What's new

It is confirmed Sri Lanka Air Force to buy JF-17s

Wont that affect your military relations with United states, Pakistan does receive lion's share through Foreign Military Assistance, Excess Defense Articles and Coalition Support Fund. Would pakistani brass be willing to sacrifice AIM 9x, AIM sidewinders, Spares for Blk52's, Cobra upgrades, arty hardware, ground radars, naval equipment etc. for selling a few aircraft's to Iran.

very true
but you are touching on the very small aspect of the expected reaction. the real loss will be much bigger and deeper

Iran is totally off limits when it comes to military sales or anything civilian / commercial that has duel purpose. we tend to forget that our foreign exports mainly consist of Europe and America we just cant afford to loose that and whats more our Arab brothers would hate it even more.

I am a little bit aware of the law in this matter, not only that PAC will get black listed from direct interaction with western companies but even the intermediaries will also stop trading with us.

until the unthinkable happens and the Iranian regime changes its stance and comes out of the time bubble of the late 70s. Iran is a no go area for any country that is dependent on the west be it exports, technology, training, military etc. I think apart from China or Russia India is the only country that can show the finger to the rest of the world when it comes to looking after its own interests but then again, the opportunity cost is too high if it goes for Iran because America is much better choice for now.

very true
but you are touching on the very small aspect of the expected reaction. the real loss will be much bigger and deeper

Iran is totally off limits when it comes to military sales or anything civilian / commercial that has duel purpose. we tend to forget that our foreign exports mainly consist of Europe and America we just cant afford to loose that and whats more our Arab brothers would hate it even more.

I am a little bit aware of the law in this matter, not only that PAC will get black listed from direct interaction with western companies but even the intermediaries will also stop trading with us.

until the unthinkable happens and the Iranian regime changes its stance and comes out of the time bubble of the late 70s. Iran is a no go area for any country that is dependent on the west be it exports, technology, training, military etc. I think apart from China or Russia India is the only country that can show the finger to the rest of the world when it comes to looking after its own interests but then again, the opportunity cost is too high if it goes for Iran because America is much better choice for now.
First. Hope you are in good health and good spirits, and it's very good to hear from you. Second, completely agree to your post, but it seems India especially under current government is starting to compromise in it's own interest as it has strived to do so in it's past.

it seems India especially under current government is starting to compromise in it's own interest as it has strived to do so in it's past.

if your reference is Indian relations with the West specially America then I guess India is doing what Pakistan is doing, not to piss off uncle Sam but India has a better position. by the way as long as India has political leaders like Jaswant Singh, rest assured it will always deal at level fields.

coming back to the topic, I am sure this purchase is not against any other country 6 aircrafts are not going to do much any way but will be more than enough to keep the militancy under check and limited maritime patrol? who knows

Sri Lanka wants to keep something cost effective which is beyond the Mig 21 derevatives and offers features of 4th generation fighters at a very reasonable price

if your reference is Indian relations with the West specially America then I guess India is doing what Pakistan is doing, not to piss off uncle Sam but India has a better position. by the way as long as India has political leaders like Jaswant Singh, rest assured it will always deal at level fields.

coming back to the topic, I am sure this purchase is not against any other country 6 aircrafts are not going to do much any way but will be more than enough to keep the militancy under check and limited maritime patrol? who knows

Sri Lanka wants to keep something cost effective which is beyond the Mig 21 derevatives and offers features of 4th generation fighters at a very reasonable price

Wrt sl, i dont think anyone has any objection, my post was wrt iran

Jaswant Singh Saab, Jaitley, swaraj and co are not in power. The congress govt seems to be giving way too much to western/US impressions. Congress leadership is a big let down!

I think IRAN would be interested in JF-17 only and they can surely place an order for 100-200 planes but US will going to stop that like in the Russian case of Sukhois and MiGs....

it's good news for iaf..now we have better chance to sneak in it to jf17.

In your dreams only...
PAF will make sure that Indians will never get access to FC-1. FC-1 anatomy exposed to IAF would be the worst nightmare PAF can hope for. Selling just 6 aircraft to make money (without covering chances of FC-1 exposure to IAF) is definitely not the plan of PAF.

In your dreams only...
PAF will make sure that Indians will never get access to FC-1. FC-1 anatomy exposed to IAF would be the worst nightmare PAF can hope for. Selling just 6 aircraft to make money (without covering chances of FC-1 exposure to IAF) is definitely not the plan of PAF.

yes they will do necessary things but the vulnerability increases several folds once it is sold to a third party who is not that concerned to keep it's secrecy.let's forget secrect arrangements or spy works from India which we will never know, can you rule out a possibility of joint combat exercise between iaf and srilankan air force in the future.. ?

yes they will do necessary things but the vulnerability increases several folds once it is sold to a third party who is not that concerned to keep it's secrecy.let's forget secrect arrangements or spy works from India which we will never know, can you rule out a possibility of joint combat exercise between iaf and srilankan air force in the future.. ?

Ok, let me put this in a different way.
Pakistan helped Srilanka a lot in counter-insurgency ops against Tamil tigers. The details of that 'help' was never made public, but I can tell you from small arms to tank shells, training for ground troops and air force pilots and lots of other modernization work for their F-7s, Pakistan directly helped them.

Sri Lankans know how much they owe us. Now, today if they are procuring few weapon systems like FC-1, they know how much trust and friendship will be at stake if they don't obey Pakistan's terms and conditions on use of these aircraft. If they want to participate in a joint exercise with India, they can take their J-7/J-7E in that, but not FC-1. Futhermore, PAF and China will be sending their military trainers to SriLanka, which will ensure that such systems remain strictly for SLAF's use only.

Ok, let me put this in a different way.
Pakistan helped Srilanka a lot in counter-insurgency ops against Tamil tigers. The details of that 'help' was never made public, but I can tell you from small arms to tank shells, training for ground troops and air force pilots and lots of other modernization work for their F-7s, Pakistan directly helped them.

Sri Lankans know how much they owe us. Now, today if they are procuring few weapon systems like FC-1, they know how much trust and friendship will be at stake if they don't obey Pakistan's terms and conditions on use of these aircraft. If they want to participate in a joint exercise with India, they can take their J-7/J-7E in that, but not FC-1. Futhermore, PAF and China will be sending their military trainers to SriLanka, which will ensure that such systems remain strictly for SLAF's use only.

I heard from a source that several PAF's F-7 and A-5 pilots have been transferred to SLAF for countering Tamil Tigers. And they were pretty successful.

I heard from a source that several PAF's F-7 and A-5 pilots have been transferred to SLAF for countering Tamil Tigers. And they were pretty successful.

Why? to fight those modified Cessnas? Dont you think it is ovderkill?

Back
Top Bottom