What's new

J-10 Airshow

Nice pics and great work Mr. Haider. Keep it up.

Chinese Fighter J-10 The 2nd Official Vid

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall the aerodynamic design of J-10 seems advanced as is evident from wing-fuselage blending, flare of nose-fuselage like that of Flanker, new air intake design and advanced wing design.

However, if someone can post the performance figures of J-10, only then we shall be able to compare it with F-15 and Su-27 Flanker.

Now it remains to integrated weapons systems to J-10, install a capable multi-mode radar and EW system. Ideally, J-10 should be able to be mated with either US, French or Russian weapon systems.

Even if J-10 is mated with Russian weapon systems, it can prove to be a formidable air superiority fighter. If the internal fuel capacity is good enough, then for homeland air defence missions, J-10 would not need to carry fuel tanks. Only air-to-air load for better flight performance.

This capability is important for catching up with fleeing intruders.

here is the efficient air intake design of Mig-29

"To permit operation from rough fields, each main intake had a door that closed whenever the main landing gear was in touch with the ground to prevent "foreign object damage (FOD)" from engine ingestion of stones and the like. When the doors were shut, the engines obtained airflow from spring-loaded louvers on top of the wingroots. The transition between the louvers and the front intakes was said to be smooth and almost unnoticeable. There was a container between the engine exhausts that stored a cruciform drag parachute."

The Mikoyan MiG-29 "Fulcrum"

If J-10 can also be made capable of operating from rough fields, it would enable PAF to continue operations even if the runways are disabled.

In the attached picture, we can see air intake (grill) on the upper wing surface behind the gun port and over the wing LERX (Leading Edge Root Extension).

Attachments

• avmig29_1.jpg
    avmig29_1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 29
Great pic's and videos! i also like this L 15 !!

:lol:

4 j10 vs 4 f16. Seems all f16 are gone and only 1 j10 lost... And the f16 guys speak Chinese... :lol:

What did you expect, it was made by the Chinese fanatics. Anyways, the result doesn't bother me much, I just enjoy the video, quite nice.

Why?, did the result get you excited? :)

Back
Top Bottom