What's new

J-10B Enters Service in PLAAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It irks me seeing 90% of newer generation Chinese fighter powered by IMPORTED (not even license-built) Russian engines. Makes me want to shoot the entire WS-10 R&D team.

First steps first, buddy.

Initial batches will be powered by Russian engines.

However, don't forget that China has the WS-10A/B/G engines in testing as well as the WS-12/B, WS-13, and WS-15 in evaluation.

Wow. I assume with the arrival of the J10B it is the new top dog of the PLAAF? Or does the MKK still hold superiority?

MKK never hold superiority.

J-11B is much better.

J-10A is still better than J-11B

J-10B is now the top dog in A2A

It irks me seeing 90% of newer generation Chinese fighter powered by IMPORTED (not even license-built) Russian engines. Makes me want to shoot the entire WS-10 R&D team.

Patient my friend, people always forgot China is a new player in engine design, Europe and USA have more than 60 years in jet engine design experience. We have to crawl before we learned to walk, and then proceed to running and sprint.

MKK never hold superiority.

J-11B is much better.

J-10A is still better than J-11B

J-10B is now the top dog in A2A

J-10A may be more versatile than the J-11B, but it is not superior in terms of performance.

J-11B is a 4.5-generation fighter with an RCS of under 3 m^2 and very high maneuverability. J-11B also can carry more weapons, has IRST, and is slated for AESA radar.

J-10A has none of those things

J-11BS is a bomber I think, just like the F-15E is a bomber. Air superiority planes usually don't need 2 seats, the 2 seaters are because for bombers there needs to be 1 pilot and 1 weapons manager.

J-11BS is a trainer. Apparently J-16 is gonna be the Su-30mkk equivalent. This makes me want to burn down the SAC.

J-11BS is a trainer. Apparently J-16 is gonna be the Su-30mkk equivalent. This makes me want to burn down the SAC.

I have pictures of SAC J-11B mockups that disprove your theory.

J-16, according to Huitong, will be an upgraded Su-30MKK variant, more like the F-15K Slam Eagle, but with better avionics. The stealth version has been renamed to J-17 or J-19, according to him.

However, I am highly skeptical of his post because it goes against all logic (why not incorporate A2G capability in the J-11BS). And he got it from a single forum post in CJDBY.

What I personally think and read is that the J-11BS is a fighter trainer and a fighter bomber. The J-16 is the stealth version.

It is also possible that the J-16 is a fighter bomber and a stealth version rolled into one.

[video]http://military.cntv.cn/program/jskj/20110306/100031.shtml[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom