What's new

Is Sri Lanka buying JF-17?

Then they don't need any aircraft, and might as well cut the military down to a police force with SWAT capabilities when needed, now that the civil war is over. The money saved ought to be spend rebuilding their nation, but its up to them how they wish to spend their money and whom they perceive as a potential threat.

Thanks for the Info.

That is definitely not the lesson they learnt from the whole Tamil Tigers episode. They surely could not have forgotten the time when they had to frantically go around the world looking for military supplies and equipment.

A pro Indian govt in the future and you will find your fighter being evaluated by your enemy.

Not quite. There are measures that can be implemented to safeguard against that. The Pakistani F-16s Vs the Chinese engineers present at our air bases is a very good example.

Last edited:
That is definitely not the lesson they learnt from the whole Tamil Tigers episode. They surely could not have forgotten the time when they had to frantically go around the world looking for military supplies and equipment.

Not quite. There are measures that can be implemented to safeguard against that. The Pakistani F-16s Vs the Chinese engineers present at our air bases is a very good example.

Your right. It’s better that they have an adequate defense ready at all times, rather then be caught off guard once again; especially because the political winds could shift on a dime in this multipolar world. They also can’t be sure if one day they are engaged in a border/maritime dispute with the Indians should they discover natural resources in their EEZ. For that reason alone they should refrain from buying Indian. The JF-17 is the most affordable but modern aircraft on the market. Even a Block II JF-17 has the capability to deal with a large portion of the Indian Air Force; as 27 Feb 2019 showed. The decision is their’s of course, but you are correct they need an adequate defense before any situation develops.

Last edited:
Ask this question to your trained LTTE brothers. How Pakistan crush them and throw them from elephant pass.their leader was killed when he try to escape towards india in last moments.
In what way did Pakistan help Sri Lanka against LTTE? Give me the details of the assistance? Don't tell me that giving some training to soldiers is a big assistance. I am adding for assistance in terms of resources, weapons, logistics etc.

1200 Indian soldiers DIED fighting side by side with Sri Lankan army in Sri Lanka . An Indian Prime Minister paid with his life for backing the Sri-Lankan govt against the Tamil Tigers.
I know Pakistani's are never taught or care to learn the truth
LTTE was created by India, whole world knows it

Back
Top Bottom