What's new

Is it time for Pakistan to seriously start considering an ICBM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubble123

Reaction score
Ok guyz if this question had been asked even a year ago it would be ridiculed.

But now in the light of events of the past few months is it time for Pakistan to seriously consider an ICBM ?

Granted that it will probably take more than a decade but we have to start now given the volatility of the geopolitical situation.

There are some bullys in the world who only understand the language of power.

So is time for Pakistan to put the missile infrastructure in full gear and produce yet another miracle.

Share your thoughts.

Hmmmm.. well, with the growth of some 2% or 3%, its not the right time. Rather concentrating more on infra would be highly adviced.

If we make them and at the same time same chair hungry faces come to parliament, then I would say no need for making them.

NO...

I presume that you are suggesting United States as the possible enemy...my friend,US is 11,000km away...
Let us also consider that US is going to do whatever it has planned to do in the next 3 years...we are now sitting at 2500km (operational) and 4000km (under-development)...So only a miracle can make that happen...

Even if we go for a simple ICBM (5500km) ,that is going to send a dangerous message to the world,as our only official enemy is India,which we have got covered...Trust me,the last reason US wants is an ICBM in the hands of "terrorists" to take over our nukes...we cannot go to war with the world...

Economy...I'd rather say nothing about it...a fair ICBM project costs hundreds of millions of dollars...

But we have alternate options...even if somebody wants to attack US,go for them in Afghanistan at their military bases...

This type of thinking is immature and childish,which is unfortunately part of most Pakistanis brains...

NO...

I presume that you are suggesting United States as the possible enemy...my friend,US is 11,000km away...
Let us also consider that US is going to do whatever it has planned to do in the next 3 years...we are now sitting at 2500km (operational) and 4000km (under-development)...So only a miracle can make that happen...

Even if we go for a simple ICBM (5500km) ,that is going to send a dangerous message to the world,as our only official enemy is India,which we have got covered...Trust me,the last reason US wants is an ICBM in the hands of "terrorists" to take over our nukes...we cannot go to war with the world...

Economy...I'd rather say nothing about it...a fair ICBM project costs hundreds of millions of dollars...

But we have alternate options...even if somebody wants to attack US,go for them in Afghanistan at their military bases...

This type of thinking is immature and childish,which is unfortunately part of most Pakistanis brains...
Finally, some one spoke my mind. Thank you.

We need to worry about our economic situation. We need foreign investment.

The more we get in to the arms race, the more we will end up draining our already weak economy.

ICBM technology is very expensive to maintain and manage. It is nothing like our current missiles. It has its own challenges and strategic implications.

Unless we remedy our internal shortcomings; we cannot compete with the greatest powers of the world.

Finally, some one spoke my mind. Thank you.

We need to worry about our economic situation. We need foreign investment.

The more we get in to the arms race, the more we will end up draining our already weak economy.

ICBM technology is very expensive to maintain and manage. It is nothing like our current missiles. It has its own challenges and strategic implications.

Unless we remedy our internal shortcomings; we cannot compete with the greatest powers of the world.

Exactly...we need to improve our image in the world...stop being aggressive...take other countries like Iran,Indonesia,Malaysia,France etc on our side to make our case strong...

All we need is good diplomacy and a corruption-free nation...

I also want to make it clear to everyone that there is no Ballistic missile named Tipu/Taimur/Eesa under-development by Pakistan...all this is nothing but rumors...

No I think we need to improve our existing weapons and make sure they 100% deliver the potent stuff @ New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai etc.In my opinion, if we have to exercise nuclear option then it must be used as shock and awe strategy and we should launch the nukes at Major Economic and Population centers along with Dam's etc so as to take maximum number lives (Civilian Plus Military).Basically, completely devastate the adversary and take out a significant population of the adversary (Specially, the well educated population which will take decades to reproduce).

No I think we need to improve our existing weapons and make sure they 100% deliver the potent stuff @ New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai etc.In my opinion, if we have to exercise nuclear option then it must be used as shock and awe strategy and we should launch the nukes at Major Economic and Population centers along with Dam's etc so as to take maximum number lives (Civilian Plus Military).Basically, completely devastate the adversary and take out a significant population of the adversary (Specially, the well educated population which will take decades to reproduce).

michael-jackson-thriller-eating-popcorn-animated.gif

Try concentrating on growth first, then think about taking lives of civilians and reaching to Indian cities.

Last i checked this is not a economic forum but Defense Discussion Forum.Obviously what i am discussing is worse case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom