What's new

Is Russia's New Armata Tank the Best in the World?

Agree

• YES

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
The 120mm gun can't penetrate the M1A2 and multiple shots at the same spot needs to be used to penetrate it. It also uses depleted Uranium rounds and armour compared to Israel's "Composite matrix of laminated ceramic-steel-nickel alloy. Sloped modular design". It can withstand 1,300mm of HEAT as well (hull and turret).
Wrong
https://www.google.co.il/search?q=M...hVCORoKHX2NBHQQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=pOBgjkWjWEfYiM:
If one part has 1300 mm armor doesn't mean all of it has. the Merkava can penetrate bunch of areas. Also, the LAHAT ATGM is top attack capable, say bye bye to the M1A2 Abrams.
Depleted Uranium armor? so what? it uses a few centimeters of armor that its Uranium, you think it will stop anything?
depleted Uranium shells are no better than Tungsten.

First one- You cant see shit.
You can see the tank been blown up multiple times.
Second one- clearly missed the tank, damn Hamas is so bad
We can clearly see the tank shaking. It's a hit on the sides.
3:44 you can clearly see 2 explosions, thanks to the Trophy, the tank wasn't even hit. the molten jet went to its side.
2 ATGM's fired from the same position (that's how you beat APS). Both explosions had some distance between them.
4:45, Namer, it survived against a Kornet.
Yes, Namer but it didn't survive and is immobile. Also, isn't the Namer developed from the Merkava IV and believed to be more protected.
5:15- No hit, thanks Trophy
The warhead exploded first before the APS.
6:10- That's a T72, totally, the Merkava doesn't have fuel on its back, it have side armor covering the tracks, and the Merkava has 8 wheels and not 7.
That's T-72 but not the one before or the one's being shown destroyed.

Wrong
https://www.google.co.il/search?q=M1A2+Abrams+armor&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=949&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjL24O45JXOAhVCORoKHX2NBHQQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=pOBgjkWjWEfYiM:
If one part has 1300 mm armor doesn't mean all of it has. the Merkava can penetrate bunch of areas. Also, the LAHAT ATGM is top attack capable, say bye bye to the M1A2 Abrams.
Depleted Uranium armor? so what? it uses a few centimeters of armor that its Uranium, you think it will stop anything?
depleted Uranium shells are no better than Tungsten.
Can tank rounds attack from the top, I don't think so! And LAHAT can't either, unless it's the enemy on higher grounds. And Tungsten can't pierce through the M1A2 or even M1A1 (Iraqi T-72 used them).

You can see the tank been blown up multiple times.

We can clearly see the tank shaking. It's a hit on the sides.

2 ATGM's fired from the same position (that's how you beat APS). Both explosions had some distance between them.

Yes, Namer but it didn't survive and is immobile. Also, isn't the Namer developed from the Merkava IV and believed to be more protected.

The warhead exploded first before the APS.

That's T-72 but not the one before or the one's being shown destroyed.
1. I cant even see what tank it is.

2. Every tank will shake when a missile lands nearby it, even it its a hit, no penetrations.

3. the tank wasn't destroyed, both of the missiles were intercepted.

4. It did survive, read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namer#Combat_History

5. No hit, the APS intercepted it, want it or not.

6. So they lied, no surprise. and we don't know what tank it is before it.

Can tank rounds attack from the top, I don't think so! And LAHAT can't either, unless it's the enemy on higher grounds. And Tungsten can't pierce through the M1A2 or even M1A1 (Iraqi T-72 used them).
What? I cant understand you, tank rounds attack from the top? All you need to do is aim to the middle of the Abrams for easy penetration, or use the top attack capability of the LAHAT to destroy the Abrams
AND NOW YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF TO BE AN IDIOT
a T72 has an OLD cannon, with barley any penetration.
the M253 is different, and the M338 KE shell will easily penetrate the Abrams.

Were there any pictures of it. Surely, one with notable "scratches" would be there. Or is it that Israel created one that doesn't even get scratches from ATGMs!
Every tank will shake when a missile lands nearby it, even it its a hit, no penetrations.
It's a 65 ton tank, no it won't unless it's hit.
5. No hit, the APS intercepted it, want it or not.
2 hits and within a couple of metres. One gets destroyed by ATGM and the other hits due to "idle time".

What? I cant understand you, tank rounds attack from the top? All you need to do is aim to the middle of the Abrams for easy penetration, or use the top attack capability of the LAHAT to destroy the Abrams
AND NOW YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF TO BE AN IDIOT
No, Mr.Idiot. That's my point. Tank rounds can't attack from the top and a front attack really doesn't damage it due to it's angle. Angle is extremely important. Know a bit about armoured warfare before pretending to be an expert.

Were there any pictures of it. Surely, one with notable "scratches" would be there. Or is it that Israel created one that doesn't even get scratches from ATGMs!

It's a 65 ton tank, no it won't unless it's hit.

2 hits and within a couple of metres. One gets destroyed by ATGM and the other hits due to "idle time".
You already sent me a video with it. neither the Kornet or any other missile could penetrate the Namer.
We don't picture everything

Of course it will, that's a 7kg HEAT round, its enough to shake a whole building.

There was no hit! you cant understand this? neither the Merkava have been destroyed.

No, Mr.Idiot. That's my point. Tank rounds can't attack from the top and a front attack really doesn't damage it due to it's angle. Angle is extremely important. Know a bit about armoured warfare before pretending to be an expert.
the LAHAT IS AN ATGM, NOT A TANK ROUND
You compare a T72 from Iraq to a Merkava Mk4 cannon, you know nothing!

The 120mm gun can't penetrate the M1A2 and multiple shots at the same spot needs to be used to penetrate it. It also uses depleted Uranium rounds and armour compared to Israel's "Composite matrix of laminated ceramic-steel-nickel alloy. Sloped modular design". It can withstand 1,300mm of HEAT as well (hull and turret).
Assuming this is so, this is WORSE than a comparable German or Swiss 120mm (not a long barrelled one, but a regular one) or the standard US 120mm? What armies use DU apfsds anyway, besides US (and so how is not having a DU round a disqualifier)?

Top attack is possible with a guided round such as Lahat, which is actually a cannon launched ATGW

Uing this illustration (Bofors Rbs 56 Bill 2 ATGW)
bofors2.jpg

Note how the two shaped charges point DOWN (not forward). This is because the missile overflies the target and then fires its HEAT warheads DOWN.

upload_2016-7-28_11-39-58.jpeg

bof10.jpg

With Lahat, which has a HEAT warhead that is directed to the missile front, I suppose your simply would used a different missile trajectory to achieve top attack (i.e. indirect fire)
topdown_zpsced35893.jpg%7Eoriginal

About LAHAT:
"The missile’s trajectory can be set to match either tank (top attack) or helicopter (direct attack) engagements."
"The missile uses a tandem warhead which can defeat all modern armor, including add-on reactive armor. The main warhead has a high penetration capability of 800mm, defeating all known armored vehicles at high impact angles typical of top attack trajectories."
"The missile hits the target at an accuracy of 0.7meter CEP and an angle of over 30 degrees, providing effective penetration of up to 800mm of armor steel by the high performance warhead. "
http://defense-update.com/directory/lahat.htm

I sincerely doubt there is ANY tank in existence today has 800 mm of top armor (i.e. driver position, turret roof or engine compartment). ERA on top would be defeated by the tandem warhead.

merkava3_lahat.png

lahat-load.jpg

Top attack is possible with a guided round such as Lahat, which is actually a cannon launched ATGW

Uing this illustration (Bofors Rbs 56 Bill 2 ATGW)
bofors2.jpg

Note how the two shaped charges point DOWN (not forward). This is because the missile overflies the target and then fires its HEAT warheads DOWN.

View attachment 321362

bof10.jpg

With Lahat, which has a HEAT warhead that is directed to the missile front, I suppose your simply would used a different missile trajectory to achieve top attack (i.e. indirect fire)
topdown_zpsced35893.jpg%7Eoriginal

About LAHAT:
"The missile’s trajectory can be set to match either tank (top attack) or helicopter (direct attack) engagements."
"The missile uses a tandem warhead which can defeat all modern armor, including add-on reactive armor. The main warhead has a high penetration capability of 800mm, defeating all known armored vehicles at high impact angles typical of top attack trajectories."
"The missile hits the target at an accuracy of 0.7meter CEP and an angle of over 30 degrees, providing effective penetration of up to 800mm of armor steel by the high performance warhead. "
http://defense-update.com/directory/lahat.htm

I sincerely doubt there is ANY tank in existence today has 800 mm of top armor (i.e. driver position, turret roof or engine compartment). ERA on top would be defeated by the tandem warhead.

merkava3_lahat.png

lahat-load.jpg
Man you showed him!

Back
Top Bottom