What's new

Israel killed more Palestinian civilians in 2014 than in any other year since 1967

RFS_Br

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Israel killed more Palestinians in 2014 than in any other year since 1967 | World news | The Guardian

0f0ce110-a0b4-4edf-8bba-057760f67ed0-620x372.jpeg

The conflict in Gaza in July and August was largely responsible for the deaths of 2,220 Palestinians. Photograph: Imago/Barcroft Media

Israel killed more Palestinian civilians in 2014 than in any other year since the occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip began in 1967, a UN report has said.

Israel’s activities in the Gaza Strip, West Bank and East Jerusalem resulted in the deaths of 2,314 Palestinians and 17,125 injuries, compared with 39 deaths and 3,964 injuries in 2013, according to the annual report (pdf) by the UN Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).

The conflict in Gaza in July and August was largely responsible for the dramatic increase in fatalities. It claimed the lives of 2,220 Gazans, of whom 1,492 were civilians, 605 militants and 123 unverified.

More than 11,000 people were injured and about 500,000 Palestinians were internally displaced at the height of the conflict. About 100,000 remain so.
There was also a sharp rise in fatalities in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, where 58 Palestinians were killed and 6,028 injured – the highest number of fatalities in incidents involving Israeli forces since 2007 and the highest number of injuries since 2005.

Most of the incidents took place in the second half of the year, following the abduction and murder of Mohammed Abu Khdeir, which led to daily riots and protests in East Jerusalem.

Khdeir, a 16-year-old Palestinian, was kidnapped and killed in July.

The report, entitled Fragmented Lives, documents an increase in the number of Palestinians injured, incarcerated and displaced, compared with the two previous years.

It notes an increase in the Israeli armed forces’ use of live ammunition, which accounted for almost all fatalities and 18% of injuries.
Palestinian attacks against Israeli civilians – mostly settlers – and security forces also rose in 2014, with Israeli fatalities increasing from four to 12. Incidents of settler violence resulting in Palestinian casualties and injuries increased, but the number of incidents leading to Palestinian property and land being damaged decreased.

The number of Palestinians held in administrative detention by Israeli authorities increased by 24% in 2014, but decreased when it came to children. A monthly average of 185 were held last year compared with 197 in 2013, a decrease of 6%. No children under 14 years old were held in military detention in 2014.

I predict more deadly attacks in upcoming years.Operation destructive edge(rather then protective) was bloodbath and these hell raisers aimed to befall more havoc upon rest of wounded Palestine.
Regards

Most of Israel's target in 2014 were corporate buildings, hospitals and schools
You forgot residential homes. I loved how even the AP - one of the most pro-Israeli biased news services around - noticed during the war that the Israeli army never explained why it was bombing all those houses.

Israel don't bomb Gaza to weaken Hamas but to keep Palestinians in the Gaza Strip under poverty by destroying infrastructure and businesses. Most of Israel's target in 2014 were corporate buildings, hospitals and schools.
You forgot residential homes. I loved how even the AP - one of the most pro-Israeli biased news services around - noticed during the war that the Israeli army never explained why it was bombing all those houses.
Hamas tactics 101. Make parades in open spaces, fire rockets from dense populated areas:

CAsJT9lUYAEybWt.jpg

CAsJTu5UMAAJIPe.jpg

More over since these rockets are bad quality stored and used by retard terrorists they often misfire killing own people. Hamas rockets killed more Palestinians than Israelis:

Palestinian rockets killed more Gazans in 2014 war: Amnesty - Yahoo News

but fire rockets from dense populated areas:
How do I know if the areas were "populated"? They may have been evacuated. I don't see people around in any of those pictures and I don't know when were they taken. Also, there are dozens of reports saying Israel has shelled residential areas where no military target has been found, including in the latest war. So your pictures do not at all respond my original point - that when asked by a sympathetic press service, the IDF was unable to say why it was bombing Palestinian homes. If "militants" were launching rockets from those homes, why didn't it say so? Seeing as even the dumbest of paid Israeli trolls find no difficulty in repeating their mantra about omnipresent rockets, how hard could it be for the IDF to yet again lie to a media outlet?

How do I know if the areas were "populated"?
You cant see dense housing? Need glasses? Damn you are full of shit.

They may have been evacuated.
Really? Can u tell us a single instance in 10+ years when Hamas evacuates people in order to fire rockets? This is how they do:

On contrary they tell people not to evacuate when Israel warns them.

Also, there are dozens of reports saying Israel has shelled residential areas where no military target has been found, including in the latest war.
How u know about presence of military target if they dont wear uniforms? How they know if there were tunnels or rockets stored there? Pathetic terror supporter.

@500

Since you keep criticizing others why doesn't the IDF go into Gaza to clear it from armed groups firing at Israel. Airstrikes at the inhabited city cause civillian casualties, send ground forces for a cleaner operation.

How u know about presence of military target if they dont wear uniforms? How they know if there were tunnels or rockets stored there?
How does the IAF know the bomb they drop won't cause civillian casualties, they don't but collateral damage is acceptable.

Pathetic terror supporter.
Likewise you're defending terrorists elsewhere, however when it comes to israel you're slightly emotional.

You cant see dense housing? Need glasses? Damn you are full of shit.
You call me retarded when you can't even understand that houses are not human beings?

Really? Can u tell us a single instance in 10+ years when Hamas evacuates people in order to fire rockets? This is how they do:
How do I know any of these videos are true? Anyone can post whatever they want on Youtube, and we know Israel pays people to flood the internet with hasbara. Are you one of them, by the way?

Your "Finnish" reporters, for example, have been contradicted by these Norwegian doctors who work at the hospital they accused of harboring Hamas material:

Gilbert says that in Cast Lead as well, the IDF tried to frighten the medical staff by claiming that armed militants were hiding in the hospital, but the last armed person the Norwegians saw in Shifa was an Israeli doctor, during the first intifada years ago. Gilbert says he told the man that international law forbids bringing weapons into hospitals.​

Hamas has never been found by independent researchers to use civilians as human shields. Israel, on the other hand...

And there's even video and photographic evidence of that:
human-shield-04_16_10.jpg

1256368345israel_human_shields.jpg
Israel+using+Child+as+Human+Shield+on+Vehicle+with+Telegraph+page.jpg

Mind you - my pictures and videos show actual human beings being used as shields by Israel, not some houses that to the best of my knowledge may very well be empty. The veracity of the reports I have cited is therefore undeniable. Yours, I don't know.

And you haven't answered my question. If it is so undeniable - contra testimony from independent investigators - that Hamas was using the houses Israel blew up as shields, why did the IDF fail to explain its actions to a sympathetic media outlet, as you can see below:

According to Al Mezan, more than 800 homes have been destroyed in direct hits by airstrikes or artillery, killing more than 800 people, among them 275 children.

The military has not responded to repeated AP requests to explain in detail why even one of them was targeted.​

You call me retarded when you can't even understand that houses are not human beings?
Indeed how can u know that houses = populated area. I asked u to shoe me a single instance when Hamas evacuated people before firing rockets. Of course u could not.

How do I know any of these videos are true? Anyone can post whatever they want on Youtube,
These are international journalists reporting from the area. Do u think France 24 reported faked rocket launch and then set rocket tubes in playground? Damn you are full of shit.

Your "Finnish" reporters, for example, have been contradicted by these Norwegian doctors who work at the hospital they accused of harboring Hamas material:
Why you put Finnish in brackets? Do u think she is not Finnish? Retarded idiot. She is actually a Palestinian origin Finnish.

Hamas has never been found by independent researchers to use civilians as human shields.
Pics and videos not enough? Here more:
UNRWA condemns placement of rockets, for a second time, in one of its school
http://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-placement-rockets-second-time-one-its-schools

And there's even video and photographic evidence of that:
human-shield-04_16_10.jpg

1256368345israel_human_shields.jpg
Israel+using+Child+as+Human+Shield+on+Vehicle+with+Telegraph+page.jpg

I see just arrested people.

@500

Since you keep criticizing others why doesn't the IDF go into Gaza to clear it from armed groups firing at Israel. Airstrikes at the inhabited city cause civillian casualties, send ground forces for a cleaner operation.
1) Israel is not interested in controlling Gaza.
2) Ground attack will cause much more casualties than air strikes. Especially since Hamas prevents people from evacuation like in happened in Shujaea.

How does the IAF know the bomb they drop won't cause civillian casualties, they don't but collateral damage is acceptable.
Yes even with surgical strikes there is always a collateral damage. Often Israel killed even its own soldiers.

Likewise you're defending terrorists elsewhere, however when it comes to israel you're slightly emotional.
Can u show a single my post defending terrorists?

Indeed how can u know that houses = populated area. I asked u to shoe me a single instance when Hamas evacuated people before firing rockets. Of course u could not.
Why should Hamas try and actively evacuate people? Bear in mind, your country's army has a record of bombing family residences and blocks under the excuse that there was a single Hamas official nearby. How many times have I read Israeli justifications for killing off the entire family of a Hamas official because he was inside the family house at the moment? Sometimes even the neighbors get killed, as Israel likes to drop large bombs to carry out its "precision" strikes on civilian neighborhoods. If Hamas officers tried and actively evacuated the people, Israel would use that as an excuse to bomb civilians, claiming there were Hamas subjects around that were using them as shields.

The best Hamas can do is not intervene when civilians evacuate on their own or with the help of UN officials, but this they already do.

To quote a Western reporter who, unlike you, has actual experience with how Hamas operates during your country's wars:

I saw Binyamin Netanyahu, Israel’s prime minister, giving an interview to the BBC after Israel had killed more than 60 people in the Gaza district of Shejaiya. He said he regretted the civilian casualties in Gaza but they were the fault of Hamas. Netanyahu said Israel had warned people to get out. Some had taken the advice; others had been prevented from leaving by Hamas.

I was back in London for my son’s 11th birthday party by the time all those people were killed in Shejaiya. But my impression of Hamas is different from Netanyahu’s. I saw no evidence during my week in Gaza of Israel’s accusation that Hamas uses Palestinians as human shields.
These are international journalists reporting from the area. Do u think France 24 reported faked rocket launch and then set rocket tubes in playground? Damn you are full of shit.
Calm your tits, freak. You'll end up having a heart stroke, and over what? an internet discussion?
France 24 showed rockets were launched by the side of a hotel hosting foreign journalists. I have no doubt Hamas cares shits about Westerners who install themselves in Gaza in order to make pro-Israeli propaganda. But that doesn't say anything about how it treats the truly Gazan population.

UNRWA condemns placement of rockets, for a second time, in one of its school
The school was empty. Which just proves my point - that the evidence you use to imply Hamas uses shields, the pictures showing what appears to be rockets launched from near residences, is actually no evidence at all as the buildings may very well be empty.

To quote your own link:
Today, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip.
Writing angrily with a giant font doesn't make you right - it makes you look deranged, though.

Also, since you care so much about schools getting perverted by armed forces for military purposes, will you please condemn this:
Israel News - A UN official: "Israel has turned a Gaza school into a military base" - JerusalemOnline

A few more times so you won't miss it:
Israel News - A UN official: "Israel has turned a Gaza school into a military base" - JerusalemOnline

(I note with amusement that you had no comment on neither the extensive material I showed about Israeli use of human shield, nor AP's quote showing that the IDF failed to explain why it was shelling Palestinian houses. If not even the IDF, often so eager to explain itself to the press, was able to justify its war conduct, what should make us think that you can?)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom