What's new

Is it possible to convert su-30 into stealth or semi stealth?

A decoy is seduction/distraction, not jamming. It is to lead the defense's attention to somewhere and/or something else.

In jamming, we introduce anomalous data into the defense's data stream. Noise at any level of intensity and/or frequency. Essentially, we assault the defense's sensors.

With seduction/distraction, we attempt to convince the defense that there is nothing wrong with the data stream from the sensors. A decoy vehicle is a legitimate target. It may produce a radar signature other than what its construction should give, but as far as any sensor in the vicinity is concerned, that radar signature is and came from a legitimate vehicle.

There are tactical reasons why we want to use seduction/distraction tactics instead of sensor assaults. The main reason is simply we do not want the defense to know the extent of our jamming capability. That extent could be overwhelming or inadequate, meaning if our ability to assault the defense's sensors is weak, we want to hide that weakness and resort to misleading the sensors instead, but if our ability to assault the defense's sensors can overwhelm, then we may want to hold that ability in reserve for the 'right' moment. It is a tactical balancing act base upon individual area defense assessment.

What do you think of a potential of growlerski version?

Yes, just as the Russians reduced the RCS of latest Flankers and Mig 29s, by replacing as much metal parts with composite materials and adding as much coatings as possible. That will reduced it's RCS about 4 times, which imo is the most important part of the upgrade, because with evolving fighter radars and more importantly AWACS support in our opponent fleets, we need our fighters to be hard to detect. To achive this, the reduction of RCS in general, but also improving the EW capabilities and upgraded passive detection capabilities will be crucial and much more important than more thrust, Astra or even adding Brahmos 1. These changes and the fact that MKI don't need to carry external fuel tanks, will credibly reduce it's detectability and will make it far more deadly than it already is.

Super MKI will get powerful engine which will have thrust of 15 tons (PK Sengupta is source for this claim), will it be able to super cruise.

APA suggests it will.

What do you think of a potential of growlerski version?

?????

Good point.Really good point.Last week fox history was showing the EFT.The engineer told that infrared signature can be reduced upto 40 percent by shaping the engine nosels.Same thing can be applied to MKIs.But no matter how much you try the exhaust fume of the turbofan engines can be reduced only to a certain extent and still be a 'testy' arget for latest FLIR devices like russian OLS 50 and imagaging infrared homing AAMs like ASRAAM which are virtually jam proof.Only things you can do is to use a powerful EWS and an AESA radar that has a peak power of 30kw so that by consentrating the energy to a missile to hopefuly disable it.
REGARDS........

Good point.Really good point.Last week fox history was showing the EFT.The engineer told that infrared signature can be reduced upto 40 percent by shaping the engine nosels

I saw a show which stated same.

Who's the wise-guy that opened this dinosaur of a thread? I'd like to say hello to him/her........ :cheesy:

Who's the wise-guy that opened this dinosaur of a thread? I'd like to say hello to him/her........ :cheesy:
Actually It was me who re opened it because I had a question which was relevant to this topic and rather than opening some new thread, I though further adding question in it would be more wise.

Thanks but what I meant was its performance compared to similar self protection jammers on other fighters.

Can't say much about that, we know that the Israelis prefered them over systems that were on offer from the US. We know that several customers of US fighters, that have access to Israeli EW techs, prefer those over the export US versions too. But more interesting will be what changes the upgraded MKI will have in terms of EW, which will go far beyond the older self protection capabilities.

Super MKI will get powerful engine which will have thrust of 15 tons (PK Sengupta is source for this claim), will it be able to super cruise.

I don't give too much about his claims (appreciate the brochures and official infos he has access to), we know that we won't go for the 117S engines of the Su 35, but ordered a lot of more licence produced AL31s. If they are uprated needs to be seen, that they will make a much heavier and draggier MKI to be able to Supercruise is more than doubtful.

Back
Top Bottom