What's new

Is there oil in Pakistan? Onshore or offshore?

Amreeka Bhadur naraz ho jata hai bhai, and you know who controls foreign policy of Pakistan.
You forget we have a beggars can't be choosers government
all I am saying is just turn a blind eye to the irani petro diesel smuggling. I have purchased irani petrol from makeshift pumps. at least it will keep transportation moving.

smuggling is a huge economy and lets be honest its what pakistan is very good at.

all I am saying is just turn a blind eye to the irani petro diesel smuggling. I have purchased irani petrol from makeshift pumps. at least it will keep transportation moving.

smuggling is a huge economy and lets be honest its what pakistan is very good at.
once the commission is paid, no one stops it.

once the commission is paid, no one stops it.
things are done under the table, you live in Pakistan and you know the black economy of Pakistan!

There was a time when my family for example would purchase electronic items from the UK and have it taken to Pakistan.

Today that's no longer the case because I have bought things in Pakistan and given them to people there. Those items being in Pakistan is questionable! But who cares. the people can get their hands on new tech and it makes their lives better then, who cares.

That Indian is just following Indonesia after we found 12 tcf of gas in Andaman in 2022.

Three drilling exploration was conducted, but the third location is found empty.

Government must explore first and then offer it to oil and gas companies who will do drilling. That is what happen in Indonesia.
Agreed, Pakistan also needs an exploration company that searches ok its own, and only offers development after confirming the presence of resources.

The first exploration is being done with survey ships. Mapping
Agreed, Pakistan also needs an exploration company that searches ok its own, and only offers development after confirming the presence of resources.
The first exploration is not drilling explorarition. It is conducted by Government Agency with budget comes from government.

For offshore explatory, Government Agency is mapping the sea using survey ship. I dont know what they are doing to find oil and gas in the land as they are finding oil and gas on land as well.

After Government finds potential areas, they will offer to private sector and do bidding. We have Pertamina that is huge company with good financing capability, but they cannot do all of explanatory drilling and drill all of our gas and oil. They have other business in refinery, oil tanker, gas station, airline, oil and gas pipe line, geothermal, EV industry

Last edited:
Last year investment in new drilling exploration was 800 million USD and AlhamduliLLAH we can get 45 billion USD proven reserve (assumption of oil price at 80 USD per barrel), mostly gas.

This year it will be about 1.7 billion USD exploration drilling inshaAllah.

You will find oil and gas in many many places especialy the little explored offshore.
The poster however is talking about oil and gas enough to change the fortunes of Pakistan. Thats the rub. There are drips and drabs in many places but not nearly enough to change the economy of Pakistan or for that matter India.
Indonesia has substatial reserves and is far luckier than the subcontinent.
Reserve needs to be found

Last edited:
We owe debt to oil producing OPEC nations. What makes you think, they'll let you explore oil and gas?

Who in their right mind wants to bankroll competition?

Per Adil Raja, Dirty Harry is allegedly involved in Irani petrol smuggling.

We owe debt to oil producing OPEC nations. What makes you think, they'll let you explore oil and gas?

Earlt 2019, people were quite certain of a substantial offshore gas reserve (Kekra-1). But pilot drilling was abruptly shutdown.

Pakistan cannot compete with OPEC members. As @Skull and Bones pointed to it. Look into this

OG-AG999_201504_G_20160415115919.jpg

There are oil fields in Kuwait and KSA that you can extract oil from them using a simple spade!. Hence low cost.

The final price of every barrel for the oil producing country chooses who can compete with whom and who can have more market for its extracted oil.

I wonder about Pakistani nuclear capacity. The country is supposed to be a nuclear power like France. But i haven't seen a single nuclear reactor being unveiled in Pakistan to produce electricity. Why is that so? You don't have oil, its ok. Use whatever you got. Nuclear energy is clean and much cheaper in the long run.

Again, i must ask, why don't you use this unique capacity? Or maybe, USA expects Pakistan to act as its nuclear suicide drone aganist other nuclear states around? Tell me i am wrong.

Don't know there is oil in Pakistan but definitely there is oil in Pakistanis thats why govt and establishment keep squeezing Pakistani people
New conspiracy just dropped

Again, i must ask, why don't you use this unique capacity? Or maybe, USA expects Pakistan to act as its nuclear suicide drone aganist other nuclear states around? Tell me i am wrong.
Another conspiracy just dropped

Another conspiracy just dropped
Then build reactors as many as you can. Who is that doesn't allow it? Pakistan is in urgent need of energy, i know it needs huge investment but given the urgency, it mist be done ASAP.

What is the purpose of Pakistani nuclear program? Nuclear bomb or nuclear energy? Because of Indian factor, Let's say both. But there are powerful people in Pakistan that only want nuclear bombs even if the whole nation starves to death.

Then build reactors as many as you can. Who is that doesn't allow it? Pakistan is in urgent need of energy, i know it needs huge investment but given the urgency, it mist be done ASAP.

What is the purpose of Pakistani nuclear program? Nuclear bomb or nuclear energy? Because of Indian factor, Let's say both. But there are powerful people in Pakistan that only want nuclear bombs even if the whole nation starves to death.
We have 6 or so already currently, not sure the exact number

Back
Top Bottom