What's new

Israeli drones

Elbit Systems Introduces Seagull: A New Multi-Mission USV

Drawing on world class know-how derived from generations of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) design, development and operation and its naval capabilities, Elbit Systems’ newest offering in the unmanned platform field is Seagull – an organic, modular, highly autonomous, multi-mission Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) system.

Seagull is a 12-meter USV with replaceable mission modules, with two vessels capable of being operated and controlled in concert using a single Mission Control System (MCS), from manned ships or from the shore.

The system provides unmanned end-to-end mine hunting operation taking the man out of the mine field. It provides mission planning, and on-line operation in known and unknown areas, including area survey, search, detection, classification, identification, neutralization and verification. It is equipped to search the entire water volume and operate underwater vehicles to identify and neutralize mines.

Seagull changes the dynamics of anti-submarine operations by creating a threat to submarines using a cost-effective and available asset, replacing and augmenting manned assets with minimal threat from submarines. It empowers a surface vessel or naval base commander with off-board, available and rapidly deployable Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) capabilities to protect critical sea areas and high-value assets from submarine as well as sea mine threats.

Incorporating Elbit Systems’ extensive experience in UAS, Seagull features a robust, highly-autonomous and safe sailing capability as well as modular mission payload suites, selected to match a variety of required missions including EW, surface force protection, hydrographical missions in addition to the core MCM and ASW missions. The sailing suite includes a patented Autonomous Navigation System (ANS), with obstacle avoidance, which considers the international regulations for preventing collisions at sea.

Network ready and long enduring, Seagull features inherent C4I capabilities for enhanced situation awareness and can remain at sea for over 96 hours. The Seagull multi-mission USV system offers navies a true force-multiplier in reducing risk, cost and manpower requirements in performing missions which have only been performed to date by costly manned assets.

- See more at: Elbit Systems Introduces Seagull: A New Multi-Mission USV - i-HLS Israel Homeland Security
@500 @mike2000 is back @Blue Marlin @PARIKRAMA @Adir-M
the hermes 900 is my favourite israeli drone
Hermes900-2012(638x253).jpg

Israel is a world leader when it comes to drones(and several other scientific/technological field,) , all this jusst for a ssmall country of barely 8million people.Other middle eastern countries should learn from Israel instead of fighting stupid/dumb religious wars. Lol

BIG RESPECT TO ISRAEL':cheers:

ROTEM L
overview
  • actical loitering munition. Based on light Multi-Rotor Platform
  • Autonomous flight. Acquiring & engaging targets with Man In The Loop (MITL)
  • Lethal precision strike on stationary & maneuvering targets.
performance parameters
  • EO/IR real time HD video
  • Endurance - 30-45 Min
  • Range -1500m (Typical), 10Km (Maximal)
  • Warhead - 1 Kg
main advantages
  • Simple operation by single operator
  • Excellent capabilities dealing with low signature enemy in urban & complex environment
  • Lightweight & compact weapon
  • Tactical echelon operation designed.

GREEN DRAGON
overview
  • "Green Dragon" is a Tactical loitering missile/munition with a high quality day / night electro-optic seeker
  • It searches, detects and attacks accurately "over the hill" (Non line of sight) static or mobile targets
  • Canister launched from transportable launchers
performance parameters
  • Endurance - 1.5 Hr
  • Range - 40 Km
  • Weight - 15 Kg
  • Warhead - 3 Kg
  • CEP < 1m
main advantages
  • Effective and versatile weapon
  • Silent, powered by electrical motor
  • Multiple abort & Reattack capabilities
  • Endurance - persistent presence over targets. Fast reaction to threats.
  • LM in canister during storage, transportation and launch
  • Man In The Loop (MITL), collateral damage avoidance and battle damage assessment (BDA)
41666.jpg

Green-Dragon-725.jpg

http://www.iai.co.il/

why costly i dont think cost is the problem hoe much can it cost? its more know ledge what isreal need is radar that detect stralth uav or plane
the rumores i think is 4 years ago from 2012 and it was top secret project
beacause i didnt hear nothing from then

Israel Navy Readies for Third-Generation USV
TEL AVIV – The Israel Navy is planning to deploy a new generation of unmanned surface vessels (USVs) based on a US-built combat craft and remote-control technologies and subsystems developed by state-owned Rafael, a naval officer said Wednesday.

Built around a twin-engine combat vessel by Oregon Iron Works and funded with annual US military assistance, the new fleet of four USVs constitutes Israel’s third generation of autonomous surface ships.

Once deployed by the middle of next year, they will complement manned surface ships in multiple missions, including defense of Israel’s economic waters, anti-mine and anti-submarine warfare, the officer said.

A prototype of the advanced USV – known here as Shomer Hayam, or Protector – is undergoing operational testing at the Israel Navy base in Ashdod. Three more USVs are under contract via the US Navy’s International Program Office and are scheduled to arrive year by year’s end.

“We have one that is currently in use in Ashdod, and we are contracted for three more. Once they arrive, my guys will upgrade them to make them more robust so that if they take a hit (from machine guns or anti-tank missiles) they’ll be able to come home,” said the senior officer on the Navy headquarters staff responsible for development, conversion and upgrades.

According to the officer, state-owned Rafael will outfit the US-built vessels with an advanced remote-control module that interfaces with all of the Protector’s subsystems, including an automatic weapon station for unmanned engagements.

In a statement to Defense News, Rafael said its control system “provides remote operators with the ability to plan, prioritize and execute naval missions by day and night, under adverse weather conditions, without exposure to risk.”

Rear Adm. Yossi Ashkenazi, head of the Israel Navy Materiel Command, said the service was “deep inside the technology” of unmanned surface vessels. He noted that the new platforms on order were “very hydrodynamic” and that Rafael was working hand in hand with the service to incorporate “multiple operational and technical lessons learned” from earlier generations.

In the July 27 interview, the Navy officer, who reports to Ashkenazi, said the third-generation, twin-engine USVs would be more survivable, have longer endurance and carry greater payload than their earlier generation now deployed.

“We decommissioned the first generation some years ago and have been operating a few second-generation USVs. Now the third-generation Shomer Hayam is coming, and it will significantly expand our operational capabilities,” the officer said.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...l-navy-readies-third-generation-usv/87626078/

protector sold to mexico and singapoor u read on wikipedia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom