What's new

J-10 might not needed as they don't add anything to PAF's capability

We are not looking for j10 in the long run fc 31 is our main goal which we will induct by 2020 at best so going for a different platform when jf17 is evolving would be costly decision we will have too many platforms by 2020

Jf 17 will be our light fighter,f16 our mid range and fc 31 will be our top dog if you another one in the mix you end up adding extra cost for maintainence,over hauling and what not of a platform we may not buy in the future

Jf 17 will be our light fighter,f16 our mid range and fc 31 will be our top dog if you another one in the mix you end up adding extra cost for maintainence,over hauling and what not of a platform we may not buy in the future
Which one of these three has the payload of a rafale or su30? Assuming the fc31's payload with weapons bay to be slightly less than a mig29.

Our fleet should have around a 50-100 aesa equipped fighter bombers [multirole mid/heavies] so that they can fight their way in enemy teritorry both in terms of avionics and loitre time.

J20 hits 2 birds with 1 stone i.e stealth and payload otherwise a setup for 100 j10c should be developed

Its sheer stupidity when members say that jf17 can provide the same range/firepower/loitre time as j10 thus negating the need of j10. The tankers will be blown very early in the war

Members who say that j10 gives no added capability--- WTF--- Increasing the quantity of longer range fighter bombers DOES give you increased capability and operational choices. Moreover j10 has more space for avionics and fuel.

Going to a new platform is no easy task we will have to setup an entire infrastructure for that and from what i remember j10 was rejected for future fc 31 deal
Man where is FC31 , when and how many we will have them, J10 was not rejected because of FC31 , Its because of our Love for F16 and some Foolish hoops from JF17,

Do you seriously believe it will be ok to have 250 odd JF17 and only 150 (Max) J31 with 100 old F16 is enough for IAF or If I say defensive force .
My brother if war happen in 2025 IAF's SU30(with SU35 upgrade kit) will be more then enough for whole PAF . it will be like 500 Su 30(as IAF plains) vs 495 or 500 PAF's(250JF17 , 125 J31 and 120 F16) whole fleet.
But if you go for J10 we can easily adopt this bird in 5years Max, and 200s of them will surly help us to counter IAF's numbers , J10s are not 3rd grad birds , With Pakistani Upgrades they will be as good as F16V.
thank you

Ive moved these posts from other threads as I am seeing this way of thinking a lot by the JFT enthusiasts -- I love jft too, I even started several threads on it but lets face it, its a light fighter

I didnt want to derail those 2 threads

PAF has burnt all the boats by starting JF 17 program . A lot of money has been spent on infrastructure and training of pilots for JF 17 . Instead of starting JF 17 Program , PAF should have procured J 10 . Now , the only option left is to invest in JF 17 and make it a true 4th Gen Fighter .

PAF has burnt all the boats by starting JF 17 program . A lot of money has been spent on infrastructure and training of pilots for JF 17 . Instead of starting JF 17 Program , PAF should have procured J 10 . Now , the only option left is to invest in JF 17 and make it a true 4th Gen Fighter .

But if you go for J10 we can easily adopt this bird in 5years Max, and 200s of them will surly help us to counter IAF's numbers , J10s are not 3rd grad birds , With Pakistani Upgrades they will be as good as F16V.

J-10 is something that is related to our F-16 integration. If we get the F-16 to their required numbers than forget J-10 but if this F-16 deal of 8 aircraft goes down, then there are high chances for J-10 to be integrated and also in good numbers

Ive moved these posts from other threads as I am seeing this way of thinking a lot by the JFT enthusiasts -- I love jft too, I even started several threads on it but lets face it, its a light fighter

Where J-10B/C stand in terms of Capability compared to F-16 block 52's ? can you describe in simple words ?

Going to a new platform is no easy task we will have to setup an entire infrastructure for that and from what i remember j10 was rejected for future fc 31 deal
Have we become lazy too and finances given as reason. I think we have developed a comfort zone called F16

Which one of these three has the payload of a rafale or su30? Assuming the fc31's payload with weapons bay to be slightly less than a mig29.

Our fleet should have around a 50-100 aesa equipped fighter bombers [multirole mid/heavies] so that they can fight their way in enemy teritorry both in terms of avionics and loitre time.

J20 hits 2 birds with 1 stone i.e stealth and payload otherwise a setup for 100 j10c should be developed

Its sheer stupidity when members say that jf17 can provide the same range/firepower/loitre time as j10 thus negating the need of j10. The tankers will be blown very early in the war

Members who say that j10 gives no added capability--- WTF--- Increasing the quantity of longer range fighter bombers DOES give you increased capability and operational choices. Moreover j10 has more space for avionics and fuel.

At least someone on this forum saying sensible thing j10b equipped with arsa radar more range payload ew suit aredynamic and uses the same wepon package as jf17 j10 will always be ahead of jf17 jf17 block 3=j 10b block4=j10 c

Where J-10B/C stand in terms of Capability compared to F-16 block 52's ? can you describe in simple words ?

Equipped with aesa can be used for sead and ashw operations and off bore missiles f16 cant do any of these its just obsession with fan boys and kick back for paf top brass

Buy this logic we should keep operating f7 mirage and f16 till the end of times uncle

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom