What's new

Israel refuses to sell Barak-8 to Turkey

and israel will sit idle watching you destroy their country.......i only feel pity for all the guys here who just claim"we will go in there and tear them apart like peice of cake".....all people with such ideas are just dumb *****........

israel makes awaks......has anti missile sheild......makes awesome missiles....radars.....has awesome pilots......

and they are extremely dangerous to go to war with.....remember....they would go to war just because two of its soldiers were kidnapped......and the killed a helllot of people for that.....and here you are talking you dream senarios.....besides they are the ones who are selling you military stuff!!!!!

Didn't some Indian General or high commander stated that India can do the very same thing to Pakistan and China in 96 hours??? :cheers:

Didn't some Indian General or high commander stated that India can do the very same thing to Pakistan and China in 96 hours??? :cheers:

i think you should go back and read what the indian general said......he did not say that he was going to attack china and pakistan,...what he said was....if india was attacked by both the countries at the same time...we would be able to mobalize our trrops and send them back out of india in 96 hrs.....he didnt say anything about stepping into china.....that was the natural assumption that all the trools used to derail that thread!!!!!,,,,

he said india was capable of defending herself in case of a sudden attack by china and pakistan

To equipp our future TF-2000 Destroyer with Area Air Defence Capabillity, turkish Navy have other Alternatives than going for Barak-8. For example SM-2or SAMP-T could also considered, so there is no urgent need for Barak-8. After the completion of T-LALADMIS and T-MALADMIS Turkey gained enough Know - How to develop a BVR Missile or a long - Range Air Defence Missile with limited ATBM Capabillity indigenously, it is most likely that we see such Missile in the following Decade.

@xmusti-Israel is a nation in arms,every man and woman over 16 is military trained.U think u can walk in their backyard and tell them who's boss ul'l end up like the arabs.and all ur military equipment are nato stuff,u attack israel think they'll help u?

@xmusti-Israel is a nation in arms,every man and woman over 16 is military trained.U think u can walk in their backyard and tell them who's boss ul'l end up like the arabs.and all ur military equipment are nato stuff,u attack israel think they'll help u?

At current condition of World, Economical and political wars have main priorities. It is the latest point to go to a war with your enemy so No need to type long sentences or think during long nights about the final possibilities.

At a likely war between Israel-Turkey, Destroying strategic structures, instaletions, energy stations would give more headache Israel instead of invading Israeli lands !!!

Military conscription is a requirement in Turkey too. Just not for females.

Turkey's goal is to produce their own arsenal.
They have crossed 60%.
ground forces is no problem.
air forces are enough. and it will be more then enough when f35 comes in service and maybe before that typhoon fighters.
navy is going good with milgem project.
what do you want more?

If you typed those sentences as a comparioson for Turkey against Israel industry, You must know that Current Israeli defence industry is more capable than Turkish defence industry. We have started developing everything and We have a roadway from air defence missiles, anti-tank missiles to Land-Naval vehicles..etc, While They have already developed some parts of what we want to develop. It is early to compete with Israeli defence industry. By 2015, Our voice will be much louder than current !!!

I believe it is too early to call the stain of relations a war scenario. Turkey is a democracy that while is tolerating its current right wing political leadership with a very powerful and Secular military in the backdrop. Being a NATO country, Turkey has more to share with Western countries than get involved in a bilateral matter between Arabs and Israelis.

Also, as an emerging power Turkish Army would do its nut to keep the country's moderate image intact by forcing the current government to resign, should the situation go as bad as that. Bottomline: There will be no war between Turkey and Israel.

Even if there is a hint of it, United States and the entire NATO would fall on both the countries and demand a cool-down.

While at the current rate there's a strong possibility of weak ties and perhaps even severing of diplomatic recognition of Israel by Turkey and de-recognition of northern Cyprus as a Turkish state, it is very amusing to see how wars are started at the drop of a hat in PDF especially from members (most of them of any country) who haven't ever served in the Armed Forces either as conscripts or officers.

Military conscription is a requirement in Turkey too. Just not for females.
Of course and in my opinion, conscription is an excellent arrangement in a country as it teaches citizens patriotism and are more in touch with the national security. Conscription is a common feature of most Western countries and many others who are either small in size of have small populations, with China being the only exception here--perhaps due to its Communist tradition of regarding every citizen as a soldier for the country.

A personal question if you don't mind: were you in the civil services (if you have such an arrangement of conscription) or did you directly join a front-corps unit?

Of course and in my opinion, conscription is an excellent arrangement in a country as it teaches citizens patriotism and are more in touch with the national security. Conscription is a common feature of most Western countries and many others who are either small in size of have small populations, with China being the only exception here--perhaps due to its Communist tradition of regarding every citizen as a soldier for the country.

A personal question if you don't mind: were you in the civil services (if you have such an arrangement of conscription) or did you directly join a front-corps unit?

If you mean a civilian alternative there is none. Of course you can be assigned to administrative job in the armed forces. If you don't go to a university and just graduated high school you are required to serve 15 months. If you go to a 4 year university or more then you serve 12 months as reserve officer or 6 months as a reserve private. Or if you want to avoid conscription you pay 5,000 euros(around that this may have changed) and then you just do a basic course of 21 days.

I was a reserve private while i served.

Last edited:

Not strictly true. China is compulsory de jure but voluntary de facto.
If you are talking about Mao's time with a 5 million man army when the population was around 500 million then maybe, but certainly not now.

They do have a few weeks of training in high school I heard. Given the nationalist sentiments I believe you can expect that if war breaks out they are going to have more volunteer than the ability to arm them all.

If you mean a civilian alternative there is none. Of course you can be assigned to administrative job in the armed forces. If you don't go to a university and just graduated high school you are required to serve 15 months. If you go to a 4 year university or more then you serve 12 months as reserve officer or 6 months as a reserve private. Or if you want to avoid conscription you pay 5,000 euros(around that this may have changed) and then you just do a basic course of 21 days.

I was a reserve private while i served.

10634124634004801813839.jpg
Thank you for the response. I see that your system is slightly different from ours--obviously owing to a greater need for military engagement than we do. Here, it is mandatory for all men to register for conscription at the nearest office, except for those who are deemed unfit.

These citizens are to pay a bit more of tax (roughly 3-4% more) till they complete the age of 30. Usually, conscription is supposed to start from the age of 20, but many can even join as early as 17 or 18.

Last edited:
Not strictly true. China is compulsory de jure but voluntary de facto.
If you are talking about Mao's time with a 5 million man army when the population was around 500 million then maybe, but certainly not now.

They do have a few weeks of training in high school I heard. Given the nationalist sentiments I believe you can expect that if war breaks out they are going to have more volunteer than the ability to arm them all.
Thanks for your response. But then could you please tell me how come the People's Liberation Army still continues to maintain a 2 million plus force even after drastic troop reduction in the last few years from 7 odd million to around 3.5 million?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom