What's new

Is Turkey preparing for an intervention in Syria?

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Is Turkey preparing for an intervention in Syria? – Telegraph Blogs

The short answer is yes. Although it won’t happen tomorrow or without assistance especially from the United States, which is evidently first going to allow Kofi Annan to try his luck getting Iran to broker a peace deal. But Abdullah Bozkurt, a columnist at Turkey’s Today Zaman newspaper, outlines the legal case for intervention that wouldn’t require UN Security Council authorisation (read: the say-so of Russia and China). This strikes me as the most likely set of events to unfold:

What will happen if the UN cannot get its act together, and Russia and China end up using their veto powers for the third time? Ankara will probably invoke the 1998 Adana agreement with Syria to justify the military interference while calling on NATO members for the application of the Article 5 of the NATO Charter, which says that an attack on any member shall be considered to be an attack on all. The article was invoked by the US for the first time in October 2001, when NATO determined that the terrorist attacks on the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City were indeed eligible under the terms of the North Atlantic Treaty. Since the Assad regime allows the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) and its affiliates to launch attacks on Turkish soil and harbors some 1,500 to 2,000 hard-core PKK militants in areas close to the Turkish border, Turkey can very well utilize the NATO security cover for assistance…

And who is gonna fight? Nobody.

Since nobody is gonna fight, there wont be an intervention. Bunch of lunatic fake Ottomans who dream of great Ottoman Empire. While they cannot even handle a few Kurdish terrorists inside. Also, People are getting atheist massively because of their fundamentalist islamic view.

Turkey has its hands handcuffed, cannot attack anyone.

Turkiye is not going to fight with Syria. PM Erdogan and he's fanboys are barking. It is internal affairs of Syria. If its people really want freedom and democracy, they must fight for it and deserve it not beg someone for it.

While they cannot even handle a few Kurdish terrorists inside.

I think there will be no war with syria but..
the " they " term you mentioned is our security forces. It has nothing to do with AKP or PM. Erdogan or AKP dont fight in the mountains themselves. Terror was here before AKP, and the same army was fighting. This is a well organized terror organization feeded by outer powers. You have either a weak knowledge or you just love to talk superficial towards your political view.

Also, People are getting atheist massively because of their fundamentalist islamic view.

People are massively getting atheists? What the f..k :hang2: Because of this nonsense claims AKP's vote rate increase day by day..
You made my day :tup:

I think there will be no war with syria but..
the " they " term you mentioned is our security forces. It has nothing to do with AKP or PM. Erdogan or AKP dont fight in the mountains themselves. Terror was here before AKP, and the same army was fighting. This is a well organized terror organization feeded by outer powers. You have either a weak knowledge or you just love to talk superficial towards your political view.

People are massively getting atheists? What the f..k :hang2: Because of this nonsense claims AKP's vote rate increase day by day..
You made my day :tup:

1) Both State and security forces fight against terrorists, everywhere in the world. Since the security forces are armed wing of the State, State is responsible for the result.

2) so you claim being AKP voter = Muslim?

i claim that being a AKP voter is being a Arab wannabe. :D

Turkey and its govt relative to most Muslim countries is wise and is unlikely to entertain an all out intervention. In any event they do not need to. they can achieve anything that they want in Syria without a full intervention other than occupy Syria which I don't think they want to or is in their interest

1) Both State and security forces fight against terrorists, everywhere in the world. Since the security forces are armed wing of the State, State is responsible for the result.

2) so you claim being AKP voter = Muslim?

i claim that being a AKP voter is a Arab wannabe. :D

1)Yes, since terror began in this country all of the governments failed to finish it, to lay all result at akp's door is purely double standart.

2) With your logic...People who dont vote AKP = Atheists ?

Your claims are childish and immature, actually i really dont like arabs..
Regards

Don't fight it for US, since Turkey and Syria share the same neighborhood, the negociation is still required.

1)Yes, since terror began in this country all of the governments failed to finish it, to lay all result at akp's door is purely double standart.

2) With your logic...People who dont vote AKP = Atheists ?

Your claims are childish and immature, actually i really dont like arabs..
Regards

You call my claims childish, woow. Come with better weapons. :)

AKP cant handle PKK terrorists, point. How could AKP handle both PKK, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia, Armenia, Greece? Dont trust me, i am not stupider to get killed for stupid politicians.

Secondly, lets talk about Islam. If one country falls deep into criminality, divorces and corruption etc, that means power of religion and morality gets weaker on humans.

So i am right to assume that people get out of the way, or religion. Their new religion is money, women, men, power. Do not ever trust the image. It can be deceiving.

So thanks god im not that weak human being to change the religion or easly being corrupted towards politic or politicians views. Crime, corruption, divorces are everywhere in the world, you cant stop it, but you can find the power inside to keep yourself away from these.. Or just choose the easy path, jump in to dark waters, people have their own will, right?

The Buffert zone is on the table but with the size fire it's not nessasery.
Please don't make this thread to a akp vs chp or a PKK related thread.

Back
Top Bottom