What's new

Israeli medium-power radar to be commissioned in Gujarat this week

DRDO also putting a AESA radar of same range on DRDO-AWACS...

No it's not same range.The DRDO AWACS has a tracking range of 194 nauts or about 370km against a 2 sqm target.
By the way most probably this a mistake because the MPR is solely a DRDO product.
REGARDS....

DRDO MPR is to be AESA but this radar looks like mechanical one so it is not drdo MPR according to me

images

Dude this is not the radar for sure. The Israeli radar is AESA as well.

What a broth! Israel, DRDO, Russia! Confusion confounded, what? :what: Multiple systems, multiple frequency management, multiple maintenance schedules, multiple spare parts requirements. Coordination must be a nightmare!

And then it's all very well to pick up targets by ground based radars and AWACS. But what next? Have sufficient SR/LR missiles/air defence assets been deployed and coordinated to provide an impregnable defence from opposing missiles/aircraft? Imagine Israeli radars picking up enemy aircraft/missiles, transmitting the info to Indian DRDO command/control systems and firing off Russian missiles!! Darn! This is getting confusing! :hitwall:

Unless, of course, if it is the Israeli “SPYDER” Mobile Air Defense System that it had procured last year.

LAND_SAM_SPYDER_MR-SR_CONOPS_Comparison_lg.jpg

Cheers!

DRDO MPR is to be AESA but this radar looks like mechanical one so it is not drdo MPR according to me

You are right bro,this does not look like an AESA atal.But why would IAF induct a MESA radar whe LRDE has substancial infrastructure for high power ground AESA like the Sword fish with 800 km max tracking range for a cricket ball sized target?
It just does not make sence.:rofl:

Yeah ... i dont deny.. all AESA are not 4D... for sure this is an Israeli one...
Strange perception! I do not know where did you hear that the Israeli radar is 4D but let us wait first before becoming so sure.

Lets wait till tomorrow.. it will be clear... if it is Indigenous i am the first one to be happy... but idrw is always reliable...

Idrw is not a source but it is a blog type site which copy paste from news reports. The original source is this...

Israeli medium-power radar to be commissioned in Gujarat this week - The Times of India

Is this radar a joint venture between india & israel or there are two different radars developed by DRDO & Israelis separately..
so much confusion !!!!!:what:

Is this radar a joint venture between india & israel or there are two different radars developed by DRDO & Israelis separately..

There is no joint venture. They are two different radars. IAF categorize radars like High Power Radar (HPR), Medium Power Radar (MPR), Low Level Transportable Radar (LLTR) etc. I hope tomorrow all doubts will be cleared.

there is no india-israel JV on any type of AESA radar ever reported..

Nope.The MPR was solely a LRDE project and not a joint venture.By the way LRDE now don't need any jv atall.

@kinetic.. there is no use in getting frustrated with me.. If DRDO developed it is a good achievement.. But Israelis are known for these kind of technologies was my argument.. so i will wait till tomorrow.. something will get cleared after that...

Back
Top Bottom