What's new

Is India really one nation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am but an Indian country bumkin. Aapki tarah goron ke des mein nahin baitha hun, isiliye angrezee meri thodi tang hai.

Cheers, Doc

I am but an Indian country bumkin. Aapki tarah goron ke des mein nahin baitha hun, isiliye angrezee meri thodi tang hai.

Cheers, Doc

Awww, false modesty.
You're making me blush... ;)

To the OP - No india is one nation only on map. Its up for grabs, get your share now

No thanks. We got enough of illegal Indian, Pak and Bangla immigrants here in SA. The last thing we need is to get some of their dry, dirty, humid , dusty terrain as well. Make the offer to Pak tho. Am sure they will accept :rofl:

No thanks. We got enough of illegal Indian, Pak and Bangla immigrants here in SA. The last thing we need is to get some of their dry, dirty, humid , dusty terrain as well. Make the offer to Pak tho. Am sure they will accept :rofl:

dry,dirty,humid and dusty terrain !! You will surely feel at home because thats what SA looks like :rofl:

dry,dirty,humid and dusty terrain !! You will surely feel at home because thats what SA looks like :rofl:

Hey Major. What flag are you flying ? It looks like you still retain the Brit flag on yours. Last time SA was a dusty dry and dirty terrain was when your motherland Brit ruled her. When we discarded Brit (as you seem reluctant to do so), things have changed since then. I suggest that you come over and check for yourself in 2010 when we host the world soccer cup :welcome:

No India was not one nation until the Brits put her together...but now India is one nation so the question is not valid.

No India was not one nation until the Brits put her together...but now India is one nation so the question is not valid.

I dont know where you got the idea that India did not exist as a nation before the Brits.....but let me just clarify.....the land that we live on.....between the Indus and the Brahmaputra.....and from the Himalayas to the Kanyakumari has always and will be India.....

No countries existed if you move 500 years back in history......there were only empires....so using this concept to discredit the formation of India is rubbish!!!

BTW....I see that you're based in Ann Arbor....by any chance do you go to University of Michigan??? Thats my alma-mater and Im a proud Wolverine!!!!

I dont know where you got the idea that India did not exist as a nation before the Brits.....but let me just clarify.....the land that we live on.....between the Indus and the Brahmaputra.....and from the Himalayas to the Kanyakumari has always and will be India.....

No countries existed if you move 500 years back in history......there were only empires....so using this concept to discredit the formation of India is rubbish!!!

BTW....I see that you're based in Ann Arbor....by any chance do you go to University of Michigan??? Thats my alma-mater and Im a proud Wolverine!!!!

Depends on how you look at it...the Brits for example have a continuous history so does the Chinese more or less.India does not have a continuous history of being ruled by a central authority.

No I did not go to school in Ann Arbor,lovely school though....I went to Colorado State..go Rams!!

Depends on how you look at it...the Brits for example have a continuous history

Are you serious?

Britain is a combination of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland, which were all kingdoms until the King of England subdued the other three and created Britain. Each of these regions have been ruled by different kings through the ages.

so does the Chinese more or less.

Wrong again. China has been through several phases of history, and they have been divided into 3 or more kingdoms on several occasions.
Even modern China is comprised of the ethnic-Han areas, the Tibetan areas and the Uighur areas, which all have their own kings and their own histories, though they have been under Han-Chinese rule in the past.

.India does not have a continuous history of being ruled by a central authority.

No country has a continual history of being ruled from a central authority.
However, India has been ruled by a central authority on multiple occasions in history.

Oh, for the love of God, DbnReaper is a South African of Indian descent. He started this thread as an excuse for mutual Indian back-slapping.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well ...I must admit that the sense of history as seen by some Pakistanis is seriously flawed from the word go.

If you think you can come up with an answer to my question below, I know that you are good and rational...

The colonial indenture system was such an indipensable tool in the hands of our erstwhile rulers that till this day we see a plethora of different systems, languages, traditions, intermingling with other castes including marriage...

When the indenture system started it started from the depot towns of India of which I know one Faizabad, currently in Uttar Pradesh ..

PIO or People of Indian Origin, as our Government would like to call them came from India and settled in places like:

Fiji, Mauritius, Seychelles, East Africa (Now Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda), South West Africa (Zimbabwe), Rhodesia & Nyasaland, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname and ofcourse Transvaal and South Africa.

I have never heard that the Pakistani Government is even remotely concerned with millions across the world like these who claim their descent from an India of the Raj which was a total concept, no matter which part of India you came from.

Of course lately, but the Indian government is very proactive in dealing with the sentiments of PIOs worldwide. This is a realization which came in late but it is there.

Today more and more mainland Indians know about their bretheren in far of lands who share the same culture, dress style and traditions.

Friends,

Have you ever heard of People of Pakistani Origin? Is there any single group of the diaspora ever loyal to Pakistan? Has the government replicated what GoI has done like easy invesments, marriage rules, property dealings and yes ofcourse PIO Card? Has the Paksitani Government ever done that?

Or do you think they are ever in a position (which it does not have) to do such activities?

There could be lot of "coolies" or "girmitiyas" who migrated from todays Peshawar or Rawalpindi or Lahore or Quetta?

Where are these people? Where does the Pakistani society stand vis-a-vis them who forefathers were from the above mentioned cities?

Come on Developer..it is bloody common sense ..these people who are PIOs are citizens of their country of birth...no soft feelings for Indians or Pakistanis..does not matter whther their forefathers came from Faizabad or Risalpur...

Do you get my point..and ofcourse this guy shares his religon with you ...so naturally he should have been more aligned to you as you belong to the "Ummah"

...But you are claiming that this guy is saying things for back slapping from us Indians?

Most weird comment to my knoweldge

Dont you understand that he is loyal to none of us? But at the same time if he speaks good for India then there must be something missing from Pakistan...

If there are a few thousands of them even in far off lands weilding some political or economic power you know what they can do for us Indians...

The simple reason is it is not the Paksitani disapora which is miniscule, immigration of the last 50 years or so not like the overwhelming millions of immigrants between 1837 to around 1918

This guy is one of them ..inspite of his natural leanings towards you because of religion (as you claim to be) , he is nt particularly impressed with Paksitan or Paksitanis...

Why cant you take a nutral perspective? and why do you think that he si pro India? He does not have probably anything to do with my country ...

Reply and reply sensibly

Best regards

Depends on how you look at it...the Brits for example have a continuous history so does the Chinese more or less.India does not have a continuous history of being ruled by a central authority.

No I did not go to school in Ann Arbor,lovely school though....I went to Colorado State..go Rams!!

Oh Cmon....the Brits ruled us for a mere 200 years......in a history that comprised Over 5000 years, India has had many rulers that lasted for periods much longer than what the Bristish ruled us for.....
Are we forgetting the Mughals, the Mauryas, the Guptas, the Marathas, the Cholas.......

Ahhh...Colorado....some of the best slopes Ive ever skied on!!!....and the weather is fantastic.!!!

Who cares about what the Chinese thinks . I used that article as a foundation for my query. Given that a united India is emerging as a strong global economic player, will a fragmented India not allow more economic competition between the states thus possibly resulting in the emergence of a few giants in the future ?

You have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom