What's new

Islamic Wadu (pre prayer ritual) and Corona Virus precautionary measures

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So recently I was watching some of the guidelines for the safety from Corona Virus and it occurred to me a lot of the actions are somewhat similar to the Wudu

Muslims do this 5 times a day

• Clean your hands 3 times
  • Wash your face 3 times with fresh water
  • Swish your mouth 3 times (not applicable to coronavirus but keeps your mouth clean)
  • Clean you arms till elbow 3 times

Towards the end of course, even the feet are washed 3 times

During the Islamic day this act is done 5 times a day for 5 prayers of day so a Muslim who prays is constantly cleaning themselves

In modern times we see Doctors saying clean your hands regularly
  • I thought it was fascinating how this cleaning mechanism is already built into Muslim Prayer ritual
  • This information was passed on with Muslims almost 1400 years ago

Similarly , various wild animals are singled out to not be eaten, in modern times we have seen some form of virus coming from the consumption of these forbidden creatures
  • Bats (Bat based flu virus)
  • Pigs (Pig flu virus Pandemic H1N1/09 virus renamed because it hurt pig meat sales)

Typically wild creatures are not eaten the current virus is claimed to have arisen from eating of a wild animal (an animal which is not farmed or lives in the farm)

Dogs are typically considered not clean required to be kept outside the house :coffee:
  • Starting to think this may be tied to future event
  • In western world people eat with dogs or they lick the face of humans
  • Something in their sliva , which is why it is forbidden to eat something eaten by dog
  • There are certain illnesses which originate in Dogs which is why vaccination is done for it which causes negative impact (Rabbies is one such illness)

Now on top of the daily ritual , we also have the Friday prayer and cleaning ritual for it
Where full body wash is recommended weekly

Last edited:
So recently I was watching some of the guidelines for the safety from Corona Virus and it occurred to me a lot of the actions are somewhat similar to the Wudu

Muslims do this 3 times a day

• Swish your mouth 3 times (not applicable to coronavirus but keeps your mouth clean)

During the Islamic day this act is done 5 times a day for 5 prayers of day so a Muslim who prays is constantly cleaning themselves

• I thought it was fascinating how this cleaning mechanism is already built into Muslim Prayer ritual

Similarly , various wild animals are singled out to not be eaten, in modern times we have seen some form of virus coming from the consumption of these forbidden creatures
  • Pigs (Pig flu virus Pandemic H1N1/09 virus renamed because it hurt pig meat sales)

Typically wild creatures are not eaten the current virus is claimed to have arisen from eating of a wild animal (an animal which is not farmed or lives in the farm)

Dogs are typically considered not clean required to be kept outside the house :coffee:
  • Something in their sliva , which is why it is forbidden to eat something eaten by dog
  • There are certain illnesses which originate in Dogs which is why vaccination is done for it which causes negative impact (Rabbies is one such illness)

Now on top of the daily ritual , we also have the Friday prayer and cleaning ritual for it
Yes, that is very valid but we also must remain cautious and use soap as well for now.

Thank you for correction I must have typo'ed it as I was copying pasting the 3 times for Wadu over and over again below

5 Prayers , of course 5 times prior to prayers unless of course you have a need to redo it

Muslims do this 5 times a day

Some valid points but communal wudhu facilities are now a health risk. Folks should pray and do wudhu at home for now.

Back
Top Bottom