What's new

Is Gripen NG Fighter jets best choice for Pakistan Air Force?

Also there was some news regarding tata and dassault collaboration

PARIS: Dassault Aviation and INCAT's parent company, Tata Technologies, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for ESO services. Under the terms of the MoU, INCAT, global leader in Engineering Services Outsourcing (ESO), will provide Dassault Aviation with engineering services in a number of critical domains, in support of the Indian Air Force MMRCA program, which involves significant offset requirements.

INCAT has been selected as a key offset partner for ESO delivery to help fulfill these offset requirements.

Utilizing INCAT's robust Global Delivery model, the services will be delivered largely from the recently established INCAT HAL Aerostructures Limited (IHAL) dedicated aerospace engineering services centre in Bangalore, India, and backed up by INCAT's delivery teams in France and the U.S.

The agreement is testament to INCAT's expertise in the aerospace market and its commitment to growing this capability in India as evidenced by the recent joint venture with HAL.

Eric Trappier, Executive Vice-President International of Dassault Aviation says: "It is essential to find partners with the right expertise and experience in both aerospace engineering and working in India. INCAT and Tata Technologies have proven credentials in both these areas." Lokesh Srivastava, CEO of IHAL, comments: "This MoU marks a significant milestone since the formation of IHAL and is a sure sign of e solid demand for our services."

Dassault, Tata Technologies pact on MMRCA project : Defense news

will we be seeing a TATA fighter soon?????:woot:

Yeah you wil see Tata fighters very soon maybe they will also fly....it will be a great achievement!:woot:

Anyway it's an off topic post, we are not discussing on Tat bela, Lca or mmrca whatever!:blah:

No thats not the case, We do have the money but we can't buy anything without the permission of USA. So What if we change oue fleet to Gripen the American's will still have a upper hand the engine in it can give us problems.
I am not going to disclose my contact but looks like the Americans are **** scared to J-10B and have put the fighter at the top with F-22, F-15, Eurofighter, J-11, Super Hornet, Su-30+ which is quite interesting makes me wounder what the Chinese are hiding under the sheet which is making Uncle Sam so nervous. That means we will have an order for more than 50.

Sir i heard that fc-20 is even further upgraded form of j-10b...and what about 150 numbers for Fc-20 i heard it from many people...is it just a rumour or are we really getting 150 of them?

n last thing wat about j-11 b i heard that PAF evaluated it... So will we see any j-11 induction in near future?

my wish list for PAF
jf17 300 coustimized with westren avionics
j10b 126 with aesa radar and a powerfull engine
j11b 90 for air superiorty role
f-16 45 we have and 18 coming more
enough force to deeter any aggression from india

Not this BS again please!!! Is Gripen some 5th gen. aircraft that Pakistan is being asked to build in house that we cannot handle the technology?

Sir sweeden was offering their Grippen with TOT and was even evaluated by PAF

but thats wat our EX-ACM tanveer Mehmood said
it was sumfing lyk dat

" To be very honest we cant handle the complex technology of Gripen as we dun have basics"

Aahh...After...So that is what he meant...Still...What make anyone believe that US aviation developments will remain static with the F-22? Already the US is working on evolving the F-22, F-35 and B-2 into full active RCS manipulators, not merely passive RCS reducers as they are now. And that is not counting the next generation of 'stealth' aircrafts, manned and un-manned.

sir gambit ,
i would like to ask you one thing ..... your f 22 jsf b2..... they all have engines right? so that dose mean they give off heat? i mean so called stealth is not soo stelthy any more ... i mean IRST can locate them yes? but i do know its not long rang..... but here a whole alot of rooom for improvement soo stealth is bye bye:wave:

Sweeden has banned arms sales to Pakistan so Gripen is out of conention for our future plans

Sweden's 2009 arms sales shot up

STOCKHOLM, Sweden, March 11 (UPI) -- Sweden in 2009 sold arms worth $1.9 billion, a 7 percent increase over the previous year, a government agency said.

"Of the total defense materiel exports, 80 percent went to well-established partner countries, both within the EU and to countries like South Africa and the United States," Andreas Ekman Duse, the head of the Swedish Agency for Non-Proliferation and Export Controls, or ISP, said in a statement.

The ISP monitors and controls weapons exports. It said 2009 saw the biggest yearly growth of arms sales since it began monitoring them in 1996.

Ekman Duse said large-scale, single-product sales such as that of the Combat Vehicle 90 to the Netherlands and the Saab JAS 39 Gripen to South Africa influence the statistics.

The Gripen is a lightweight multirole fighter jet that is cheaper than the Eurofighter; Sweden, Hungary and the Czech Republic already operate the aircraft; Thailand and South Africa have ordered it.

BAE Systems of Britain has a long-standing stake in Saab and the Gripen project but is determined to sell it. Earlier this month, BAE Systems decided to sell 10 percent of its remaining 20.5 percent share.

The CV 90, a Swedish infantry fighting vehicle designed by Swedish company Haegglunds/Bofors and produced by BAE Systems Haegglunds, is being exported mainly to European nations.

The top three export destinations in 2009 were the Netherlands, with $352 million; South Africa, with $240 million; and Pakistan, with $197 million.

While more than half of all exports went to European nations, 27 percent went to what Duse called "well-established partner countries" -- the United States, Australia, South Africa, Canada, South Korea and Singapore.

Weapons exports to more questionable markets -- including Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Thailand and Bahrain -- continued in 2009, to the dismay of Swedish parliamentarians.

Lars Angstroem, a senior official with the Swedish Green Party, said Saudi Arabia should be dropped from the export list.

"Saudi Arabia seriously and systematically violates human rights as defined by the United Nations and it is unacceptable that exports have gone there," he said in a statement.

The ISP said it banned arms exports to Pakistan in 2007 but was honoring contracts signed before that year. The agency can block sales to countries at war or known to commit human rights violations but also has the power to grant exceptions for clear defense or national security reasons.

© 2010 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Sweden's 2009 arms sales shot up - UPI.com

:cry::cry: they really do hate muslims eh?

thats not the case!
many muslim countries r buying advanced fighters and other stuff! Eurofighter Typhoon is an example!

LOL THEY JUST HATE PAKISTAN BECAUSE OF OUR SEXINESS!!!!:pakistan:

thats not the case!
many muslim countries r buying advanced fighters and other stuff! Eurofighter Typhoon is an example!

LOL THEY JUST HATE PAKISTAN BECAUSE OF OUR SEXINESS!!!!:pakistan:

whatever...we don't need those ragamuffins because we have our beast pal china with us.LONG LIVE PAK CHINA FRIENDSHIP:pakistan::china:

Hi
i read an article some where that j-10b is a pretty good fighter jet, and even Americans know that, i cant find that article now. i am sure many other people came across it where it was also stated that it was more maneuverable than f-18, so Gripen is out of question.

Back
Top Bottom