What's new

Israel, Turkey reactivate air force ties

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
Israel, Turkey reactivate air force ties

Mechanism suspended in September after UN report on ‘Mavi Marmara’ incident hurt relations.

The air force has reestablished a coordination mechanism with Turkey that works to prevent aerial misunderstandings and potential clashes over the Mediterranean Sea.

This too came to an end though in September when a United Nations commission, established to investigate the 2010 Turkish flotilla incident, determined that Israel’s sea blockade over the Gaza Strip is legitimate. It said however, that the Navy raid on the Mavi Marmara ship, which ended with nine dead passengers, was excessive and unreasonable.

A senior IAF officer said Wednesday that the coordination mechanism was recently reactivated as part of the countries’ efforts to stabilize and improve ties. Two weeks ago, the Turkish military attache to Israel attended an IAF briefing for foreign military officers at the Uvda Air Force Base on the sidelines of the IAF joint maneuvers with the Italian Air Force.

The officer said that the IAF would also likely invite Turkey to participate in a large-scale international aerial drill that it will be hosting in Israel in 2013. The IAF has significantly increased the number of joint-training drills it holds with foreign countries in recent years.

“There is nothing preventing them from participating,” the officer said.[/b]

http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPol...aspx?id=250410

When Iran was taking a lead role on Muslim politics and anti-Israel propaganda suddenly Turkish-Israeli relationships are broken and Turkey and Erdogan seen as hero in Muslim countries. When there is anti-Israel group called Muslim-Brotherhood starts to take control of Egypt and talking about secularism (believe me I am secularist) in Egypt.

Turkeys arm exports increased immensely enought to go beyond 1bn. Don't get me wrong I am impressed we actually did something like this but no one can make me believe Israel and Turkey did not cooperate with eachother.

Edit: Plus Israel start to sell Greeks military material. Greece expected to buy some Israel's old f-16s. Win Win for both sides

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom