What's new

Israel navy MEKO CSL

adir

BANNED
Reaction score
The Meko CSL is 108 meters (354 ft.) long, with a beam of 21 meters and full-load displacement of 2,750 metric tons. Propulsion is by a combined diesel-and-gas/water-jet system that reaches 40 kt. Cruising range at 15 kt. is 3,500 nm., and endurance is 21 days. The vessel can put to sea with a crew of 75.

Armed with the Barak 8 extended-range air-defense system from Israel Aerospace Industries, the two CSLs are expected to become the world’s first air-defense corvettes. This will give the Israeli surface fleet independent air cover for the first time, enabling ships to deploy farther from home. With a large deck surface and conformal mast, the new vessel can be equipped with more missiles than the current Saar 5 and, importantly, its superstructure can mount Elta’s MF-Star radar. This 360-deg. phased-array radar supports simultaneous surface search operations and multiple antiaircraft, antimissile and surface-attack weapons. The vessel will also carry antisubmarine weapons and a helicopter. As with all Israeli purchases, an important issue is the integration of locally designed and produced electronic systems. The navy uses the Elbit/Elisra Aqua Marine integrated electronic support measures/electronic countermeasures warfare suite on its Saar 5 corvettes. It is expected that the Meko will include the latest advanced electronic warfare systems.

Another advantage of the vessel would be accommodating the navy’s robotic systems. The ship could become a support platform for unmanned aerial vehicles, unmanned surface vessels and unmanned underwater vehicles, since it would have adequate deck space and launch and retrieval capabilities.

A major advantage of the Meko CSL design is stealth. By employing technologies developed for the latest German warships and Sweden’s Visby-class stealth corvettes, Meko designers reduced the ship’s infrared signature by 75% through elimination of the conventional uptakes. Exhaust gases are ducted through a horizontal system, cooled by sea water and expelled underwater. Smooth hull-plating and concealed deck equipment are other stealth enhancements from the Visby class. Other features include a water-jet propulsion system that reduces the wake, the use of composite (nonmagnetic) structures and advanced sensors. Research on the Visby-class vessels began in the 1990s by Swedish ship designer Kockums, now part of TKMS.

This is how The israeli MEKO CSL going to look:
2006100401a6esa.jpg

barak 8
b8ms7.jpg

Germany also agree to sell to israel more one u-212 sub tow already boughat in 2006 deal and 3 in 1991.Israel will have 6 sub u-212.

The MEKO CSL going to be to be built in israel.
:bunny:

Last edited:
Germany also agree to sell to israel more one u-214 sub tow already boughat in 2006 deal and 3 in 1991.Israel will have 6 sub u-214.
Israel buying u-214 or dolphin class (Type 209)?

This is how the israeli sub look like+israeli systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dolphin class is based on the u-212.It is calld dolphin because israel add more technology systems to the sub.
I made a mistake israel going to buy u-212+Israeli technology systems that will be added.
Dolphin preceeded u212A

What the **** is this? The U-212 can fire SRBMs but the more modern and advanced U-214 which Turkey is getting cant do that? What a rip off !

angry-desk-flip.svg

Thats true , but remember Isreal isnt 1/10th really they are more if you look at the isreaelis in US who have bonds with Isreal basically is a part of israel , also comparing their navy strength to their air force i said that

If I wanted to compare the US and Turkish navies I could say the same thing. Israel has a navy that is mainly defensive and proportionate to it's population which is 1/10 that of Turkey.

Both Israel and Turkey have good navies

What the **** is this? The U-212 can fire SRBMs but the more modern and advanced U-214 which Turkey is getting cant do that? What a rip off !

I thought the 214 is a derivative of the 212. Export version of the 212?

I thought the 214 is a derivative of the 212. Export version of the 212?

I was actually talking about the U-214TN which is a turkish co-produced variant of the submarine. Even though it is said that the U-214 is a only-export derivative of the U-212, its basicly a new more modern submarine only without the 4 tubes which is capable of launching cruis missiles. But to be honest i have no idea if even the U-214 can launch Cruise missiles, Anyone with more knowledge on submarines?

Back
Top Bottom