What's new

Is China's Xinhua the Future of Journalism? - Newsweek

Told you not to bother ;) Where did you say you that spray can again?

He's not here for intelligent give/take debate, his article is here to point the finger and establish his superiority

Yeah, what is with all these trolls in the China defence section nowadays?

Renegade is clearly not looking for a neutral and objective discussion.

Violent crime, corruption of officials, privilege abuse and intransparency of government, pollution, mine accident, illegal land aquisition. These eye catching themes are invariably the favourite of chinese media. Even Global Times (a nationalistic media belongs to people's daily) criticised Chinese goverment for internet censorship, not to mention liberals' media
numerous mine accidents and toxic milk power scandal widely used for china-bashing in western media are also disclosed by CCTV and xinhua.

Has there ever been reports about human right abuses? Number of death sentences awarded? Human rights groups claim 10,000 death sentences are carried out every year. By the way, I check China Daily website quite often.

Has there ever been reports about human right abuses? Number of death sentences awarded? Human rights groups claim 10,000 death sentences are carried out every year. By the way, I check China Daily website quite often.

Next time when you are in a mood of making up story to troll, at least do some homework other than making a fool out of yourself.
China daily is not the Offcial website of CPC, its People Dailly.:lol:
And all your requested news are published in Chinese only, do you understand Chinese?:rofl::rofl:

Next time when you are in a mood of making up story to troll, at least do some homework other than making a fool out of yourself.
China daily is not the Offcial website of CPC, its People Dailly.:lol:
And all your requested news are published in Chinese only, do you understand Chinese?:rofl::rofl:

Check the link below . You'll know who's making fool of whom. Please remember that every country has its own issues in different forms and the solution is in first recognizing it.
Capital punishment in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though wiki is not the best source of info out there, their numbers are not too different from other sources.

If China Daily not being an official news paper is still so restricted, I could very well imagine how the official news agencies will be..

Check the link below . You'll know who's making fool of whom. Please remember that every country has its own issues in different forms and the solution is in first recognizing it.
Capital punishment in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though wiki is not the best source of info out there, their numbers are not too different from other sources.

If China Daily not being an official news paper is still so restricted, I could very well imagine how the official news agencies will be..

just go to qq.com and use google translate.

Calm down for a second please, did you get caught regarding the claim of visiting your imaginated official media of China "China daily"?

Secondly whats wrong with excecuting criminals and crooks? even a lot of the sane Indian members here saying India should do the same.

Lastly, whats your purpose of your post other than troll and flame?
How about discussing this, thats related to 69% of you guys?:undecided:
Asia Sentinel - Hidden Darkness: Child Sexual Abuse in India
And why is that your media stop covering it since 2007? no more
such abuses happened in India anymore?:azn:

Nobody in China reads China Daily, so I'm sure they must be glad to have you as audience.

As for your questions, how did majority of the news about 'human rights abuses' come out? Because Chinese media reported them then they got picked up by the Western press. Of course they're not called 'human rights abuses' in China, they're called 'police torture', 'illegal detention', 'prosecution against journalists', 'government-mafia collusions'. But name doesn't matter anyway. And how did those human rights groups estimate number of death penalties in China? They searched Chinese media for all reported death sentences and added them up.

By the way, the 10,000 number is way outdated. If you're interested in death penalties, the most recent episode of the Sinica podcast is about that topic.

If you don't read Chinese and still want to join the discussion, at least read some bridge blogs like ChinaHush or ChinaSmack. They can only cover a few stories at a time, but those at least can give some tastes of what are the most followed news in China.

I myself actually prefer reading Western media reports on China. Why? Because Western media nowadays is about rising China taking over the world plus some sidekick China bears declaring the worst thing happening China is a property bubble. Reading Chinese media on other hand makes me upset, outraged and want to bang my head against the wall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom