What's new

Israeli medium-power radar to be commissioned in Gujarat this week

There is no joint venture. They are two different radars. IAF categorize radars like High Power Radar (HPR), Medium Power Radar (MPR), Low Level Transportable Radar (LLTR) etc. I hope tomorrow all doubts will be cleared.

Hey man,can you please tell me how the douts are gonna be cleared by tommorow?
THANX in advance....

@kinetic.. there is no use in getting frustrated with me.. If DRDO developed it is a good achievement.. But Israelis are known for these kind of technologies was my argument.. so i will wait till tomorrow.. something will get cleared after that...

There is no frustration with you but just hearing by my post that the radar is 4D, you started to have doubt that this is not a DRDO radar 'for sure' but might be Israeli. For your convenience I was talking about the DRDO MPR, I do not know which is Isareli MPR in the following post. I do not know if the Israeli radar is 4D or not.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ir-force-news-discussions-92.html#post1806060

Yeah,,, better we wait till tomorrow.

Well said bro.

IAF ordered 15 Israeli MPR and 8 DRDO MPR. Lets see which one is this.

Hey man,can you provide any link please?By the way,why the less order for LRDE systems when they are of same category?:butcher:

Hey man,can you please tell me how the douts are gonna be cleared by tommorow?
THANX in advance....

Because by looking at the radar i might be able to tell if this is Israeli or not, as we have not seen the DRDO MPR. :D

Well said bro.

IAF ordered 15 Israeli MPR and 8 DRDO MPR. Lets see which one is this.

can you provide me a link?

BTW indian journalist (specially defense related ) should should be a member on pdf or another professional DFs to improve their skills while reporting strategic news.:tup:

Hey man,can you provide any link please?By the way,why the less order for LRDE systems when they are of same category?:butcher:

Less order because not high pace manufacturing capability of indian companies but there is Israel. :agree:

BTW my view:D:happy:

can you provide me a link?

BTW indian journalist (specially defense related ) should should be a member on pdf or another professional DFs to improve their skills while reporting strategic news.:tup:

There is no more reliable and up-to-date source than this.... you will find some more info....

Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence Report - May 2010

"Insofar as air Defence radars are concerned, it may be added that IAF is maintaining 12 High Power Radars. In case of Medium Power Radars, a contract has been signed with M/s ELTA Israel in October 2007 for 15 MPRs whose delivery would commence from August 2010 onwards. In addition, eight radars are being developed by DRDO. Further, a contract for the procurement of 19 Low Level Transportable Radars was signed on 29 July 2009 and a further 18 are to be manufactured indigenously by M/s BEL. A contract was also signed with M/s BEL for 30 additional ROHINI radars on 15 July 2009."

12 HPR
15 Elta MPR
8 DRDO MPR
37 LLTR
30 additional Rohini

There is no more reliable and up-to-date source than this.... you will find some more info....

"Insofar as air Defence radars are concerned, it may be added that IAF is maintaining 12 High Power Radars. In case of Medium Power Radars, a contract has been signed with M/s ELTA Israel in October 2007 for 15 MPRs whose delivery would commence from August 2010 onwards. In addition, eight radars are being developed by DRDO. Further, a contract for the procurement of 19 Low Level Transportable Radars was signed on 29 July 2009 and a further 18 are to be manufactured indigenously by M/s BEL. A contract was also signed with M/s BEL for 30 additional ROHINI radars on 15 July 2009."

12 HPR
15 Elta MPR
8 DRDO MPR
37 LLTR
30 additional Rohini

Many many THANX bro.Nothing can be more reliable.

Less we talk about them is better. Other than 3/4, there is no defence journo who actually know about defence. Sometimes the media put embarrassing staffs as well like 'nuclear capable' Akash, Nag missile test news with Agni-II pic in it etc. lol

:wave:

@ Kinetic THE HPR they are talking about is LRTR or any other RADAR???

12 HPR
15 Elta MPR
8 DRDO MPR
37 LLTR
30 additional Rohini

What High Power Radars? :cheesy:

the only conclution is that BRF has more knowladgeable posters..
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2914&start=360
and the most reliable too..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom