What's new

is this Pakistani made sniper gun?

sherdil76

Reaction score
just saw this picture on express news website, wondering if anybody know about this gun, to me it look like customised G3 rifle or may be a variant of american M4/16

Attachments

• 1100650636-1.jpg
    1100650636-1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 985
Armalite AR-10(t) Target / Hunting / Sniper Rifle (USA)

Caliber: .308 / 7.62x51mm (or .243 win)
Type: gas operated, rotating bolt, semi-auto
Barrel: 610mm (24" sst t heavy)
Overall length: 1105mm
Weight: 4.72 kg
Magazine capacity: 10 or 20 rounds

Isn't the AR-10 the same weapon used in Vietnam? Which was highly despised by the Americans?

Thanks, But I have seen the AR-15 and am familiar about its success. But this one doesn't look like the AR-15. The AR-15 has the M-4 type Collapsible Stock and looks more like the M-4.
But I am happy for the Elite Forces and look even the Police are taught to place the finger parallel to the Trigger while not in actual combat.

Your id is 'Sniper' yet you're calling an AR-10 a G3. You need to do some more research my friend.

Well its not my field but yours and keys from the look at the barrel it cant fire long distance. What to you think 600 yarrds plus effective kill range?
223 or 308 caliber rounds.
I have fired Barrett M107 50 cal missed the target by 6 inches at 1800ft

Last edited:
Sir Muradk the picture shows that the Elite commandos are using this weapon, as far as I know the Army doesn't use the AR-10 because it is an old and obsolete weapon. As the police don't usually engage in long range combat so they don't require a heavy, long range, high caliber,AP sniper. For Example in a hostage rescue situation the sniper team will be deployed on a roof on the adjacent building, and pick out targets that approach the windows. About the caliber I think 7.62 is the most optimum caliber to kill a target with. It can penetrate almost any Kevlar Jacket.

I strongly agree with you over this since, There is no need of heavy weapon with police.

As far as I know the AR-10 was never a standard weapon in the US Military. I do believe they are still in use in a few countries in Central and South America.

The US Military did use the M-14 7.62x51 for a while. Last time I checked there were a few still in service as a medium range sniper's rifle.

just saw this picture on express news website, wondering if anybody know about this gun, to me it look like customised G3 rifle or may be a variant of american M4/16

its definatly not g3.i think..!:tongue:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom