What's new

J-10 might not needed as they don't add anything to PAF's capability

well I doubt that J-10 any version can Match up to EFT or Rafale ..
We simply don't know. Chinese military is very secretive about its cutting edge capabilities. The Europeans are generally straight forward, whereas the Americans will boast like a car salesman. So, there can be little truth found about such matters on the internet.

@Zibago

You should first compare J10 and F 16

You will find that they are nearly EQUAL in terms of capabilities

That is why PAF prefers F 16 -- because of its capabilities

And IF F 16 is NOT available ; then only J 10 can fill the gap

But so far F 16 was available and the INTEGRATION of new F 16 is very easy for PAF
They can be put into use immediately

But in case of J 10 ;even after induction
the J 10 will require a lengthy integration and operationalising process

That will take time ; but may be it is the only option left

Ive moved these posts from other threads as I am seeing this way of thinking a lot by the JFT enthusiasts -- I love jft too, I even started several threads on it but lets face it, its a light fighter

In the end the reality , , Thank you Sir for your eye opening post. And I Love JF17 Too:smitten:

J-10 is something that is related to our F-16 integration. If we get the F-16 to their required numbers than forget J-10 but if this F-16 deal of 8 aircraft goes down, then there are high chances for J-10 to be integrated and also in good numbers
How many more years You or Us or PAF need to bring numbers of F16 on required level,
come on man,,,:o::o::o:

We simply don't know. Chinese military is very secretive about its cutting edge capabilities. The Europeans are generally straight forward, whereas the Americans will boast like a car salesman. So, there can be little truth found about such matters on the internet.

Still , by many neutral sources one can easily get the Idea that After Raptor , Rafale and EFT are there to have a fighting chance ..
J-10 can be put against Gripen , F-16 , F-15/18 (maybe)

We badly need heavies, may it be SU-35 or FC-20 etc. FC-31 is taking too long to come online and as per reports right now PLAAF is basically interested more in FC-20. In short, come what may but heavies are more than needed now esp in back drop of CPEC and increase in Pakistan's sea bed territory by 50,000 sq Kms taking total too 290,000 sq Kms.

Man where is FC31 , when and how many we will have them, J10 was not rejected because of FC31 , Its because of our Love for F16 and some Foolish hoops from JF17,

Do you seriously believe it will be ok to have 250 odd JF17 and only 150 (Max) J31 with 100 old F16 is enough for IAF or If I say defensive force .
My brother if war happen in 2025 IAF's SU30(with SU35 upgrade kit) will be more then enough for whole PAF . it will be like 500 Su 30(as IAF plains) vs 495 or 500 PAF's(250JF17 , 125 J31 and 120 F16) whole fleet.
But if you go for J10 we can easily adopt this bird in 5years Max, and 200s of them will surly help us to counter IAF's numbers , J10s are not 3rd grad birds , With Pakistani Upgrades they will be as good as F16V.
thank you

chacha g, my apologies, the numbers you have mentioned for PAF by 2025 is what the best we can hope for. And in my opinion an extra-ordinary good thing to occur so I have to ask you why do you think it will be a bad.

First please let me how 500 Su 30s will actually be able to handle 150 J-31.

Why are Jf 17 not good fighters, is there issues with performance in dog fights such bad roll onset rates, low pitch rates, low G handling by air frames, too low combat range or loiter times. Or the issue you think is with its avionics and its in-ability in AA or AG operational modes.

There is already a huge number's gap
There is already a technological gap.
Then is payload capacity gap
Then combat radius gap

Now your are going to weight for fc31. What if it isn't ready even in 2020 ?

Man where is FC31 , when and how many we will have them, J10 was not rejected because of FC31 , Its because of our Love for F16 and some Foolish hoops from JF17,

Do you seriously believe it will be ok to have 250 odd JF17 and only 150 (Max) J31 with 100 old F16 is enough for IAF or If I say defensive force .
My brother if war happen in 2025 IAF's SU30(with SU35 upgrade kit) will be more then enough for whole PAF . it will be like 500 Su 30(as IAF plains) vs 495 or 500 PAF's(250JF17 , 125 J31 and 120 F16) whole fleet.
But if you go for J10 we can easily adopt this bird in 5years Max, and 200s of them will surly help us to counter IAF's numbers , J10s are not 3rd grad birds , With Pakistani Upgrades they will be as good as F16V.
thank you
India is 8 times bigger than Pakistan IAF can have 1500 combat jets it doesnot matter . Pakistan PAF is interested in state of art advance stealth jet around 500 to 600 its enough for PAF . On the other hand Pakistan can work on developing advance cruise missile or hypersonic missile or maybe SAM . Remember Pakistan is a deter-ant power . Pakistan cannot overwhelm India

J-10 has better radar & more thrust engine than JF-17. Its surface ceiling, max g load, max takeoff weight and speed is more than JF-17.

The only problems in J-10 (A to C) seems to have its shorter ferry range (than JF-17) and its engine. However J-10D with CFTs and reliable engine will have more ferry range and will be much attractive for PAF.

The only problems in J-10 (A to C) seems to have its shorter ferry range (than JF-17) .
Were the conditions under which the ferry ranges were calculated, the same for both j10 and jft?

@Manticore

Request to delete the thread-----the thread starter has posted no article of his own or his own assesment.

No effort at all.
He is not the OP-
As I mentioned, that I moved two posts of this particular pov. So that we may address this point that ''j10 adds no more capability to paf as we have jft blk5''

I didnt want to derail those 2 threads

Were the conditions under which the ferry ranges were calculated, the same for both j10 and jft?

He is not the OP-
As I mentioned, that I moved two posts of this particular pov. So that we may address this point that ''j10 adds no more capability to paf as we have jft blk5''

He is not the OP-
Ferry range means the maximum range the aircraft can fly. This usually means maximum fuel load, optionally with extra fuel tanks and minimum equipment.

We are not looking for j10 in the long run fc 31 is our main goal which we will induct by 2020 at best so going for a different platform when jf17 is evolving would be costly decision we will have too many platforms by 2020

Jf 17 will be our light fighter,f16 our mid range and fc 31 will be our top dog if you another one in the mix you end up adding extra cost for maintainence,over hauling and what not of a platform we may not buy in the future

and what will you do before 2020, will you say india that wait till 2020, when we will get J 31 then we will fight. And who tells you that J 10 does not bring anything new, do u have aesa radar capability? your answer will be we will have it when JF17 block 3 arrives. And what we will do till the time block 3 is not available? And who told you that 2020 is the date you get FC 31. If PAC can be made to roll out 24 JF 17s in a year, it wont be an issue to have overhaul facilities for J 10 with chinese help. Problem is that some top brass PAF dumb people want to move in circles for their own reasons with commissions one of them.

Last edited:
India is 8 times bigger than Pakistan IAF can have 1500 combat jets it doesnot matter . Pakistan PAF is interested in state of art advance stealth jet around 500 to 600 its enough for PAF . On the other hand Pakistan can work on developing advance cruise missile or hypersonic missile or maybe SAM . Remember Pakistan is a deter-ant power . Pakistan cannot overwhelm India
Sorry sir , I don't agree with you on numbers , I never said we have to match a plain by plain or bird with bird , I just say and I want 2:3 ratio like 1500 IAF vs1075 or 1000 PAF , having only 500 or 600 wont work unless we have 150 F22 . 150 j20 , 150 Rafale and 150 F35 those are the new Gen Advance birds and WE ALL KNOW THAT WILL NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN,
So I am very right on saying that we need advance large lags JF17 minmum150 J10 minimum 150 and normal JF17 Block3 minimum 150 TOTAL 450 just to cover numbers Gap and having advance tech and Next level Gen in PAF.
We do need missiles but they not "the only solution " We must need to have conventional tools of WAR ,
We have to make sure our Air Force don't fall too short on numbers just like our Navy ,
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom