What's new

it is time we apologised to the ethnic Chinese in India

^^This warrants an apology.

Considering that TOI is largely a jingoistic newspaper that rarely publishes anything that is critical of Indian foreign policy, i find it unlikely that it would be false.

Are we going by this editoral or any thing else besides this ?

If this piece of information is true then one should not hesitate to say sorry, But this a sad fact that whenever nations do engage in any sort of confrontation the first casualty are People of origin of that country , so if it had happened at that time then it was mainly due to emotions running high.
So Lets not fight with each other and if someone commits mistake then one should not feel shame in apologizing.

This is amazing and a very distressing news to me. I have stayed in Calcutta for nearly 20 years and never knew about this chain of events.

I am in complete agreement with the the article that at least the ethnic Chinese community deserves an apology from us.

On the other hand when in Calcutta you cannot miss the fabulous Chinese food at Tangra. Must visit for all visitors to Calcutta oops Kolkata.

Thank you very much for your demonstration of human conscience!

As a matter of fact, GOI is very good at fooling Indian ordinary people. Do most of you aware of what is happening in Mamipur, towards Mongoloid looking people?

8f5d1d7e3f0581be238b3c280121fc88.jpg

^^This warrants an apology.

Considering that TOI is largely a jingoistic newspaper that rarely publishes anything that is critical of Indian foreign policy, i find it unlikely that it would be false.

:) So you will believe a newspaper you find - jingoistic when it suits your views (primarily critical of all things Indian) but you will disbelieve it otherwise.

Hypocritical....

"By 1981, Tangra's population had shrunk to 10,500. Now it has dwindled to 3,000 and is still falling."

Any body can tell why the democratic GOI's action/reaction on this?

Is it standard ethnic cleansing?

Standard Ethnic Cleansing ? <--- YES IT IS !!!

This is amazing and a very distressing news to me. I have stayed in Calcutta for nearly 20 years and never knew about this chain of events.

See what democracy is all about ? Freedom of information ?

I am in complete agreement with the the article that at least the ethnic Chinese community deserves an apology from us.

I am sure you earned all the respect from Chinese members here.

On the other hand when in Calcutta you cannot miss the fabulous Chinese food at Tangra. Must visit for all visitors to Calcutta oops Kolkata.

Yeah...India keep changing her names....from Calcutta to Kolkata....Bombay to Mumbai. And what is the new name for the airport "DUM DUM" airport in Calcutta ?

Last edited:
The airport's name from inaguration i think ,has been NETAJI SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE international airport,dumbo.

"By 1981, Tangra's population had shrunk to 10,500. Now it has dwindled to 3,000 and is still falling."

Any body can tell why the democratic GOI's action/reaction on this?

Is it standard ethnic cleansing?
I have never heard of this thing at all! If true, very bad and we have to apologize.

yep, i had no idea. i've just met one ethnic chinese indian to date. i didn't know there was an ethnic chinese community in india.

yep, i had no idea. i've just met one ethnic chinese indian to date. i didn't know there was an ethnic chinese community in india.
Same here dude, I never knew there were any ethnic chinese in India at all. This is surprising.

I have never heard of this either.

The past is in the past, we should worry more about the future.

If everyone apologised for everything bad that has happened in their country, it will take forever and no one will move forward.

There were a lot of ethnic chinese kids in my middle school in Mumbai.....Considered themselves Indians....and what was amazing was that they spoke Hindi and Marathi fluently....
In fact one of the girls in my batch was quite "popular"....

They seemed to live life quite unabated....but cant speak for Kolkatta....

Anyways....I like the Chinese...Indian or otherwise....I see a lot of similarities in attitudes between the Indian and Chinese....esp ert to the fact that they are as family oriented as Indians.....

Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai was an apt term according to me.....sad how times change.....

There were a lot of ethnic chinese kids in my middle school in Mumbai.....Considered themselves Indians....and what was amazing was that they spoke Hindi and Marathi fluently....
In fact one of the girls in my batch was quite "popular"....

They seemed to live life quite unabated....but cant speak for Kolkatta....

Anyways....I like the Chinese...Indian or otherwise....I see a lot of similarities in attitudes between the Indian and Chinese....esp ert to the fact that they are as family oriented as Indians.....

I'm actually interested in learning how to speak Hindi or Urdu. I think they are beautiful languages. :tup:

I think it is very important for the future, that the people of Asia learn to cooperate with each other and respect each other. :cheers:

I'm actually interested in learning how to speak Hindi or Urdu. I think they are beautiful languages. :tup:

I think it is very important for the future, that the people of Asia learn to cooperate with each other and respect each other. :cheers:

Excellent thought....

I think people to people contact.....cultural connections and trade is right direction in mending broken links....

If we could live side by side for the past 5000 years without warring with each other, I dont see why we cant overcome 48 years of troubled relations.....

We need more of the below.....

How do you plan to go about learning the language buddy?....

You can start with the curses....thats how I venture into any new lingo....LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom