What's new

Its Official: JXX is going to test fly in the next few days

yeah, the pic is PSed. but why all pics and other sources (remember the new MFD) can be linked back to the first one. and if you ask me, this certainly can be count as a upgraded or modified J10. furthermore, this plane may not have a powerful engine or radar too, at least for now. therefore, it could still be classfied as 4G fighter either.

It'll first fly with russian engines, the deal is already there. TG won't give up the rest of the jet's development just because its engine technology needs more time to catch up, it's the same thing all over again as the J-10 -- fly on Russian engine first, then put in chinese engine a few years later when ready.

Still, until we see the real pics on the internet then all of this is just speculations.

This is more than speculation; it's BS. China will always introduce its counterparts after India buys something, not before. Just as how the J-10 were inducted 1 year after SU-30MKI entered service, if past trends continue, the J-10B will be made public in 2014-2015, when the MMRCA starts. And the J-XX will "go Xinhua" whenever India decides to carry out the PAK FA purchase. So I'd say at least 3 years until maiden flight.

Furthermore, it's not that the Chinese government doesn't want to gloat, but that it can't. The last time they did with their missiles in 1995, American carrier battle groups came rushing into the Taiwan Strait. Who knows what will happen if they showed off their 5th gen or anything that is superior to Taiwan's F-16C/D? Now, if India introduces something, it'd give the PLAAF an excuse to introduce its "Taiwan liberation" means. It's all a matter of timing. The intelligence agencies know when and what will enter service, and for what purpose. It's simply done this way, so as to not allow the media too much space to elaborate on. In other words, for China, it's not a matter of when the plane enters service, it's about when Xinhua/CCTV publicizes it.

Last edited:
The last time they did with their missiles in 1995, American carriers came rushing into the Taiwan Strait. Who knows what will happen if they showed off their 5th gen or anything that is superior to Taiwan's F-16C/D? Now, if India introduces something, it'd

China does not fear American aircraft carriers anymore. If it did, it would not have demonstrated its satellite killer missile, announced its anti-carrier BM capability or aggressively brought down a USAF surveillance aircraft and held its crew captive for several days.

That is one huge plane mate!!!!
what the size comparision to F-22 and Pak-FA ???
any1 ?

Sorry I am not allowed to disclose when Mother China will publicly disclose JXX.

港媒称解放军四代机即将完成研制
2010年04月27日 13:25:52  来源:环球时报

xin_55204072713261402047335.jpg

网友制作的中国四代机想象图。

近期有港媒称,中国第四代战机即将完成研制,“会先行进行内部小范围试飞”,目前,空军正在加紧相关驾驶员的训练。

《香港商报》网站4月14日刊发题为“第四代战机快研成 可媲美F-22 军方早已训练机师”的文章,文中提到,中国第四代战机很快就要揭开神秘面纱,消息人士透露,经过多年的研制,“目前已进入收成阶段,中国会先行进行内部小范围试飞”。

港媒称,为配合新代战机,中国早已密锣紧鼓地加紧对新战机机师的训练。其中包括拥有以歼-10表演队著名的空24师,“主要是针对不同性能的一些常规性训练习”。

港媒引用一位军官的话报道说,“我绝对相信我们国家航空工业的实力,会为我们研制出更出色的战机!”至于当前是否具备实力对付F-22,这位军官用“兵来将挡水来土掩”回答。

文章还提到,早在去年底,中国空军副司令何为荣就透露,第四代战机即将进行首飞,之后马上进入试飞阶段,根据现有情况,在8到10年后即可装备部队。

《香港商报》还提到,消息人士指出,第四代战机较第三代技术优势呈现出前所未有的代差,可媲美美制F-22,具备隐形、超音速巡航、超机动性、短距起飞等特性。此机一出,将大大提升中国空军实力,拉近和欧美国家的距离。

:china:

01.jpg

Translation of this article

China produced four generations of users machine Imaginative.

Recent Hong Kong media that China will soon complete the development of fourth-generation fighters, "will first conduct an internal small-scale test," Currently, the Air Force is stepping up the relevant driver training.

"Hong Kong Commercial Daily" Web site published on April 14, entitled "Research into the fourth generation of fighters may soon rival F-22 military pilots already trained," the article, the paper said, China's fourth-generation fighters will soon be exposed open mystery, sources said, after years of development, "has entered the harvest stage, China will first conduct an internal small-scale flight test."

Hong Kong media said, to meet the new generation of fighters, the Chinese already underway to intensify the training of new fighter pilots. J -10, including demonstration team has to empty 24 well-known teacher, "mainly for the performance of a number of different training routine practice."

Hong Kong media quoted a military officer as saying, "I absolutely believe that our national aviation industry's strength, will we develop a more excellent fighter!" For the current ability to meet the strength to deal with F-22, the officer of "soldiers to the breakwater to soil cover, "answered.

The article also mentioned that as early as late last year, how proud the Chinese air force deputy commander said the upcoming fourth-generation fighter first flight, followed immediately into the test phase, according to the existing situation, in the 8 to 10 years can the troops.

"Hong Kong Commercial Daily" also referred to sources, the fourth-generation fighters advantage over third-generation technology presents an unprecedented generation gap is comparable to the US-made F-22, with stealth, supersonic cruise, super maneuverability, short take-off and other characteristics. This machine came out, will greatly enhance China's air power, to narrow the distance between America and Europe.

:pakistan::china:

I think Hongkong media should focus on entertainment news, which they are good at.

港媒不可信,他们的水平仍然停留在娱乐八卦的层面上。

hong kong news is unreliable, their skill is still at the level of tabloids and gossip.

I don't think Hong Kong's media is reliable, but I do believe PLAAF is on the track to introduce J-XX soon. The maiden flight should be expected before 2012.

And pretty confident that we will have our indigenous turbofan engines. No way that Russians would share its newest engine technology with China, meanwhile they don't have it in their inventory yet.

Last edited:
I'm yet to see one real picture of this plane.

But all the PSed designs seem to match a similar trend. There might be something in that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Test pilots for J-XX? Anyways congratulations to all Chinese and eventually Pakistanis for creating this thread. Hopefully the plane will materialize on/before the stated time line else there will be no difference b/w running things in India and China. Or is it possible that China is already flying this plane and will wait to reveal it till 1 yr after India inducts PAK-FA as some1 suggested?

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Test pilots for J-XX? Anyways congratulations to all Chinese and eventually Pakistanis for creating this thread. Hopefully the plane will materialize on/before the stated time line else there will be no difference b/w running things in India and China. Or is it possible that China is already flying this plane and will wait to reveal it till 1 yr after India inducts PAK-FA as some1 suggested?

PAK FA will FOC around 2015. Export processes to India will take another year. FOC for India will take another. So, I'd think the J-XX would be introduced around 2018 just as the Chinese general suggested.

And no, the maiden flight won't take place before 2013.

PAK FA will FOC around 2015. Export processes to India will take another year. FOC for India will take another. So, I'd think the J-XX would be introduced around 2018 just as the Chinese general suggested.

And no, the maiden flight won't take place before 2013.

The only way India can have a stealth fighter before 2020 is to buy the F-35. But to do that, India must realign its foreign policy to that of the west.

Back
Top Bottom