What's new

Is there oil in Pakistan? Onshore or offshore?

Normally where there is a large desert there tends to be oil. Pak has large desert space in balochistan if there is oil it will be there and maybe offshore too.

Potential. Just like the potential of Pakistan as a whole that we keep hearing about.
Not gonna know unless the try; speaking of both oil exploration and Pakistan as a whole

I have seen this topic tossed around and many news of such discoveries. I want to know the status of where this oil is, why its not being exported yet and what are we doing to explore furthr oil fields in the sea or on land. If we ever become an oil exporter, we can get out of this econimic crunch and maintain parity with india in terms of military budget.
There is oil on Iran pakistan border , pakistan is not extracting oil so Iran taking benefit of this situation and taking out even pakistan side oil .

There is oil on Iran pakistan border , pakistan is not extracting oil so Iran taking benefit of this situation and taking out even pakistan side oil .

The basin tilts into Pakistan, I think read that somewhere. If Pakistan are not taking what's theirs then they are a bunch of stupids.

Exactly. Realizing potential is the key. Merely having it or claiming it will never be enough.
So that basically what everyone should be demanding, stop holding back people from realizing their potential. A level playing field that attracts investment and skilled talent.

So that basically what everyone should be demanding, stop holding back people from realizing their potential. A level playing field that attracts investment and skilled talent.

Great thought, but our people are more inclined to be content with realizing their promised potential and its "rewards" in the HereAfter rather than the HereAndNow due to social operant conditioning.

Great thought, but our people are more inclined to be content with realizing their promised potential and its "rewards" in the HereAfter rather than the HereAndNow due to social operant conditioning.
That conditioning needs to be shifted. Just as there is a Protestant work ethnic, there needs to be a Muslim work ethnic. And lien the Chinese century of humiliation rhetoric, some rhetoric needs to be devised to focus efforts to catch-up with the rest of the world.

Balochistan with its terrain surely must have oil.
For some reason mystry does shroud Balochistan and its potential oil reserves. There has been reports by the world bank in the past that there could be vast reserves of oil and gas, other large companies have also reported then thing went all silent. This has happened on and off over the last 20-30 years.

If you look at Iranian oil fields most are located west towards the other gulf countries and the waters. So I think it remains an unknown quantity still.

I believe there will be oil and gas reserves in Pakistan but how much have we invested in exploration? Our previous govts were too busy looting to make any long term plans, heck we have rivers and we didn't even make dams, let alone exploration for oil n gas.

Per Adil Raja, Dirty Harry is allegedly involved in Irani petrol smuggling.

Not just dirty hairy, for decades the army have been involved in it and have earned billions.

I believe there will be oil and gas reserves in Pakistan but how much have we invested in exploration? Our previous govts were too busy looting to make any long term plans, heck we have rivers and we didn't even make dams, let alone exploration for oil n gas.

Not just dirty hairy, for decades the army have been involved in it and have earned billions.
GridArt_20230124_223440560.jpg

Nothings going to happen untill the pigs are removed from political powers

Iran won't move forward and reach it's full potential without removing IR, we won't move forward and reach our full potential until we remove army as a political force

But Both are extremely brutal towards their own people and would do anything to stay in power

If foreign investment doesnt come, state owned enterprises must step in. The same like Indonesia when we see stall investment in one of our big gas block, Jokowi asked Pertamina to step in. That is order from President.

Any way, in oil and gas business, there is specialization. If Pakistan doesnt have the necessary technology and human resources in oil and gas sector, Pakistan can hire foreign workforce like the way Turkey hire Indonesian expert on their new found oil and gas block. Pakistan can also hire foreign drilling specialized company to do exploration drilling.

Why Pakistan dont do thing like that ? Budget constrain. This is why I stress many time that Pakistan should decrease its defense spending from around 4 % of GDP into 1 % of GDP, and use that money for strategic investment, infrastructure development, and education

That conditioning needs to be shifted. Just as there is a Protestant work ethnic, there needs to be a Muslim work ethnic. And lien the Chinese century of humiliation rhetoric, some rhetoric needs to be devised to focus efforts to catch-up with the rest of the world.

You and I may think that, but these are just two examples of why it will not happen:

Last edited:
I have seen this topic tossed around and many news of such discoveries. I want to know the status of where this oil is, why its not being exported yet and what are we doing to explore furthr oil fields in the sea or on land. If we ever become an oil exporter, we can get out of this econimic crunch and maintain parity with india in terms of military budget.
Why the f is military budget your primary concern ?

Back
Top Bottom