What's new

Israel and Pakistan Building 2nd Strike Capability With AIP Submarines

Wow, someone has picked up my post from here and pasted it verbatim on the link below. :mad::mad::mad:

Haq's Musings: Israel and Pakistan Bolster Second Strike Capability With AIP Subs

You are obviously uninformed about the "accomplishments" of RAW. Please read Mission R&AW by former Indian intelligence officer R&W.

Also read the following:

Haq's Musings: Has Modi Stepped Up India's Covert War in Pakistan?
Well, be it India or Pakistan. My point was that bilateral dialogues or diplomacy has nothing to do with covert or proxy war.

Wow, someone has picked up my post from here and pasted it verbatim on the link below. :mad::mad::mad:

Haq's Musings: Israel and Pakistan Bolster Second Strike Capability With AIP Subs

Well, be it India or Pakistan. My point was that bilateral dialogues or diplomacy has nothing to do with covert or proxy war.

It's good to know that you know more about it than Brookings scholar Stephen Cohen :-)

The U.S. military is relying on sub-hunting tech that’s decades old. Meanwhile, the targets they’re trying to find are getting quieter and more invisible by the day.
Submarines are getting quieter, stealthier, and better armed. And that could mean major trouble for the U.S. Navy and its aging fleet of sub-hunters. The tactical balance between the surface warship and the submarine has strategic impact. The submarine is not made for a show of force. Its principal weapon is designed not to damage a ship, but to sink it—rapidly and probably with much loss of life. It’s a sure way to shift the trajectory of any conflict in a more violent direction.

The best deterrent against submarine attack is robust defense—but as little as surface sailors like to discuss it, that defense has seldom been less assured.

Modern diesel-electric submarines (SSKs) are very hard to detect. It’s not that SSKs with air-independent propulsion (AIP) systems are much quieter, but they mitigate the SSK’s drawback: lack of speed and endurance on quiet electric power. When the Swedish AIP boat Gotland operated with the U.S. Navy out of San Diego in 2005-07, the Navy’s surface ships turned up all too often in a photo album acquired by the submarine’s mast. The sub was so quiet, that it consistently managed to get within easy torpedo range.

AIP submarines are a high priority in the budgets of nations such as Singapore, Korea and Japan. Russia has struggled with its Lada-class boats, but persisted, and is selling them to China. Sweden, whose Kockums yard developed the AIP technology for Japan’s big 4,100-ton Soryu-class subs, had trouble getting its A26 replacement submarine program started. In an indication of its importance, Saab will buy the Kockums yard back for Sweden from ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems.

AIP—which uses stored liquid oxygen and fuel to generate power underwater—seems to be here to stay, whether it uses the Swedish-developed Stirling-cycle engine (a 19th-century curiosity, but very efficient) or fuel cells, favored by ThyssenKrupp’s German yards and Russia. Lithium-ion batteries will further increase underwater performance. Kockums advertises another step in invisibility called Ghost (genuine holistic stealth) which, like stealth technology on an airplane, involves the careful blending of hull shapes and rubber-like coatings to make the submarine into a weak sonar target.

Other improvements are making the submarine more elusive and lethal. Masts with high-definition cameras are as clear as direct-vision optics—so the mast needs only to break the surface and make a single sweep to provide a full horizon view. Finmeccanica’s WASS division and Atlas Electronik offer modern all-electric torpedoes with multiple guidance modes, from fiber-optic to wake-homing, and back-breaking influence fuzes that work too often for comfort.

Antisubmarine warfare (ASW) has not stagnated, but it shows signs of disarray. After the end of the Cold War stopped the Soviet Union’s push for quieter submarines, the U.S. scrapped improvements to the P-3 sub-hunting plane and the P-3’s replacement. The carrier-based S-3 Viking went the same way, and the U.K., more recently, retired the Nimrod and canceled its deeply flawed MRA4 replacement sub-hunters. ASW assets and crews have been diverted to reconnaissance missions in overland and littoral wars. The Navy’s strategy for the new Boeing P-8A Poseidon is to get the airframes first, because P-3s are wearing out.

Tomorrow’s Stealthy Subs Could Sink America’s Navy - The Daily Beast

The second strike capability of Pakistan is waste of Investment. Any nuke, even tactical, by Pakistan will draw disproportionate use of force from India. When Pakistan itself is wiped out where is the use of second or third strike capability.

Policy makers in Pakistan are smoking weed as usual :lol:

The second strike capability of Pakistan is waste of Investment. Any nuke, even tactical, by Pakistan will draw disproportionate use of force from India. When Pakistan itself is wiped out where is the use of second or third strike capability.

Policy makers in Pakistan are smoking weed as usual :lol:

resized_success-kid-meme-generator-watch-s-bob-the-builder-gives-him-building-advice-33812b.jpg

Care to explain logically how Pakistan's second strike capability matters? Or are you one of the trolls that post something just for sake of posting.

Your nuke policy is a mess. If you are develop tactical nukes and has first use nuke policy, what is the use of second strike capability? Instead, Pakistan should strengthen its first strike capabilities so that it can inflict maximum damage on the enemy.

Care to explain logically how Pakistan's second strike capability matters? Or are you one of the trolls that post something just for sake of posting.

What is second strike capability?

I am not an expert but I carry a head on my shoulder and can think somewhat logically. India holds enough nukes to wipe out the entire Pakistan. And you think Pakistan would not consider that threat and try to counter it, so a platform that Pakistan can resort to and retaliate after such an attack is necessary. You try to wipe us out we will make sure the same to you. So second strike capability makes sense.

Yes I am a troll but unlike you I don't try to troll for the sake of jingoism and out of my superiority complex.

Your nuke policy is a mess. If you are develop tactical nukes and has first use nuke policy, what is the use of second strike capability? Instead, Pakistan should strengthen its first strike capabilities so that it can inflict maximum damage on the enemy.

Yeah our nuke policy is a mess we transport our nukes on ambulances. Bolan cargo vans.

What is second strike capability?

I am not an expert but I carry a head on my shoulder and can think somewhat logically. India holds enough nukes to wipe out the entire Pakistan. And you think Pakistan would not consider that threat and try to counter it, so a platform that Pakistan can resort to and retaliate after such an attack is necessary. You try to wipe us out we will make sure the same to you. So second strike capability makes sense.

Yes I am a troll but unlike you I don't try to troll for the sake of jingoism and out of my superiority complex.

Yeah our nuke policy is a mess we transport our nukes on ambulances. Bolan cargo vans.

Man....your argument is devoid of logic...remember it is Pakistan that has the first nuke policy, not India. So where is the question of India using the nukes first and wiping out Pakistan?

You people are doing the same now and have done the same in the past. Period

Is it odin?

On Topic- article accuses that India is increasing its nuke arsenal, ignoring that Pak has more nukes than India and its arsenal is fastest going in world.

I dont think German will allow to nuclearize their submarines. This is nothing but fiction.

Can Pakistan's Babur missile be fired from under the sea through a torpedo tube ? Because that is the only way that Pakistan is going to get a second strike capability out of the subs it gets from China. I doubt that China will sell Pakistan SSK's with a VLS system. China doesn't have SSK's with VLS for herself. China only has one Type 032 Qing class but that is only a experimental platform. To fire the Babur missile you need to create one with folded wings and a capsule to let her rise to the surface. Not to mention a submarine with torpedo tubes larger than the standard 533mm. China is known to make subs with 650mm torpedo tubes. But we will have to wait and see if this is part of the feature on the subs that China sells to Pakistan.

Riaz haq again with his stupid gem:lol:, nobody taught student in India of conquering Pakistan or hate religious minority same can't be said about your country here your own media exposing you lies enjoy baldy :wave:

Man....your argument is devoid of logic...remember it is Pakistan that has the first nuke policy, not India. So where is the question of India using the nukes first and wiping out Pakistan?

You say and we will believe because we have such cordial relations and don't feel threatened, and we don't know the true intentions. Well........................

Back
Top Bottom