What's new

is that a pakfa flat nozzle????

Bro these images are not random ones,,,,,but from paralay.com which is the authority on pakfa program

These were posted a long time back, I think as soon as Pak-FA flew on Keypub. I think you will find the answers there...and the discussions will run for pages. Might help you.

t50%20%28140%29.JPG

[
Is that the Russian HMDS that will supposedly be on the PAK-FA one day??

And guys what are your thoughts on the HMDS for the FGFA? Will the IAF go with the Russian-supplied/origin HMDS or stick to the TOPSIGHT-I or a later derivative that Samtal and Thales can come up with?

Sukhoi have tested flat-nozzle TVC in the past (here on a SU-27K):
attachment.php

I agree the cockpit doesn't look particularly "next generation" though. Maybe HAL can rope in Samtal or go with the HALBIT displays is "COCKPIT NG"?

Is that the Russian HMDS that will supposedly be on the PAK-FA one day??

And guys what are your thoughts on the HMDS for the FGFA? Will the IAF go with the Russian-supplied/origin HMDS or stick to the TOPSIGHT-I or a later derivative that Samtal and Thales can come up with?

Sukhoi have tested flat-nozzle TVC in the past (here on a SU-27K):
attachment.php

I agree the cockpit doesn't look particularly "next generation" though. Maybe HAL can rope in Samtal or go with the HALBIT displays is "COCKPIT NG"?

Man all this information is 100 % authentic based upon maks 2011 but in 7 days maks 2013 is gonna start and we will see new stuff.
btw did u see my other thread on rcs of pakfa??can anyone interpret that?

I think russia was saying india would use same equipment and now with rising dollar against rupee we may alltogether abandon fgfa and stick to pakfa only!!!

Man all this information is 100 % authentic based upon maks 2011 but in 7 days maks 2013 is gonna start and we will see new stuff.
btw did u see my other thread on rcs of pakfa??can anyone interpret that?

I think russia was saying india would use same equipment and now with rising dollar against rupee we may alltogether abandon fgfa and stick to pakfa only!!!

I haven't read that yet sir no- bit for sure the FGFA will not be identical to the PAK-FA. The idea if brining in the falling rupee and the like is nonsensical- this is an entirely short term issue. Work by HAL on the FGFA has already begun. The FGFA will be a MKIsed PAK-FA no doubts about it. First inductions are not going to be for at least 7-8 years and by then the current financial matters will be corrected.

The issue that is still unsettled IMHO is the twin seat version that the IAF seems to have backed away from and rightfully so. Will work on this proceed?

I haven't read that yet sir no- bit for sure the FGFA will not be identical to the PAK-FA. The idea if brining in the falling rupee and the like is nonsensical- this is an entirely short term issue. Work by HAL on the FGFA has already begun. The FGFA will be a MKIsed PAK-FA no doubts about it. First inductions are not going to be for at least 7-8 years and by then the current financial matters will be corrected.

The issue that is still unsettled IMHO is the twin seat version that the IAF seems to have backed away from and rightfully so. Will work on this proceed?
I think there are enough reports to be sure that twin seat is scuttled for sure but yaar i want su-35 instead of rafale with pakfa electronics.We will get delivery starting in 2-3 years and there will be complete logistical,training,weapon and equipment similarity slashing the operating costs.As we know bulk of radars and other stuff are already in production,so whats wrong in going that way??

I think there are enough reports to be sure that twin seat is scuttled for sure but yaar i want su-35 instead of rafale with pakfa electronics.We will get delivery starting in 2-3 years and there will be complete logistical,training,weapon and equipment similarity slashing the operating costs.As we know bulk of radars and other stuff are already in production,so whats wrong in going that way??

Well I'm a big fan of the Rafale and it's multi-role capabilities- it fits perfectly with the IAF's needs. The SU-35 would overlap too much with the MKI's operational doctrine.

And India needs to diversify and start getting away from the Russkies- just my opinion.

Well I'm a big fan of the Rafale and it's multi-role capabilities- it fits perfectly with the IAF's needs. The SU-35 would overlap too much with the MKI's operational doctrine.

And India needs to diversify and start getting away from the Russkies- just my opinion.

I respect ur opinion but u have to envisage a scenario when the rafale starts induction around 2018 or so..........and by that time i don't think it will offer many(if any) advantage over chinese as atleast we should be baying for stealth in that price range.
And all the reports coming from pakfa radar assure me it will be a hell of a unit and rafale will have nothing over it

We have overly demonized russians which is a strategic mistake in my opinion.I just don't trust usa........if we attain the same success as china in say next 30 years we will be looked upon as competitors just like them and will be shunted away.

But rest assured my friend next year a defence budget cut is round the corner and we need to sigh ANY damn deal we can to stop delays

Back
Top Bottom