Pakistan era. The political ground has significantly moved since.

There is no void at the voters level. Even the electable's tiny own network has been upended by the Imran Khan phenomenon. The social media savvy youth demographic has now become the key determinant of Pakistan's politics.

The Kings party inauguration thus had the opposite effect as social media and commentators, like those writing for BBC, tore down the PSYOP and even analysed the worn down & duress ridden faces of the participants. Even the leading members of this new contraption must indeed see it not as their baptism but a political guillotine.

The future may be uncertain, but the reality of public support that Imran Khan today enjoys is more than certain. An alliance of 13 parties with at least some genuine vote banks failed to take him down. It can thus be said with a fair degree of certitude, that the 14th party, with no ground swell, will also fail.

This is no more a Pakistan for elite. In an elitist society or in an autocracy the decision for who will rule the country is made by the elite. In democracies, people decide who will make govt. JKT has links in the elitist circles. He had been using them to accumulate riches.

He had been using them even to become a stakeholder in the govt. This is what he is good at. But that era is gone for the good.

Now public support is a must.

Exactly. But the 'Youth' makes it sound like it's something new and exciting:

Why go far, here's what happened back in 2018:
Well, that makes it okay.

Army did to PMLN and PPP what it's doing to PTI now. It's nothing new. The 'King Maker' not only paved the way for Imran Khan, they laid out a red carpet for him, rose petals and everything!
Exactly, since it happened to PML-N and PPP, PTI should have just shut up and took it up the tailpipe too.

Yet Imran Khan's head was so far up in his keister that he started growling at the guy who gave him everything.
Yup. He should have been a good little boy for the rest of his time on Earth. Even after his benefactor joined with his arch-rivals and some from his own ranks to butt-**** him. That makes sense.

If that wasn't enough, he wanted to burn the entire country in a civil war, all in the name of a personal feud.
Silly Imran Khan. I wish I could have told him not to abduct, torture, threaten to rape families of, kill and otherwise alienate the followers of single largest and only federal political party of Pakistan.

But after his unhinged, egotistical rhetoric I think we are better off without him. And like I said, a single guy - no matter how powerful - can do squat about our corrupt to the core bureaucracy, judiciary, and politicians.
No one guy can do it all. Esp not someone elected by the collective wisdom of tens of millions of ill-informed voters victims of 5th Generation Warfare. No, sir. No one guy do it.

A group of people can. Esp a group of patriotic, well-meaning, like-minded people with Pakistan's best interest at heart. Call it a conference. Like a corps commanders conference, maybe?

@RescueRanger , how far off the mark, am I?

That makes sense.

Of course it does!

What's the alternative? Burn the entire country?!

Silly Imran Khan. I wish I could have told him not to abduct, torture, threaten to rape families of, kill and otherwise alienate the followers of single largest and only federal political party of Pakistan.

I can agree with alienation a.k.a software update.

But rape and kill?!

That's a bit excessive, don't you think? Unless you've some proof (which you don't).

Can't believe I'm saying this but... Twitter posts don't count as "proof."

No one guy can do it all. Esp not someone elected by the collective wisdom of tens of millions of ill-informed voters victims of 5th Generation Warfare. No, sir. No one guy do it.

I don't think you know how bureaucracy works, Bob.

I've had the displeasure of knowing some high-ranking bureaucrats on a personal level and... well, you don't want to hang out with those characters, believe me!

Of course it does!

What's the alternative? Burn the entire country?!
Umm. Elections? Constitution? Not torture civilians? Esp those who've been your staunchest supporters in thick and thin, against detractors domestic and foreign alike?

Take your pick.

I can agree with alienation a.k.a software update.

But rape and kill?!

That's a bit excessive, don't you think? Unless you've some proof (which you don't).

Can't believe I'm saying this but... Twitter posts don't count as "proof."
I said threatened to rape. But who knows.

Zille Shah, Arshad Sharif were killed. Please don't tell me IK had them killed. That sort of thing just shuts the conversation down.

Twitter isn't a monolith that wakes up everyday to make up a new thing to blame our saviours. Things do get blown out of proportion but there's almost always some truth behind it.

Similarly, a lot of things never see the light of day.

I don't think you know how bureaucracy works, Bob.

I've had the displeasure of knowing some high-ranking bureaucrats on a personal level and... well, you don't want to hang out with those characters, believe me!
I think you misunderstood me, Jake.

I never meant he can fix everything. I meant that it's people's damn prerogative to decide who gets to try. And if he can't. The people will get someone else.

Tell me, if this little experiment last year wasn't concocted, IK would have struggled to form even a coalition govt like before, come next election. Agreed or not?

Elections?

No one was denying him elections, he just had to wait a few months. More importantly, he didn't have to dissolve the assemblies. That was one stupid move.

I understand that you're... loyal to PTI, in a manner of speaking, but I think we can both agree on that.

Twitter isn't a monolith that wakes up everyday to make up a new thing to blame our saviours. Things do get blown out of proportion but there's almost always some truth behind it.

I respectfully disagree! I was crazy about Twitter in my teens (I'm 34 now), amassed 1.5k followers over the years, not that I'm bragging or anything. But eventually, sh!t got so toxic that I deleted my account about 6 or 7 years ago and moved on.

It was starting to affect my psychologically.

Twitter, my dear friend, is a cesspool. And Elon Musk running the show is just icing!

Tell me, if this little experiment last year wasn't concocted, IK would have struggled to form even a coalition govt like before, come next election. Agreed or not?

Yeah okay, I agree!

Touché, bubba.

I never meant he can fix everything. I meant that it's people's damn prerogative to decide who gets to try. And if he can't. The people will get someone else.

Frankly, I don't mind the deep state keeping these characters in line.

Besides, how many people blamed the army when Nawaz Sharif was whining and crying about: مجھے کیوں نکالا?

If anything, it became sort of a meme!

My point is, why get so angry when Imran Khan is whining about the same?! What goes around, comes around... for the better or worse!

My name is Fish.

Goldfish.

Honestly shame on Ali Zaidi.

He said keh PTI main do log hongay to it would be me and IK, and mere sar par goli mar do main nhn chooroon ga. Ok, you had to leave under pressure, but then you went with JKT.

Lakh di lanat. Never expected him to do this. As for Imran Ismail, never liked him.

Goes to show you cannot trust anyone in politics.
Why
All karachi has voted for JI.
He had to leave PTI as his constituency demanded it

Same in Kashmir recent/this week by election PPPP won the seat left empty by PTI chief minister

The assertion that the establishment has emerged victorious, resulting in the dismantling of PTI and IK, and the expectation of a return to normalcy, represents a profound misinterpretation of the current situation. Throughout our history, whenever the military undermined democratic processes, such actions were met with widespread support from the general populace. But now a remarkable departure from this pattern has taken place, as the current generation demonstrates an unprecedented skepticism towards the conventional narratives propagated by the military. They struggle to comprehend how a profoundly inept and deeply corrupt PDM, forcibly installed by the Army, can serve the best interests of Pakistan.

And an essential distinction, often overlooked by the boomers sitting in the GHQ, lies in the advent of social media. Unlike previous instances, the manipulation of public opinion is no longer a straightforward endeavor. The Army has unwittingly declared war against its own people, esp. the younger generation and overseas Pakistanis, it's a war in which victory is unattainable.
Does it matter?
Lastly you are wrong
It was unpopular even in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980 when ANP PPPP and Fatima Jinnah were forced out

But IK is different he was a total failure

We need people like Malik riaz and JTK aleeem Khan to develop Pakistan

Comparing Kings party to PTI is an exercise in futility. Imran Khan’s PTI is a natural political movement of the people of Pakistan who have rejected the systemic and violent corruption of the establishment. Kings party is irrelevant.

So you have done nothing but talk shit. Now just like your stupid PDM masters a simple question makes you run.
Stop wasting bandwidth. I knew you were a loser and losers only criticise doers. IK is a doer. Now get lost and go tend to your goats
مرچیں تیرے پچھواڑے میں لگی ہیں اور اثر بدھی تک گیا ہے اسی لیے اول فول بک رہا ہے۔ بیٹے زبان کو قابو کر۔

مرچیں تیرے پچھواڑے میں لگی ہیں اور اثر بدھی تک گیا ہے اسی لیے اول فول بک رہا ہے۔ بیٹے زبان کو قابو کر۔
Ahh spot the goat hearder who spends his days sucking nawaz shreef. If only your father knew what a condom was. Ja gandoo. Welcome to ignore. Lotay baap ka gandoo puttar

No one was denying him elections, he just had to wait a few months. More importantly, he didn't have to dissolve the assemblies. That was one stupid move.

I understand that you're... loyal to PTI, in a manner of speaking, but I think we can both agree on that.
We can debate the effectiveness of his decisions but what he did was a constitutional option. Once again, We can gauge it's effectiveness by seeing whether his approval rating went up or down. As the only accountability is the vote. (as long as you aren't committing a crime, which dissolving the assemblies isn't).

I respectfully disagree! I was crazy about Twitter in my teens (I'm 34 now), amassed 1.5k followers over the years, not that I'm bragging or anything. But eventually, sh!t got so toxic that I deleted my account about 6 or 7 years ago and moved on.

It was starting to affect my psychologically.

Twitter, my dear friend, is a cesspool. And Elon Musk running the show is just icing!
Be that as it may, we can't dismiss it completely. It's no different than this forum. It has it ugly side but then, those are real people with opinions and votes.
Yeah okay, I agree!

Touché, bubba.
:enjoy:

Frankly, I don't mind the deep state keeping these characters in line.
That's because you are making the fatal presumption that the deep state is fundamentally good and different in its nature and interests than said characters. Most of us here used to do the same, until we got a rude awakening.

Besides, how many people blamed the army when Nawaz Sharif was whining and crying about: مجھے کیوں نکالا?

If anything, it became sort of a meme!

My point is, why get so angry when Imran Khan is whining about the same?! What goes around, comes around... for the better or worse!
That I must disagree with because the logic is faulty. And you the correct answer is right there in your statement. People didn't blame the army for Nawaz sharif in 2017 the same way they didn't do it in 1999. He is an uncharismatic hack, who made an empire due to his particular mentorship and by having apnay banday in all section of govt at levels. He is also widely despised, not only by the likes of me, but people sucha s yourself too. A significant number of people were relieved to see him go, on both occassion.

IK doesn't have that issue. You can call it a cult, if you like. But the fact is repeating the script with IK, a popular leader, albeit down at that particular moment, proved to be a little less easy than with Nawaz sharif. What's different this time is the people felt their mandate and rights were shamelessly violated. And then the establishment doubled down, which is what did the most damage. In the first two months since his ouster, this were not nearly as bad. The direction of events became clearer during the crackdown in the days leading up to 25th May.

My name is Fish.

Goldfish.
Nice to meet you, Fish. I am Spiveyzai.

Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai

BTW, I thought Jake went well with Bob. :D
1686391707154.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom