What's new

J-XY - maybe J-35 - next generation carrier-borne fighter

"China’s Fujian air wing is slowly taking shape, possibly making it the first carrier worldwide capable of launching 5th-generation stealth fighters from its decks."

Bizarre claim to make. 5th generation F-35c's can currently operate from the two US supercarrier classes in service, and F-35b's can operate from the UKs QE class and the US America and Wasp class carriers as well as Japans Izumo class, the Italian carrier Guiseppe Garibaldi, and the Spanish carrier Juan Carlos 1. So I count 24 carriers in service worldwide that can currently operate the f-35 with more being commissioned soon such as the Prince of Wales and the John F Kennedy.

'Possibly making it the 27th carrier worldwide capable of launching 5th-generation stealth fighters' doesn't sound quite as good I suppose.

"China’s Fujian air wing is slowly taking shape, possibly making it the first carrier worldwide capable of launching 5th-generation stealth fighters from its decks."

Bizarre claim to make. 5th generation F-35c's can currently operate from the two US supercarrier classes in service, and F-35b's can operate from the UKs QE class and the US America and Wasp class carriers as well as Japans Izumo class, the Italian carrier Guiseppe Garibaldi, and the Spanish carrier Juan Carlos 1. So I count 24 carriers in service worldwide that can currently operate the f-35 with more being commissioned soon such as the Prince of Wales and the John F Kennedy.

'Possibly making it the 27th carrier worldwide capable of launching 5th-generation stealth fighters' doesn't sound quite as good I suppose.
Alternatively, they should've just said,

"possibly making it the first carrier worldwide capable of launching twin-engined 5th-generation stealth fighters from its decks."

atleast it would've been true, oh well! anyway who cares [unless you wish to partake in an unnecessary "DeCk-MeAsUrInG" contest. {hahahah notice I used deck as in deck of a carrier deck) instead of d*ck Hahahaha.....uhhh....ummmm...*cough**cough*...imma head out now 🏃‍♂️}]

fighter generation in China is not the same as US. In China, F35, F22, J20 are all considered fourth generation. It is possible that the author is referring to Chinese 6th generation project.

Finally a new image of a J-35 prototype (below) in an interesting comparison to the FC-31V2 demonstrator no. 31003 (top).

(Image via @angadow from Weibo)

FrWozvQXwAo36SQ
Any information on the estimated range of the updated design? Also, any information on its top speed?

With fixed intakes along with dsi top speed will be under Mach 2
J-20 with DSI intakes is said to exceed Mach 2; supposedly topping out at Mach 2.55. Not sure how accurate this is, but I have read in other places that despite the DSI, the J-20 exceeds Mach 2, and aiming to super cruise with the new WS-15 engines.

If the J-35 has a similar intake and can even reach close to that top speed, it could impart considerable energy to its missiles; extending their range.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/how-fast-china’s-j-20-fighter-jet-189915

J-20 with DSI intakes is said to exceed Mach 2; supposedly topping out at Mach 2.55. Not sure how accurate this is, but I have read in other places that despite the DSI, the J-20 exceeds Mach 2, and aiming to super cruise with the new WS-15 engines.

If the J-35 has a similar intake and can even reach close to that top speed, it could impart considerable energy to its missiles; extending their range.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/how-fast-china’s-j-20-fighter-jet-189915

J20 allegedly have movable dsi intakes with high thrust éngines

We currently don't know J35 uses movable dsi technology

fighter generation in China is not the same as US. In China, F35, F22, J20 are all considered fourth generation. It is possible that the author is referring to Chinese 6th generation project.

That’s not correct. Chinese designations are a generation behind, which means they should hav said ‘the first 4th generation fighter capable of operating from aircraft carriers.’ But even that would have been an erroneous statement.

It’s just a bad Chinese reporting. Nothing else.

That’s not correct. Chinese designations are a generation behind, which means they should hav said ‘the first 4th generation fighter capable of operating from aircraft carriers.’ But even that would have been an erroneous statement.

It’s just a bad Chinese reporting. Nothing else.

It wasn't reported by a Chinese:
80CB6B1E-AA20-4C13-9D52-100A94567A9F.jpeg

The latest video (August 2023) indicated at least one J-35 prototype was conducting test flights at SAC with the nose pitot tube removed, suggesting an AESA radar may have been fitted inside.
- Last Updated 8/25/23
J-35.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom