What's new

J-XY - maybe J-35 - next generation carrier-borne fighter

It has been 11 years since the first J31 flew. The progress has been very slow, China only has 3 prototypes. Not sure the real reason for the delay?

Slow? The PLA Navy only selected the J-35 two years ago and a prototype is already flying!

You are confusing the privately funded FC-31 by SAC that flew 13 years ago.

Very few countries has a stealth fighter project already on hand when the armed forces decided to get a second one.

Last edited:
005yPeUMgy1h1jowte278j30z50gedv2.jpg

Via @航空EXIA from Weibo

Prototype testing, but they are already training for carrier ops.
Painted ones.
Are they still in prototype testing stage, or set for mass production?

In fact I'm still sceptical ... I have seen the first such images showing two "whatever" in November/December and I cannot think that we've missed the maiden flight of two more prototypes + their transfer to the naval test & training base at Huaingdicun.

The Chinese aircraft carrier 003 is on trial in the second half of this year. J35 needs to speed up development to catch up with the trial time of the 003 aircraft carrier.

In fact I'm still sceptical ... I have seen the first such images showing two "whatever" in November/December and I cannot think that we've missed the maiden flight of two more prototypes + their transfer to the naval test & training base at Huaingdicun.

You'd be surprised. We don't have the flight footage video of the J-35 prototype either, but we know it has flown.

Back
Top Bottom