What's new

It's GE F-414 for LCA Mk-II; EJ-200 loses the race in photo finish

I feel Rafale will win the MRCA. We badly need EU help for kaveri, if they are going to help im sure we will be flying Rafale with Indian flag.

It's utter nonsense to believe we are going to select Gripen or super hornet because of GE414, what aircraft we are using for GE404.

images

Come home baby..!!!! we love yaaa..

Last edited by a moderator:
we dont demand aid and put our head under the knife for that aid.so it is true that india is not iran or iraq.

and u have doubrts that iran is better than pakistan today??

the only thing is u offered ur self and u.s making use of it.

First of all India also getting AID u want to know do some research. Secondly if you dont have any idea why we are getting mone yfrom US dont post bullshits.. We are providing Supply route and so called Front ally of US thats why we getting money. Isreal is also getting most top huge AID from US by the way. Secondly your childish statement that we dont demand aid. Wait for few years US will tel you who is demanding Aid and who is demanding what. And about India is not iran or Iraq. After see your lots of post on this forum. I must say you even dont capable to comment on any strategic nor political topics.

Hope you understand :)

Now a Hitler video would hit you tube , damming the fact that GE F-414 won and EJ-200 lost

Pakistan also said something "We are not Iran and Iraq" in 1980z

LOL @ your statment kid

ye tu waqt batayega lol

We dont depend on USA for our finances or 100% of our defence equipments. Thats where India is different in this context from Pakistan.

In 80's USA was your only lifeline. In 2010, the countries of the world are lining up to do business with India. USA is only one of them... Though a very big one of them ;)

Now its very much F18 v\s Rafale ........ and lot of will be depend on IN navy preference hope our armed forces get the best deal.....

even i am not much concerned with EPE or not , my main concern is if they deliver engine by 2014 then when it will get integrated with LCA.:what:

may be they send some seperate engine of prototype earlierly :undecided:

Also if it is not EPE then why they will take 4 years to deliver the first engine ....

It was reported that we already are working on two prototypes, one that could be fitted with GE 414, one with EJ 200. I think the 20 engines in 2014 are for the first LCA MK2 squadron, but integration and changes will be done way earlier.

I guessed that later, however the only part that is confusing here is.

1. Is the decision political?
2. Or it is cost driven.
3. Third if any of the above two decisions or both of them were behind the engine choice, where is IAF's Pov. May be the second option suits IAF the most. However Dr Prahalada has said that they have choosen this engine coz IAF wanted a higher thurst engine with better power.

I guess it is cost driven, although I wonder how much the airframe changes will cost. What Dr Prahalada meant was not related to the EJ 200 engine, but to the older GE 404 and Kaveri engine that was possible for LCA MK1.

I agree with you and even I am disspointed, however I have a thought.
As you can see for LCA2 it was only 99 engine and I dont actually think at this point of time that Eurojet could have given us TOT like they said they will for only 99 engines. Now collectivly with MRCA 126 jets and engines for additional 100 engines could have given us a better hand to bargain and a better deal for them to part the tech with us for Kaveri developement. Now even if they win MRCA they will still not be very comfortable with giving full TOT as its only for 126 fighters. where in this contract the engine itself could have grown to 200 coz LCA is for bulk production.

Not only 99, but also 49 optional and of course the same ammount of engines that will be added in later upgrades. Also they offered 3D TVC if we want and fund it and besides that it would be a great addition for an LCA withouth canards, ToT of it would have been an advantage for Kaveri engine too (the aim for AMCA is a Kaveri engine with TVC and SC features). Don't forget that a EJ 200 productionline in India would also reduce the costs for the EF member countries, so that deal even without winning MMRCA would have been very good for them.

So lets say. Rafale, Gripen and F-18. these are the runners. A lot depends on the US president and french president visit now.

The key here is if Kaveri gets benifited by Snecma then Rafale will beat the F-18 to win MRCA. Coz we still doubt how much of ToT US will give for this engine and other planes and their engines.

from a business POV.

I also think that the ammount of participation on Rafale will be the key here. No doubt that the US will offer better political and offset advantages, but if we could integrate a Kaveri-Snecma engine into a min of 126 Rafales (152 engines) and possibly could be a partner it would be a big point for us and also for reduce costs. But the French are too focused on Brazil and UAE at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom