What's new

Islamabad's phobia of Pindi boys

It's just a fkin mall!

yeah it's a fking mall. Just like a cinema is just a fkin cinema but they charge rs. 1000 so you could watch just a fkin movie.

similarly, there are parks that charge entry fee maybe rs.10, 20 or 30 or 50 or what ever. But it's just a fkin park, isn't it ?

Thing is, it's private property, they have the right to do what ever they want with it. They may choose to charge rs.10,000 per entry, or close it for all public and just let themselves (the owners of centaurus) dance naked inside, it's upto them, it's THEIR property, not awam's property, not gov. property. If you don't like it, don't pay and don't go in there.

yeah it's a fking mall. Just like a cinema is just a fkin cinema but they charge rs. 1000 so you could watch just a fkin movie.

similarly, there are parks that charge entry fee maybe rs.10, 20 or 30 or 50 or what ever. But it's just a fkin park, isn't it ?

Thing is, it's private property, they have the right to do what ever they want with it. They may choose to charge rs.10,000 per entry, or close it for all public and just let themselves (the owners of centaurus) dance naked inside, it's upto them, it's THEIR property, not awam's property, not gov. property. If you don't like it, don't pay and don't go in there.

Hi.. First of all why are you getting so fkin frustrated... 2nd I didn't criticise thei Fkin decision ..3rd I'm not a pindi boy...4th I'm exempted from paying the Fkin lousy 100 RS...
5th read my posts again ....

6th calm the Fk down buttercup!

Makes sense, but not really -- I mean can Rs. 100 really deter someone who is willing to put his life on the line doing one wheeling in hope to impress someone ... obviously its not, and that defeats their purpose altogether...

But now,what you have the administration doing is sowing the seeds of class-ism where the "relative" weaker people w.r.t income are for a lack of better term "taxed" to get in to a market/private property, and the people that are exempt from it, are usually the ones making speeches about equality and the social problems that the country faces in their over priced booked halls to a round of applause, but when it comes the time to make a real change by saying, okay we realize there is a problem with all the harassment that families/girls/women face but lets choose the lesser of the two evils and lets live with harmony ---Not really--- such people cant seem to find their tongues when it comes time to make a real difference ---

Being someone who understands business, I can get the administration doing it, because obviously the target market is that very crowd of the people that are very well off, so losing them would prompt some changes however, but like ive said before just because its a "Majboori" does not mean that its right, especially w.r.t the social class issues etc.

However, what I find most disturbing is the brand of "pindi boys" in other words, a huge population of people from pindi who are male and a certain age will all behave like that ?? -- and whats even more despicable is that a person who belongs to the elite class can do the exact same thing as a so called "pindi boy" but does he have to pay for it -- not really -- and thirdly you have the white knights that love to be all "ye kia pindi wale paindos" and all yet call girls from islamabad "Hamari/our girls" -- I mean I thought the islamabadi crowd was supposed to be educated out of the stone age where women were properties --

Another aspect of this is the obvious sexism, where its free for one gender and not for another, I guess the NGO's will let this one pass ---

Lastly, it comes down to this, the admin will do it because its more or less necessary for their survival -- but will a petty amount like Rs. 100 be that effective ?? if not you might see that amount even rise up a bit -- but it will reinforce the ideals of social class --- in other words, its a loose loose game ..

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_mi3wg7uaq21qz4rgp.jpg
Is this implying that the Islamabadi Bois are any better?

The only thing they do is try their hardest to portray a western look. Talk about being happy about losing your identity.

In short, if you wanna look a wannabe for real, visit islamabad.

Add females to that also as they are exempted too, 70% of adult population of males living in Islamabad and rawalpindi lie within that exemption list they gave.Its specific for them believe it or not.
The person who has to pay for Kids and women's shopping isn't allowed, yes that is a good move. :disagree:
Shall i tell you what constitutes Pakistan 70% population and how you cannot afford to marginalize it over such petty things?
So you are trying to tell me that people who live in ISB, which happens to be the capital of this country, only they deserve the right to visit Centaurus? Really, Are you trying to make a point?

This isnt about class discrimination its about the"harkatien" which pindi boys indulge themselves while in the mall.Good decision as they were the reason for deterioation of family freindly envoirment in the mall.So full support for this decision.

This...THIS!

Can't believe we have this much people who can't understand plain real life realities and also a joke in case of Pindi boyz and have to make a mountain of a mole hill and go overboard with their analogies. Class differences, segregation, mulk toot raha hai, bla bla bla.

Shayed ham logon ko jazbati honay ki adat hai shuru say.

You can be classy without having to be cheap. Not all Islamabad folks have rich daddies with Range Rovers and Breitlings and whatnot. You can be just as cool and classy wearing shirts from F-10, shoes from Bata etc. It's about being mannered, not about being rich.

There is a stereotype, and I think the people to whom it is aimed at fully embrace it with open arms, they are proud of it.

In the end, this decision by the mall admin is to prevent the hordes of hooligans entering into the mall, that's it.

The exemption list is quite comprehensive and basically says, no teenage boys on high hormones without a job or whatever.

Just like beaches and other such places have restrictions on single men coming in.

P.S: I agree that Centaurus is an overhyped piece of cr@p, but it's all about perspective. Not everyday something like this is introduced to the general public. So people naturally want to visit.

I myself have only been there a handful of times, and haven't been there for a fair few months!

This pointless wandering of the mall just doesnt suit me!

Pakistan is a country where people get excited and hyped up over trivial things...metro bus...new mall...new park...a new branch of mcDs.

It is still a very backward country.

This...THIS!

Can't believe we have this much people who can't understand plain real life realities and also a joke in case of Pindi boyz and have to make a mountain of a mole hill and go overboard with their analogies. Class differences, segregation, mulk toot raha hai, bla bla bla.

Shayed ham logon ko jazbati honay ki adat hai shuru say.

You can be classy without having to be cheap. Not all Islamabad folks have rich daddies with Range Rovers and Breitlings and whatnot. You can be just as cool and classy wearing shirts from F-10, shoes from Bata etc. It's about being mannered, not about being rich.

There is a stereotype, and I think the people to whom it is aimed at fully embrace it with open arms, they are proud of it.

In the end, this decision by the mall admin is to prevent the hordes of hooligans entering into the mall, that's it.

The exemption list is quite comprehensive and basically says, no teenage boys on high hormones without a job or whatever.

Just like beaches and other such places have restrictions on single men coming in.

P.S: I agree that Centaurus is an overhyped piece of cr@p, but it's all about perspective. Not everyday something like this is introduced to the general public. So people naturally want to visit.

I myself have only been there a handful of times, and haven't been there for a fair few months!

This pointless wandering of the mall just doesnt suit me!

Can an amount of PKR 100 which is less then even 1$ really "prevent" this sort of reality that you speak of --

If not, then it does spark in the feelings of biased behavior in the general public, which begs the question "what does this policy really achieve?"

Uee Allah, Uee Ammi, Na karo na, Meeri ammi bulla rahee gain, Na karoo warna mein ro paroon ga. AUR kitna chalna hai meeray pair on mein dard ho raha. If you hear this from a Pakistani, you should immediately figure it out that BAJI is from Islamabad. ISLAMABADI BOYS A.K.A BAJIYAAN

Build a few better malls in islamabad, Centaurus mall is shitt

Can an amount of PKR 100 which is less then even 1$ really "prevent" this sort of reality that you speak of --

If not, then it does spark in the feelings of biased behavior in the general public, which begs the question "what does this policy really achieve?"

Yes this does...

Even me (Middle class, well to do family) would say "Why the heck should I pay 100 to get into Centaurus?".

And most people I know echo the same sentiment...so yes it does make a difference IMO.

Uee Allah, Uee Ammi, Na karo na, Meeri ammi bulla rahee gain, Na karoo warna mein ro paroon ga. AUR kitna chalna hai meeray pair on mein dard ho raha. If you hear this from a Pakistani, you should immediately figure it out that BAJI is from Islamabad. ISLAMABADI BOYS A.K.A BAJIYAAN
Funny thing is most of these Bajiyaans are rejoicing over this just because they will now be considered "elites" and are trying to justify their new status benchmark. Point to be noted: they are deliberately trying to make it look like a 'youngsters shenanigans' reaction whereas the stated rules are targeting CLASS, goes to show what the real motives are: IF your blood ain't blue, you ain't allowed.

Funny thing is most of these Bajiyaans are rejoicing over this just because they will now be considered "elites" and are trying to justify their new status benchmark. Point to be noted: they are deliberately trying to make it look like a 'youngsters shenanigans' reaction whereas the stated rules are targeting CLASS, goes to show what the real motives are: IF your blood ain't blue, you ain't allowed.
Bro Lunday bazar say pant lay kaar docker ka tag laganay say pant docker key nahi ho jaati

Back
Top Bottom