What's new

J-11D

Thanks ... but regarding the radar it seems at least to me a completely different design (externally) to the radar used on the J-16 ....

That could be a possibility, althought I can't think of a reason why a jet with the same platform (and numerous subsystems) as the J-16 would adopt a different radar.

171653dnbghbck1dgit5u7.jpg.thumb.jpg

friend,please think twice before you speak~
Rafale is defenitely one of the best fighters in this world.
J11D maybe improves a lot,but we dont have enough evidence to say it's better than Rafale.
Rafale is no match for J11D,I think it's the most powerful 4.5++ fighter in Asia.

Wikipedia says the WS-10G can produce 155 kn and has thrust vectoring. Is this true?

A more detailed look at its second-generation AESA radar reveals the following:
- It was developed by the 607th Institute
- The model is also seen aboard the J-16, and soon, the J-15B
- It features 1760 transmitting/receiving modules
- It can detect a target of 0.4 m2 at a range of 280 kilometers (or a 0.1 m2 target at 250 kilometers), which works out to a detection range of a 1 m2 target at 450 kilometers
View attachment 217633View attachment 217632 View attachment 217631 View attachment 217630
WOW thats an impressive radar.I hope it can engage a target of 0.01 at a range of no less than 100 km.

You guys make me proud:china:

Again me with an idea !

I can't help myself, but why do I still have that strange feeling that the new radome does not follow the external lines of the original one but has indeed a new shape ?? :what: It looks much more J-10B-sytlish than flankerish ???

J-11D radome.jpg

Also ... if the J-11D's radar is said be derived from the J-16's radar, then why are both said to be from different institutes ??

The [J-11D's] AESA radar was speculated to have been developed by the 14th Institute and was tested onboard a J-11B radar testbed in 2014.
http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.de/p/fighters-ii.html#J-11D

Compared to JH-7A, J-16 is expected to have a more powerful radar (AESA from 607 Institute), ...
http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.de/p/attack-aircraft.html

So, could it be that similar to the J-10B's radar there was originally a "contest" between both systems and the J-16 received one of them (607 Institute), while now the J-11D received the final J-10B's (or in fact J-10C's AESA from the 14th Institute). Since however that AESA was not ready in time, the first block of J-10B serials also received a PESA-type developed from the 607 Institute). This however could also be a hint that the J-16 in fact also "only" has a PESA and this could also explain its protracted development, since similar to the J-10B its main avionics is not ready.

If that theory will be correct, I don't know, but it will be interesting to see, if the next J-16s will also feature the J-11Ds canted radome ...

Just two cents,
Deino

Again me with an idea !

I can't help myself, but why do I still have that strange feeling that the new radome does not follow the external lines of the original one but has indeed a new shape ?? :what: It looks much more J-10B-sytlish than flankerish ???

View attachment 217926

Also ... if the J-11D's radar is said be derived from the J-16's radar, then why are both said to be from different institutes ??

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.de/p/fighters-ii.html#J-11D

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.de/p/attack-aircraft.html

So, could it be that similar to the J-10B's radar there was originally a "contest" between both systems and the J-16 received one of them (607 Institute), while now the J-11D received the final J-10B's (or in fact J-10C's AESA from the 14th Institute). Since however that AESA was not ready in time, the first block of J-10B serials also received a PESA-type developed from the 607 Institute). This however could also be a hint that the J-16 in fact also "only" has a PESA and this could also explain its protracted development, since similar to the J-10B its main avionics is not ready.

If that theory will be correct, I don't know, but it will be interesting to see, if the next J-16s will also feature the J-11Ds canted radome ...

Just two cents,
Deino
Why do you think it's PESA?

Why do you think it's PESA?

I don't think it's a PESA, I only question, why a system used on the J-11D build by factory A should be derived from a system used on the J-16, that is build by factory B.

Deino

SOURCE: SPUTNIK

CD1kGvSW0AAUsPZ.jpg

China’s high-end J-11D fighter aircraft, a copy of the Russian Sukhoi Su-27 jet, has made a maiden flight, local media reported Thursday.Photos uploaded to the Internet on Wednesday show the latest modification of China’s domestically-constructed J-11B aircraft, initially designed as a copy of the Soviet-made Su-27, the Sina.com news portal said.

Unlike its predecessor, the J-11D model reportedly has phased-array radar and an air refueling system, and carries PL-10 air-to-air missiles.

The aircraft is produced by the Shenyang Aircraft Corporation. China purchased the Su-27 manufacturing license from Russia in the 1990s and has been building new versions using domestic parts.

J11D maybe improves a lot,but we dont have enough evidence to say it's better than Rafale.
Sure it is

Sure it is

Are You sure ??? I don't want to downplay the J-11D - IMO it is the final nail on the coffin to burry the often rumoured Su-35-deal - however all we know for sure is that it has a few nice changes in comparison to the J-11B and that it has just entered flight testing.

As such it is just a single prototype, that has entered flight testing while in contrast the Rafale is a multirole type already in service since years and combat proven !

Again - and I hope that I don't get killed for this - I beg all here to calm down our enthusiasm and come back to reality.

Deino

Are You sure ??? I don't want to downplay the J-11D - IMO it is the final nail on the coffin to burry the often rumoured Su-35-deal - however all we know for sure is that it has a few nice changes in comparison to the J-11B and that it has just entered flight testing.

As such it is just a single prototype, that has entered flight testing while in contrast the Rafale is a multirole type already in service since years and combat proven !

Again - and I hope that I don't get killed for this - I beg all here to calm down our enthusiasm and come back to reality.

Deino

Some site telling it is equal to Su-35 is it true ?

Some site telling it is equal to Su-35 is it true ?

The problem is if You look all over the net You will find nearly everything but the problem is what from this all is fact, what's fiction, what's a reasonable assumption and what is maybe simply a fan-boy's dream and wishful thinking.

IMO even if there's a lot of information from different sources that now give quite a clearer image ... we still do not enough to be sure. That is especially in regard to the radar and even more to the engine (other than the fact that it is a WS-10-version).

Deino

Comparing the very small Rafale to a Flanker is a pointless apples to oranges comparison.

zf9KMHT.jpg

The better question you should be asking is why is India paying $200 million per Rafale with no tech transfer:rofl:?

Back
Top Bottom