What's new

Is Gripen NG Fighter jets best choice for Pakistan Air Force?

Hi
i read an article some where that j-10b is a pretty good fighter jet, and even Americans know that, i cant find that article now. i am sure many other people came across it where it was also stated that it was more maneuverable than f-18, so Gripen is out of question.

yup i red it too!
i just remembered when u mentioned f-18! US navy said that its more manueverable than f-18E/F super hornets!!
:china::pakistan::china:
http://www.fighter-planes.com/info/j10.htm

Last edited:
thats not the case!
many muslim countries r buying advanced fighters and other stuff! Eurofighter Typhoon is an example!

LOL THEY JUST HATE PAKISTAN BECAUSE OF OUR SEXINESS!!!!:pakistan:

So chinese doesnt think you are all sexy... just kidding .. dont attack me for that..LOL

So chinese doesnt think you are all sexy... just kidding .. dont attack me for that..LOL

lol chinese love our sexiness thats why they always help us out in crisis situation, because chinese kno that crisis might affect our sexiness and they dont want us to lose that!!!
:china::pakistan:

Last edited:
We can trust Sweden for supply of NG Fighter as we have already got Awacs from them. Similarly for JF-17 and future J-10s, we can approach to Sweden for the supply of some avionics system. Also alternate arrangement should be made in getting avionics system from South Africa as well.

We can trust Sweden for supply of NG Fighter as we have already got Awacs from them. Similarly for JF-17 and future J-10s, we can approach to Sweden for the supply of some avionics system. Also alternate arrangement should be made in getting avionics system from South Africa as well.

gripen uses american components, so we first need to ask US before we can do anything!
and dont forget when gripen project was started they offered it to us but we couldn't buy it because of sanctions posed by US!!!
PAF wont go for gripen now so no need to argue...=)

gripen uses american components, so we first need to ask US before we can do anything!
and dont forget when gripen project was started they offered it to us but we couldn't buy it because of sanctions posed by US!!!

from what i heard gripen is 100% swedish now but before it wasent

i dun know why to start such threads whose conclusion cant b drawn ...baseless thread are always started by Sri Lankan....he starts the thread and then disappears and let the other people waste their energy on a near to impossible thing

LOL, at mani, and i agree with you. but let the thread rest and should be closed, because there is no way we can buy or even touch gripen.

It is not just about US components. Sweden has a very clear policy on offensive weapons. We in the past got RBS-70S Beam-Riders (Defensive Weapon), SAAB MFI 17 (Defensive Weapon), etc. Gripen is clearly an offensive weapon.

PAF can go on evaluating it till the cows come home -- the plane will not be released for sale to Pakistan period....

Sweden is also not very amenable country to do business with. India learned it the hard way when they stopped spares and shells for their FH77 during Kargil conflict.

On top of this Indian shopping list is out there (they will make the max use of the clout that this wish list gives them to deny weapons deals to Pakistan). Sweden is no exception like France!

We can keep on dreaming about Gripens and Rafeals, Euros etc. Until India finalizes its next gen plane, we will only get the F-16 (At least US is selling us hardware despite Indian Shopping List), JF-17 and the J-10B

We need to replace our MiG -21's (Point defense) with JF 17 (150 units), replace our Mirages with a combo of F-16 (in Strike role) & JF-17 in Point Defense; F-16's + 100 JF-17. J-10B (36) can form along with F-16 as the Air Superiority element of the force.

The deep strike (Nuclear) element can be the 32 Block 52 F-16 in addition to their long range interceptor role.

I see a force by 2015 of:

150 JF 17
100 JF 17 light strike/intercept
32 F-16 C/D Deep strike/Air Superiority
36 J10-B Air Superiority
70 odd F-16 Multi Mission elements

Forget about the other European Weapon Platforms -- they also have many string attached to them (might be of different nature - we can debate upon why we end up getting sanctioned not just from US but others and how we can avoid it -- but that is another thread ) -- we just saw a trailer for the JF -17 avionics deal!!! On top of that they are extremely expensive options without a cover of "Aid" like our US "Deals.":pakistan:

i dun know why to start such threads whose conclusion cant b drawn ...baseless thread are always started by Sri Lankan....he starts the thread and then disappears and let the other people waste their energy on a near to impossible thing

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:lol: true!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The people will waste their time and energy and the starter enjoy the benefit of their knowledge

i think we wait a little bit for thr mmrca results.
tan we decide
let suppose india choose euro typhoon than we can choose Dassault Rafale or supper hornet
but i think we choose f-16ng which is also called the f-16in

Back
Top Bottom